Mod Squad Weekly Thread 20/10/08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still have not gotten any l-glut, maybe I will today. I am cutting down, esp since last time I was alone. It just seems like a solid habit to me, more than anything else...very strange, I was never like this until a few short years ago...

Comment

I was just re-reading the MWO book and something struck me that I wanted to share, as I think as Modders it applies even more so to us.....

"To tend unfailingly, unflinchingly, towards a goal, is the secret of success"
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

And one more.....

"Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them - every day begin the task anew."
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

GREAT quote! Thanks. Need to drag my book out and peruse. Love the remedying part. Just move on and grow from it!
          Toughen up!

Comment

I have a quick minute to say "hi" to everyone. St John, sorry to hear you're hurting today. Hope you are feeling a bit better now.

So DeeBee, you want to come to Colorado, eh? You've already invited me to come see you in South Africa! So here is my invite for you to visit me in Colorado! I can show you some snow. :snowflake:

Welcome Guitarista.

periwinkle
            Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

DeeBee;451203 wrote: I understand just how you are feeling - you didn't get drunk, but you didn't stick to your rules. Crap feeling, yeah? Remember the feeling next time you want to have a drink and it's not part of your plan.
              Great advcie DeeBee - we all need to remember that!
              Thanks for the how to do the quote tip Vlad.
              Hi Peanut and have a beautiful day!
              St J. - keep your chin up ... we love you!!
              "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

One more thing... have I mentioned I loooove chocolate? :blinkylove:

Well, I just had my 2 after lunch Dove minis. They have "Promise Messages" inside the wrappers. Both of them follow this thread's theme and I just had to post them here:

"One's best success comes after one's greatest dissapointments."

"Forget the potholes in the road and celebrate the journey instead!"

I think those were a couple of gems for the squadders lately. Sums it up quite well I'd say!

periwinkle
                Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

I would love to Peri!! I better give up the twaks and start saving lol!
                  Hi Eve, how you doing today?

Comment

I loved the second one - brilliant!

You just reminded me I have a box of choccies stashed away... lovley Aussie Walker chocolates.

Comment

Hi all,
                      Just a quick check-in before another night out, the fifth this week.

St. John,
                      It seems you are the one most recently in need of comfort - my love goes out to you.

Vera-b,
                      I'm an alto in my church choir, so we can do a duet next time I come to New England. I guess that would be Christmas - someone may have other plans! I have family in central Mass and in Maine. We also love Vermont - we did one of those inn-to-inn bike tours there a bunch of years age, the kind where you ride a bike and the vans carry all the cargo. It was fun, I still love to bike but the season is winding down. We have spent several vacations on Cape Cod. So, New England is great.

Cheers to all and happy Friday.
                      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

St. John;451179 wrote: Hi to all- feeling defeated today as I caved last night to the temptations of wine flowing at a party. Had two glasses and beating myself up for it...
                        St. J
                        I've been thinking about your post today and I really think you're being too hard on yourself. Week -day night or not when we go to these special events it's a lot tougher to say no when it's a business dinner, party, dinner party, etc.
                        I personally would be harder on myself for cracking open that bottle of wine and drinking alone at night or sneaking one behind my hubby's back then I would for a social event.
                        Feel better!! You're doing really awesome. Remember, you posted you were drinking
                        nightly...you've come a long way since then!
                        Eve11

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

"Evening, squadon,

I'm sorry I missed everyone yesterday. Had a long day - work, grocery store, blah, blah, blah. Hubby was still in St. Louis, so when I finally got home I had all 4 of the "HALT" symptoms - hungry, angry, lonely, tired. The anger was more of the irritation variety. Printer problems at work and a boss who takes FOREVER to tell a story/give directions, etc. meant I was at work later than usual. Then, racing to finish Thursday errands and the weather turned suddenly very cold. Was tired and cold lugging groceries into the house. Now, I'm a big girl and I know this is no earth shattering tale. It's just life - not every day is a wonderful, spiritual experience. But I tell it because of it's unhappy ending - ended up feeling totally sorry for myself and opened a bottle of wine. Downed the whole darn thing.

Felt shitty all day - not so much physically, though my sleep was not the good stuff. But more with myself. Like Deebs and St. John, there is no disappointment greater than disappointing yourself. I've read all your posts to catch up, and found them so uplifting. I especially like your MWO quotes Deebs, and have decided to post them where I can refer to them regularly.

To be honest, I thought of not posting tonight, but knew that I was NOT going to let this incident deter me from my long term goal, and I just could not bring myself to be dishonest with all of you. I will make a different, better choice next time. I've worked the evening over in my head, and know what I need to do to avoid a recurrence. Thanks for letting me get this out - am on to enjoy my Friday. Hubby and I are celebrating our anniversay today - 27 years. I think that qualifies him for sainthood! :h

Vera-b

Comment

Thanks Eve, great words of support. And Vera- wow 27 years is remarkable! Good Friday to all. Here we go into the weekend, friends. Make it a good one!
                            Toughen up!

Comment

Vera-B,

Congrat girl on 27 years! That's amazing! Have a wonderful day!

Don't beat yourself up. Those Dove Promises are for you too. I don't think it was a coincidence I got those messages today, I was meant to share them with all my friends on this forum. The messages are usually more of a romantic nature. These messages were especially for me to share here today.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

periwinkle

Comment

Vera-B,
                                My best to you and hubby. Congrats on 27 years!
                                Wanted to share a funny marriage joke in honor of your 27 years with your hubby...don't think you feel the same way as this wife! :-). Funny drinking joke too!

My wife and I were sitting at a table at my high school reunion, and I kept staring at a drunken lady swigging her drink as she sat alone at a nearby table.
                                My wife asked, " Do you know her?"
                                Yes, I sighed, "She's my old girlfriend. I understand she took to drinking right after we split up those many years ago, and I hear she hasn't been sober since."
                                "Oh my!" says my wife, "Who would think a person could go on celebrating that long?"
                                And that's how the fight started...
                                LOL Eve11

Comment

Working...
                                X