Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad Weekly Thread 20/10/08

Oh fiddlesticks! Maybe I got it wrong.... brb
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

I dunno, it looks kinda okay in there but I still have an hour and a half to wait (yawn) it's only going to be ready at 11!
      What you up to Vladster? How is the car - fixed yet?
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

No, my car isn't fixed yet. Will need to go through my insurance, repairs will be ?400 + VAT and that's without a new wing mirror.
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Oh hello the AFer... what you been up today that you're so pooped? You okay Oney?

Comment

Hi all,
            Big Welcome to St. John - this is a nice group. Nice to hear from Evielou. Just my usual day at work, then a podiatrist appt., and out to sing this evening, working on the tunes from Alexander Nevsky, a 1939 propaganda film with a great musical score. We watched the movie a couple of weeks ago - my friend described it as hokey, a good word for it. I love to sing almost as much as gardening - and I can do it year round.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Bedtime for Vladders, night everyone!
              Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

SNOW!
                They just predicted our first inch - brrr! Lila, have you had any snow yet?
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

hi vlads,im back,i think im gonna hang here,gyco hope al is well

Comment

Hi SUnbeam, where have you been? No snow yet, thank goodness! Gyco, are you joining the Mod Squad? It is the place to be, you know!

Comment

OMG! I feel so left out today! There have been so many great posts here and I am just now getting here! I made myself "moderate" the forum today because I had a crazy work schedule today. I had several deadlines and several outside appointments. I made my last deadline at 4:45 pm (deadline was 5pm). I would never have made it if I had even peeked at the forum in between.

To start with Happy b-day DeeBee! I posted a special icon-filled greeting on your b-day thread! Chocolate cake, yummy... (chocolate- it's my other addiction).

Hi Vlad, Lila, Sunbeam, Startingover, One2many, Evielou, and Eve (phew)!

Welcome MM and St John, I don't think we've "met" although I have read some of your posts here and there. Glad to have you with us. This is a great squad.

Gyco it's awesome to have you hang with us, you have such great advice that I take with me throughout the day.

I'm on day 3 of my hypno cd's, full blown supps, topa, and AF. I feel great! I am going to settle in soon and have a cup of tea, English Toffee sounds good for tonight. It is chilly here today and I was out in the wind and rain today, burrr...

good night everyone,
                      periwinkle
                      Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Hi all
                        Like Peri I too have been so busy with work that I just couldnt even look at the site as I knew I would get sucked in. I actually signed off an email to my boss as boozehag! He was like - what does BH mean? Oops....
                        Glad to see we are gathering forces against the evil one! I posted on J-vo's moderating thread about her and my own mod plan. I have been modding now for nearly 4 months and I tell you it does get easier every day. I know it is not as easy for everyone as in my case a big part of the reason that I can moderate is because I am not smoking now. When I drank I smoked and when I smoked I drank more. So for me with the smoking gone there is no desire to binge drink as without the added effect of the nicotene there is a natural cut off after a couple of drinks - I am inclined to eat something which kills any possibility of a binge dead. I still take the L-glut though every now and then if I am going out as its like my secret talisman.
                        BH

Comment

Hello Squadron,

Looks like I may the last one on for the night. Was very busy cleaning house, making a pot of chili for dinner, going to my Ladies Bible Study class, and clearing email. One was from my daughter who was forwarding me a picture of a nice young man she just met. She stalked him on Facebook, and sent me the picture. This is a fun time - DeeBee, something to look forward to. And with the relationship you're establishing with your daughter as a Mom who's present in her life, there will be plenty of fun times ahead for you.

Am enjoying my AF week - still taking myself to task for allowing wine over 3 nights over the weekend. My sleep does need those AF nights. I honestly don't know how my body made it in the "fog" days, when EVERY night was booze-interrupted sleep. I truly think I aged myself considerably because sleep is the time when our cells regenerate and we "heal" from the wear and tear of the day. Anyway, will be a good night tonight.

Hello to the entire Mod Squad. Peri is far better than I at remembering everyone. So, I'll do it by classes. Good to hear that spirits are high for the regulars, and welcome to the newcomers and visiting AF-ers. Happiest birthday DeeBee. Evielou, it is so good to hear from you and One2 - while the "specialty" threads are very supportive, it's hard to keep up with everyone across the spectrum. Since I'm starting so late tonight, will sign off. Will be back on after my Jesus class tomorrow night and looking forward to hearing from ya'll.

Vera-b

Comment

Morning Squad - crumbs how we've grown in numbers.

Peri, that sounded like a tough deadline to meet yesterday - good job meeting it! Nothing like a deadline to get the A into G I find.

Vladster, my cake flopped horribly. I could kill someone with it if I threw it at them LOL... what a disaster. But then it just doesn't sound right making a cake in a bread maker does it??!!!

Lila, how did the singing go last night? I am so enious of anyone who has an ounce of talent LOL... you and Vlad could do a duet together.

Gyco, welcome back! Let us know how we can help you, K?

BH, I am wetting myself here laughing at you signing your name on an email as BoozeHag... how did you explain that one to the boss LOL!

Hi Sun, Eve, MM, St John, Vera and anyone I have forgotten.... I must dash out to buy a cake.....

Comment

Vlad feels angry today. Excuse me - I need to vent. I CAN'T STAND DRIVERS WHO INDICATE THEY WANT OTHER DRIVERS TO DRIVE SAFELY BECAUSE THEY MIGHT HAVE A CHILD IN THE CAR AND THEN DRIVE DANGEROUSLY THEMSELVES - ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH! Honestly I was doing 30 in a 30 limit past a PRIMARY SCHOOL were CHILDREN were crossing and this person decides to overtake me and cuts me up. Not only that, they have 'GRANDCHILD ON BOARD' hanging in their rear window.

And to continue, when the speed limit changed to 60, they proceeded to do 40, so I decided to overtake them. When the speed limit changed back to 30, they drove up my arse beeping their horn at me. OH YEAH, REALLY.

Comment

Ah, that feels better.

Comment

Working...
                                X