Clear All

Mod Squad Weekly Thread 27/10/08

Hi everyone! :h
    :l
    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

hi Looking to Grow
      Are you joining the Mod Squad? If so, welcome! Have to run, but wanted to tell you all I took my kudzu and thanks for your encouragement.
      Back later!
      Lila

Comment

It's j-vo again at the end of a tiring yet AF day.

Lila - you're still being productive and we'll go through those highs and lows. I had a low today but not with drink - with another issue I've had to deal with for a long time. My social anxiety has been pretty severe and does usually happen around this time of year. I usually am fine in most situations, but today was extremely hard -I get hives really bad and get paranoid because of it-doesn't even take drink to happen. Then I get down on myself-really down. But I didn't drink nor smoke-just chewed on Nicorette gum so hard that now my TMJ will be acting up!!!

Vlad- now I know where f-ventura is, where the hell are the Canary Isles!

Startingover - same for me - Seasonal Affective Disorder. Shit. I've got the most issues here! Mine seem to never end! Sorry for this sad email. Don't wanna bring anyone down.

Sunbeam-do you walk your dog or does your dog walk you? Good night all.
        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Hi everyone!

Looking to grow, I love your avatar! How sweet! Are you joining the squad? It's a good group.

Vlad, thank you for the balalaika picture. Looks like 3 strings. Is it a high toned instrument? I play guitar but still want to learn mandolin. My mind sees the balalaika more in the mandolin catagory. I could be way off, just don't know anything about it.

I think we could have quite a band and choir if the squad ever got together.
          :band2: :fitmonkey: :biglaughmonkey: :fitmonkey: :rockband: Seems like we all play or sing something (or both). What a mixture that would be!
          You decide which monkey you are LOL!

j-vo, I don't know much about social anxiety but I am concerned. Have you sought professional help for it? I'm sure ther are many options for that. Seems like especially if it's prevelant around this time of year and you have SAD too which is also this time of year that you might be helped by some good professional treatment to address all these things together. Keep us informed.

Gotta run for now. Hope every one is having a great day!

periwinkle
          Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Morning modders! Wasn't as cold as expected this morning (for me anyway), weather forcast predicted -2 last night but when I got to my car it was 3 so not so bad. And had no ice on the car like yesterday.

I made a decision that in the morning I have to drink milk thistle tea if I've drunk the night before. I really look forward to a coffee in the morning so I've made a rule that I can't have a coffee if I've had a drink. It's worked quite well, only just lately I've started compromising, for example - this morning I had a coffee (I drank last night) but took some tea to work to drink instead. That's not how it's supposed to work!!!

Mind you, I was actually glad I'd brought the tea to work, because we didn't have any milk when I got in to make a brew. Although, towards the end of the cup I noticed the bag had burst (only after a mouthful though!). Ughhhhhhhhh! I still drank it like a good recovering alcoholic though. Ugh! :yuk:

Hubby said the other day when I was drinking it, 'I don't know, you just like to drink things that taste disgusting, don't you...'
            Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Peri - thanks for your concern. Yes, I do see a therapist for that and my other dozen issues! And he's been great. I haven't been with him long, but I've really come to trust him and that he'll be helpful. At certain times of the year, it seems as though everything gets out of whack, if you will. I had two miscarriages at this time of year about 5 and 6 years ago and I don't know if it's the change in weather, that particular depression or what that may trigger my anxiety and depression. I do take meds for my depression and it's helped greatly.

Vlad - does playing the flute from grade 6 through high school count as being musical? I was actually really great and used to do solos, but when I picked it up years later, I couldn't get a blasted note out! Do any of you play in a band or just play as a hobby?

Have a great day.

j-vo
              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

hi Modders!
                Went to bed very late, and up early. My handyman - he is a friend too - was here late putting in an insinkerator. So here I am drinking coffee.
                So, j-vo, if you don't mind my asking - are you an introvert, or an extrovert? And what is social anxiety? I am pretty much a shy introvert, and have always wondered what it would be like to be a 'normal' person. Volunteering in the kids classroom, or going to lunch with a friend - in a way it is difficult, a part of me doesn't want to.
                Well, happy Tuesday everyone!
                Lila

Comment

Hi Squad!

I don't have a musical note in this body! Cant even tap my toes in time to the music :H! That's where I don't miss AL .... after a couple of glasses of juice in me I thought I could dance

Ooops must run, the school has just sms'ed to say all sport is cancelled, so off to pick up the daughter.

Catch you later:l
                  "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

j-vo;454018 wrote:
                    Vlad - does playing the flute from grade 6 through high school count as being musical? I was actually really great and used to do solos, but when I picked it up years later, I couldn't get a blasted note out! Do any of you play in a band or just play as a hobby?
                    Of course grade 6 flute counts as being musical.

I play balalaika and sing alto in a church music group.
                    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Hi There...Modderoonies,Everyone seems to be doing OK
                      Vladdie is the MWO musician....soon we need Christmas music so think ahead.I am leaving soon but I'll have you all in heart so I won't be alone in my fight.The Scared Earth conference has an open bar on Saturday night right after the top speaker is done.I want to speak to him personally so I need to stay for it.I'll take an antabuse with me just in case the cravings get bad...
                      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Just went for my lunchtime walk and saw 2 deer! They crossed the path right in front of me.

Comment

No Ways Vladster! I have never seen a deer, other than on TV but they look like such graceful creatures.

Well done on sticking with your lunch time walk.... I must get involved in some form of exercise:-0
                          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

When Deer cross your path they are usually there to say...stay alert.I love Ted Andrews book called Animals Speak.He talks about how animals are teachers and when one comes into our lives unexpectedly they are bringing a message.
                            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

that sounds fascinating EvieLou! I had an interesting experience the other day...do you ever think when someone says something to you, it is a Message, and that person isn't aware of it, sort of? I know this sounds sort of insane...

Comment

Whoo-hoo - it's snowing!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X