Mod Squad Weekly Thread 27/10/08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops sorry Vladster - don't know why I wrote it in my diary for yesterday... duh!
    So.... HAPPY ANNIVERSARY VLADSTER & MR VLAD!!
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

morning everyone
      I have nothing important or smart to say! except that I am happy about my new jeans. Alcohol makes you gain weight, right? I want this tum-tum and junk around my waist to melt a bit. I am excited!
      L-glut, the missing ingredient!!!
      Lila

Comment

Ahhhhhh... the bloats are starting to ease a bit.
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

j-vo;456136 wrote: I can't remember the last time I was carded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          The last time I was carded they were doing something stupid (a good way to tick off older folks) by doing an age reversal type thing. They carded you if you looked 45 or younger. Guess they thought it was a nicer way to do things for the young looking folks who don't look 21 but I think it can be way more offensive for the older folks. What if you were sitting with a 5 year older girlfriend and she looked under 45 and you didn't!!! Hurts much more than having a baby face.
          Anyway...my story... When I gave the waitress my card (happy that I looked younger than 45) she screamed and said "OMG...you're older than my mother!!
          LOL
          Eve
          "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Hi everyone! Dee Bee you are so thoughtful remembering everyone's news and issues. I'm doing great! I am thankful and genuinely in love with life today. I got thru the week AF even though I had some stressful things come up and REALLY wanted some Chard! But I took a deep breath-poured the sparking water and moved right thru it. The beast didn't win! Its the weekend and planning my AL consumption. Great to have limits, but keeping them can sometimes be a challenge. I do o.k. until I have that 2nd glass and then sometimes throw caution to the wind and forget my best intentions. Any tips? Thanks all- I am grateful to have you all. :l
            Toughen up!

Comment

Well done St John, you are styling!!

Tips?? Don't have the second glass if that's what sends you over the edge... don't have the first glass if you have any doubts.
              Is it your birthday this weekend?
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Yes- today!
                Toughen up!

Comment

About to go out. I won't screw up... I won't screw up... I won't screw up...
                  Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Hi all,
                    A drop dead beautiful fall day, with a fewTrick or Treaters coming in a couple of hours. I live in a village, but we don't get many kids at our door because there are no street lights.

I had the afternoon off, and have been out vacuuming up leaves. When hubby gets back from the grocery store, we will probably order take-out Italian food, and enjoy it with a bottle of wine. It is nice I am comfortable doing that again. This will be my total alcohol for the next week.

St John, I'm glad you had a successful week.

Take care, all. I HAVE to get back outside.
                    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Happy TGIF!

Deebster, you are the best. How in the world do you remember everyone and their news? I can barely remember to tie my shoes, and they're slip ons! Anyway, I totally get your "long term" craving. I think some of that comes from the fact that we modders "deny" ourselves a bit, like someone "denies" themselves extra food when they're trying to watch their weight. It lets our desire build up in a way. That is why I allow myself a couple of drinks on the weekend nights. I don't get myself into the position of feeling denied. It's just enough. You've done so well - hope tonight goes well.

Lila, you're doing so well. I think I've told you before that the cd's do help, and you can insert any message you want in the hypno cd. So, feed the trick or treaters and then retreat with the headphones on! St. John, one thing that works for me is to intentionally space out the drinks, even putting a wine goblet of water in between if necessary. My normal drinking time is 5PM-8PM. On a weekend night, when a couple of drinks are ok, I'll put off the start until closer to 6PM. Then, I'll sip to stretch it even more. By the time the 2nd is done, I'm usually close to 8PM. That's quittin' time. This doesn't work 100%, but most times it's helpful. The funny thing is, if I do go for a third (throwing the same caution you do to the wind!) I feel really guilty. That's hilarious given that I used to drink 3 glasses of wine AFTER sneak drinking 1/2 a bottle of vodka. Oh, how we change . . .

Happy weekend all -- Eve, Sun, Vlad, BH, Peri and all (where is Guitarista?) and our occasional AF guests!! :h

Vera-b

Comment

yes, I am doing much better, really, thanks Vera. Better than I even intended, thanks to this thread. Amazing, half a bottle to a few drinks. Honestly, I don't like denial either.
                        Back to the kids, off the internet
                        Happy Halloween everyone!!
                        Lila

Comment

Morning Squad!

well I am still sulking and taking it out on poor hubby lol! I had planned a romantic shin-dig last night seems as thought the daughter was sleeping out and hubby and I need some time together. I feel like we haven't connected in a long time, with him being overseas and both of us having to deal with icky lawyers since he's been back I thought it would be nice to get some US time.

Well it turned totally pear-shaped when my daughter and her friend had a tiff and she came home. I ended up sulking, much to my hubby's amusement - so I am grumpy with him too!! How unreasonable can I be!!??!!

Nothing planned for today. Maybe a trip to the shops (arghh) to re-stock the friday and a movie later.

Happy first of the month everyone.... hope this month is all that we wish it to be:-)

Comment

Have a lovely day squaddies!
                            And deebers, stop looking like you swallowed a wasp!!! LOL
                            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Harharhar Starts!!

Comment

Well I'm here and I'm not hungover today.

We had a very excellent Chinese meal out last night. Superb as always. We decided it would be best to just have wine with the meal and no other drinks. The waiter came over and asked if we wanted a litre or a 70cl bottle. Hubby said we'd have the litre!!! My face must have been a picture as he said, 'It'll be OK, we'll be eating lots of food.' Anyway it was fine, but I decided I must actually look like an alcoholic as the waiter asked me to taste the wine (they usually ask the man) and then at the end of the meal the waiter poured the remainder of the bottle into my glass filling it up (the glasses were very large). Why???

Comment

Working...
                                X