Mod Squad Weekly Thread 20/10/08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DeeBee, 5 is nothing compared to my last binge in May.I would have had 5 before 10am.
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Hi Guys,

Deebers, that is a shame but no more beating yourself up hun. Just be ready for when you go out with her again.

Have a lovely day all xxx
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I wouldn't have known a 'chocolate cake' was a drink either!
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

OH, DeeBee, I wouldn't have known either, how manipulative! I would have felt the pressure, and drank it as well. Eve, I do understand what you mean about sneaking, so that is very amazing that you didn't when you had the opportunity. Hi Starts and Vlad! Hi EvieLou how are you? Everything settled down? Do you look for meanings when things happen, like Oh, i am supposed to learn blah blah blah? I am so glad you weren't liable. I was thinking Oh No...
          I am still in my robe, drinking my coffee, early morning. It is getting colder and I don't like that...mostly. Well, good morning all!
          Lila

Comment

I love the cold!
            Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

I do feel I am liable ... I still could've put my foot down... but lesson learnt. It sure won't happen again.
              I remember reading somewhere that it's okay to make a mistake once, you learn from it but to make the same mistake over and over is just dumb! So moving on.

How is everyone today.... what's news?
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

DeeBee- be good to yourself - learn from it and move on. God gave you a new day. Enjoy it and love yourself.
                Toughen up!

Comment

Happy Birthday any how DeeBee. I guess things will happen from time to time. What we need to make sure of is that it's not happening on a consistent basis. And another positive - you'd already eaten dinner. Prior to my AF, I would have drunk all that even before eating a scrumptious seafood dinner.
                  Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Welcome, j-vo. This is a great thread- lots of love and support.
                    Toughen up!

Comment

DeeBee,
                      Wanted to post this little story, you may have read it before and if not you'll really appreciate it because it's so right on. Here goes:
                      Autobiography in 5 short chapters
                      Chapter 1
                      I walk down the street. There is a deep hole in the sidewalk. I fall in. I am lost. I am helpless. It isn't my fault. It takes forever to find a way out.

Chapter 2
                      I walk down the same street. There is a deep hold in the sidewalk. I pretend I don't see it. I fall in again. I can't believe I am in the same place. But it isn't my fault. It still takes a long time to get out.

Chapter 3
                      I walk down the same street. There is a deep hole in the sidewalk. I see it is there. I still fall in. It's a habit. My eyes are open. I know where I am. It is my fault. I get out immediately.

Chapter 4
                      I walk down the same street. There is a deep hole in the sidewalk. I walk around it.

Chapter 5
                      I walk down another street.
                      -----------------------------------
                      So, back to your story. You probably like the friend you were with so just remember that you need to be careful with that particular person with your drinking.

I purposely don't do girl's night out with 3 friends that are problem drinkers because I feel it would be too easy to get pulled down by them. So, maybe when it's real tempting times, holidays, etc. that's not the person to be hanging with.

Also, remember it was an easy time to be tempted. I mean a birthday after all!! So, easy for people to buy you drinks etc.

I had a similar thing happen on vacation recently when I had had my two (goal for the night) and niece brought over a glass of wine (the third one). She paid with her hard earned money (only 20 something) and I didn't have the heart to say no. Kind of hard with the birthday shooters too. It was just a very tempting time. So, pick yourself up and tell yourself that next year you'll walk down another street when it's birthday celebration time.

We're all here for you.
                      Hugs,
                      Eve11
                      "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Thank you Eve, that put it into words how I was thinking! Yes birthdays are a tough one when AL is involved... just too easy to think "what the heck it's my bithday".

Welcome J-Vo, good to see you here.

Ta, St John for the message. How are you doing?
                        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hi everyone!

Just a quick check in. Another busy day!

DeeBee you have gotten some good advice here from everyone. Love the story Eve! So I agree with every one, don't be too hard on yourself.

I had 2 really stressful days in a row. I dealt with some really stupid people in the process. As I was finishing up last evening around 7pm I though to myself, this is just the kind of night that I would normally be thinking, I need a drink, or 3 or 4! But I wasn't craving or feeling that at all! I didn't want a drink at all! I was just glad that the day was finally over and that hubby was kind enough to fix dinner so that I didn't still have that to do after a long day. I am proud of me. :kudos:

periwinkle
                          Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

I am proud of you too Peri!

Comment

I'm proud of you too Peri as that's an easy time to give yourself an excuse to drink (stressful day excuse).
                              Good for you for hanging tough!
                              "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Eve11;449937 wrote:
                                Chapter 1
                                I walk down the street. There is a deep hole in the sidewalk. I fall in. I am lost. I am helpless. It isn't my fault. It takes forever to find a way out.

Chapter 2
                                I walk down the same street. There is a deep hold in the sidewalk. I pretend I don't see it. I fall in again. I can't believe I am in the same place. But it isn't my fault. It still takes a long time to get out.

Chapter 3
                                I walk down the same street. There is a deep hole in the sidewalk. I see it is there. I still fall in. It's a habit. My eyes are open. I know where I am. It is my fault. I get out immediately.

Chapter 4
                                I walk down the same street. There is a deep hole in the sidewalk. I walk around it.

Chapter 5
                                I walk down another street.
                                Oh my, I had a dream like that a while back!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X