Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad Mon 19/10

Hey Squad!!

Sorry I'm late in getting here - been lugging furniture around all day into my new showroom... shew I am filthy!!

BH I did a quick speed read and I think your idea is great.... on the 30 day AF thread it just continues so if I do (gawd forbid) miss a day all the post are still there on the same thread for me to catch up on. I think a weekly thread will give us some continuation (sp?).

Now where is Vladster??? Oi Vlad, I see you have logged on today... how are you??

Right now I need to head back to yesterdays thread to catch up on all of your news.... brb
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Mod Squad Mon 19/10

Hi Modders! Has Vlad made an appearance yet? BH was looking this morning....
      Hope you all have or are having a good day
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Mod Squad Mon 19/10

K, caught up on the news.

Lila, I have used L-Glut since I started the program and I do rate it hightly. You can buy it in capsules or in power form and if the craving hits then put some of the powder under your tounge - it works instantly. You are sounding fantastic btw! Strong and determined!!

Eve, how did your weekend go without hubby?? Did you get lots of EVE time:-)

Peri, good on you for giving the MWO program your all!! Don't be disheartend if you don't feel strong enough to go AF yet, the right time will come. I was mod for 3 months before I went AF and although it was tough going initially I think because I cut way back before hand definetly helped me reach my goal.

Vera, don't worry I have surprised myself this weekend. Not once have I had a teary moment... I always used to be very "dronk verdriet" (you know when you feel oh so sorry for yourself when you are pissed and on your own and have a good cry - yip that was me last year!)

Ha ha, "moddie of the month" now that is one achievement I'll be proud of:-)

Sun, what's up? How was your weekend?

Hi Starting and Oney... you guys are like our personal cheerleaders - it's great that you pop in to check up on us.

Vladster is fine, she's really busy at work so hopefully we'll hear from her a bit later.
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Mod Squad Mon 19/10

Damn I keep forgetting to fill in my Drink Tracker

Comment

Mod Squad Mon 19/10

Yes, the right time will come...that's why I like the Mod Squad, I think I personally do best without pressure, just encouragement. Do you have to take L-Glut on an empty stomach?
            How does one get to be Moddie of the Month, anyways????

Comment

Mod Squad Mon 19/10

Yip Lila, take the L-Glut on an empty stomache but if the craving hits hard I take it regardless.... although saying that I usually don't crave after I've eaten... that good ole HALT rule always does the job for me.

LOL, "Moddie of the Month" was a joke Vera made yesterday on the thread - it gave me a giggle thinking of me walking around town with a badge that says "Moddie of the Month"

Comment

Mod Squad Mon 19/10

Yes, it should be on your signature!

Comment

Mod Squad Mon 19/10

How are you doing today Lila?

Comment

Mod Squad Mon 19/10

Good. Doing my reading, but I take little computer breaks every other minute! How are you doing?

Comment

Mod Squad Mon 19/10

Surprisily great, thanks. Daughter and I are even bonding lol!! I got her a book from the libuary called "Chicken Soup for the pre-teen" and she is loving it!

Off to eat dinner now, chat later:l

Comment

Mod Squad Mon 19/10

Oh, finally. Yes, BH, think it's a good idea to have a weekly thread. As for moddie of the month - don't think I'd be winning. Seem to be sticking with my 2 beers a day at the moment, I manage a day AF here and there. My record is 7 days for the month, well actually it's 30 days but on that occasion I stated I was going to be AF for 30 days. I find it hard to stick to a plan. Well, actually I find it hard to make a plan, the reason being because I just don't want to. One day, I'll maybe feel I want to. I hope that makes sense.
                        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Mod Squad Mon 19/10

Oh yeah, my friend came back from Ghana and he brought me some chocolate. I've eaten it. It was very nice.
                          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Mod Squad Mon 19/10

Hi Everybody,
                            My news is that I met my goal of an AF weekend. I want to get out of the routine of having a few drinks just because it is the weekend. I'm not drinking during the week, and I have mostly been limiting myself on the weekend to just one evening. So now this is even less, and that's want I want. I want to have a drink when I want one, but not want one very often, just occasionally.
                            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Mod Squad Mon 19/10

'Evening, Squad,

Ok, BH, I get it now. This weekly/monthly thread business makes a great deal of sense. Now, I don't have to go back to the previous day's thread to see if anyone posted after me. Sometimes I can be so thick in the head! Sun, congrats on your AF weekend. Hope you continue to make strides to your goal of occasional social drinker. I'm not sure that's in the cards for me. Think I'd be getting that "deprived" feeling Nancy has referred to. Which is truly absurd, but there nonetheless. I enjoy chocolate occasionally but don't eat a whole bag when it's been awhile! Weekend was just ok. Not terrible, but thought about drinking more than I'm striving for. And, having wine 3 nights in a row helped me put on 2 pounds I'd taken off, so will be AF and dessert-free for a few days to get back down.

Lila, I know you're working the program with the supps, but I highly recommend regular exercise. It releases all kinds of good brain chemicals, tones the body, and makes you feel so good about yourself. I love walking in the early morning - it's almost a spiritual experience. And Vlad, you will get there - wherever "there" is. I don't think there's a manual anywhere that outlines what we're supposed to feel, even after a 30-day AF stint. It's a journey, like long term weight management, and there are bound to be ups, downs, and neutrals all over the place. I prefer the long view - looking back a year ago, for instance. Not pretty.

All - have a great week. I'll check in after my church class tomorrow night!

Vera-b

Comment

Mod Squad Mon 19/10

I decided if I go for one entire month with no slips, sticking to all my own rules, I will get myself a massage!

Things have been ok. Though I did go over my limits a few times, to 5 drinks on two separate occasions. That's the worst I have done in 9 weeks though. And my weekly limits were still met.

It's hard work but I think it's worth it. I am doing more meditation and finding it really helpful. The philosophy has sunk in.

Comment

Working...
                                X