Mod Squad Weekly Thread 03/11/2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Starts, always good to see you this side of the boards.... supporting us modders!

Night all. Ill catch up with you in the am:-)
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

I am just jealous deebers. lol
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Evening,
        It's Friday night and I had a nice nap after work today! I love to nap.

Eve, it does seem redundant to have monthly moderation and long-term moderation. I don't think I"ve ever noticed or paid attention to that, although I know I'd rather believe I can be a long-term modder.

Peri - thanks for your input on the Kudzu. I never took topa or other meds. I'm already on a medication and I don't want to be on more than I need to be. Great work on your abstination!

Welcome Zed. Yes, the beginning is such a difficult and challenging undertaking, but you've already got one successful week under your belt. Keep it up and congrats on the weight loss as well.

Panadol - Excellent work on 5 days. I'm jealous of you with summer coming! I fall into a depression around this time of year because of less sunshine and not being outside because of the cold. Although I haven't fallen into it yet and it usually comes around the end of Oct. I'm going to believe that it's not going to come this year! My husband and I both noticed the change in my face after I went AF. My face was not as puffy. So I know what you mean, and I'm glad for you.

The rest of the modders - take care and you're in my daily prayers.
        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Hi all,
          Eve, Vlad took a poll, and the consensus was to post our thread here rather than under monthly. My biggest reason was that new posts on monthly are not visible on the main menu because of the popular word association thread. I also could never make sense of the concept of short term moderation. There are other reasons, but the votes for long term won.

Zed, welcome! This is a smaller group, and our diverse locations continue to amaze me. Wow, Beijing! Thanks for your kudos on my moderation. I went AF last winter, then started to moderate in April. From April through August I was way ahead of where I was in January, but still felt I was struggling to keep my intake where I wanted it. Moderation became much easier for me once I decided to limit alcohol intake to no more than one day per week. I just want to be a social drinker. For me that will mean mostly having wine with dinner, less than once per week. My husband drinks moderately daily, and I have a few friends with whom I like to share wine. My abusive drinking was always alone, so I'm done with that.

Deebs, welcome home!

Pan, J& j-vo, glad you are doing well.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi everyone
            Welcome, Zed. Beijing?? Do you mind me asking your nationality? I have never been to China myself.
            J-vo, do you get SAD? I really do! So dramatically too! I have a sunlamp and I take high quality SJW. Thank you so much if I am in your prayers. I mean that!
            Starts - visit more often!
            Eve - don't even think of leaving us for the Monthly Modders!!
            Panadol - I am glad to hear good news from you. It is good to have you back.
            Sunbeam and Deebs, hi! You sound like you are doing so well.
            I am not so sure about myself. But I am so glad you all are here. I have my schoolwork to get to, I had a glass of wine already, and as I have said, am not doing all the program. When I am a bit more grounded, I will do more. Maybe even tonight I can listen to the cds. I looked at some notes I wrote on the inside of the book, and well, I used to drink a lot more. The thread about modding helped put things into perspective, and I really appreciated all the sharing. The kids are at their dad's tonight, so here I am!

Lila

Comment

I mean, I am not doing all the book says to do. That is true. I am a little afraid to take Topa, but maybe I can start the CDs again, and that will be enough. Or I will take Topa. I don't know.

Comment

Good morning, Lila and everyone,

Lila, the book sure has a lot of ideas for getting alcohol under control. RJ does recommend a specific plan, but we human beings love to make our own decisions and choices. Personally, I was already 6 days AF when I found this site, so I didn't see a need to use all the supplements and meds. I think it may be a minority of people on this site that actually follow RJ's plan. We each find our own way out. The meds are helpful to many, but maybe you want to add one piece at a time, instead of doing everything at once. That is what you are considering doing with the CD's, and that sounds like a logical choice.
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

thanks Sunbeam! I remember when I found this site, I was actually searching the internet for hypno cds to stop drinking. How did everyone here find this site? Just curious.

Comment

Hey modders,
                    Does this happen to anyone - you finish typing, then click the "post quick reply" then it says you're not logged in and to log-in and refresh the page or something - then I lose everything I typed!!! Frustrating and it just happened. So here goes again.

Tonight is my hubby and my first night out with other adults in months. I'm very excited for this evening. We're going to a Monte Carlo night with gambling and alcohol! Oh gosh. A little nervous, but we've already established the designated driver, and that would be me! Of course in the past, I've promised hubby I would drive, and it never happened. Here's my chance! I'll of course, take L-glut and kudzu before the festivities.

Last night was a nice family Friday night. We played cards, watched some TV and just hung out. Prior to the new me, that would have never happened. I would have been in bed after drinking quickly for 2 hours. I'm so happy that I'm getting this quality time with my loved ones.

Sunbeam - abusive drinking mostly happened alone at home too. Although I've abused elsewhere!

Lila - yes I have SAD. I've got a special lamp too! I call it my happy light. I don't know if it works, but I use it anyhow. You sound confused about what to do. I think it was Sunbeam with the wise words that you've got to find your way out? We all need to do what works for us and you'll figure that out by reading the helpful posts. Keep reading!

Have a happy day everyone.
                    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Hey there MODDERS, Life is good here....and I hope the same for you all !!!!!!!!
                      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

hi EvieLou and J vo
                        J vo why don't you just stay logged on? Every time I go to this site, I don't have to log on, I am already in.That is great that you have more family time. It is important. Hey Evie Lou how was your trip?
                        Lila

Comment

Trip was OUT OF THIS WORLD....WONDERFUL to be back...I missed you all
                          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Evielou,
                            My heart warms every time I read a post from you, on this thread or elsewhere on this site.

j-vo, do you actually log off, or does it happen automatically? Like Lila, I don't ever log off, but I think your computer has to accept a cookie. That's the extent of my techie knowledge, so don't expect answers to any questions!

Comment

Hello to all Modders ---- I've not come to this forum before because I've never been able to go long term modding. But seeing what works for me and what doesn't, I think I've hit on something that will help me. I'd try and go AF and count the days, but when I'd decide to have a couple of glasses of wine with dinner out, I'd feel like ... well you've blown it anyway and have to start counting over, so I'd continue drinking all I wanted that night. However, as I posted in Short-term mod ... last night was different ... and I've had a few nights like this in the past few weeks. Instead of coming home after dinner and 2 glasses of wine and opening a bottle, I decided not to and made myself a cup of tea instead. I knew I'd feel better this morning for it and I do ... I feel great. My head is clear and I'm so pleased that I moderated.
                              So, I'm going to count days in a AF/Mod combination, so I don't have to continually start at day 1 just because I enjoyed a couple of glasses of wine. That is my goal ... to be able to enjoy some wine now and again ... instead of 1 - 2 bottles a night as in the past.

Sunshine saw my post and suggested I join the Mod Squad ... so I will be checking in here...... I was trying to do ODAT, but the goal there seems to be AF only. So, I kept feeling like I was failing.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Comment

Hiya Modders,

I know I am not one but I do enjoy this thread.
                                Can I just say something New Day? I dont think anyone who thinks about their drinking and ways to improve it is failing at all. It sounds like you are doing great!
                                Just my 2pence worth guys....

Have a lovely day all

Starts xxx
                                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Working...
                                X