Feedback from Long-term Moderaters needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Sunbeam. Those are really encouraging words. Sounds just like how I want my plan to work, and it has for you. Falling into the binge drinking is obviously what to avoid, and with daily journaling and tracking, hopefully that can be managed. I'll let you know!
    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

j-vo;448858 wrote: DeeBee - was it a plan for you to moderate then go with abstinence? Just curious.
      J-vo, I arrived here with no definite plan when I started.
      I wanted to cut back (drastically) the amount of AL I drank daily and that was about it thb. It was only due to reading and posting daily that I began to formulate a plan. I also didn't think I needed to go AF for 30 days initially, I mean I wasn't drinking in the morning, I was fully functional at work - the days that I did make it in, I was leading a normal life - or so I thought.

After cutting back from nearly 2lts every night to one glass a night, I realised that my goals had changed. The other reason I didn't go AF initially is because in my excitement after reading the MWO book, I dashed out and bought the supps, made an appointment to see my GP and forgot to finish reading the book!!! Realised later on what an idiot I'd been as I had missed the chapter about how essential it is to do 30 days AF
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

It's a trial and error for us all, until we find what works. Thanks for sharing that. I can understand the medical reasons for going AF for a month - chemical imbalances and such. I think that's why I now don't crave anything. I just counted my days and today it's 69. I think when I start to mod, I need to look at my supplement cabinet - I have Kudzu. I think I have L-Glut. What else are the "anti-craving" supps you know of. At one point, I bought just about everything. I take All-one now and like it a lot.
        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Working...
        X