Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad Weekly Thread 10th Nov

Re enneagrams

DeeBee;467155 wrote: I just took the test to see what type I was on the enneagram - a Type 2. Ouch there is some stuff there that really hit the nail on the head!
    DeeBee,
    This enneagram stuff all sounds very interesting. How do you take the test? Where did you find it?
    Thanks.
    p.s. Learned (somewhat) how to blog. Am supposed to have 2 separate blogs but they're together as one.
    Click on blog on right upper hand corner to read.
    Hugs,:l
    Eve11
    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

omg - I just read in Yahoo News that there is a huge brown cloud covering lots of cities in Asia, including Beijing - reducing sunlight by 25%. It is a pollution thing, of course. That is what Zed has been talking about! Yikes!
      Peri, that is great, the AF stuff! Eve, I don't know where Deebs got the test - I have some books on it. For me it was helpful, anyways. It shows your degrees of integration and disintegration. It is good that the way I am is my personality type. If that makes sense.
      So Zed and Deebs, you are Twos! Interesting. I am supposed to go toward Type 1 to reach integration. Not be all lost in feelings. I would love to know what all you Modders are!
      But I am lost in my new Periwinkle living room walls! I just finished painting and they look dreamy, yet cloudy and deep as well. Moody. I love it!
      and now back to homework, but first a few L Gluts.
      Lila

Comment

Checking In

Hi all:

I love the enneagram: would love to see the test. When I read the book I thought I was one of everything. Very surprised to find out I was a one. As in all 9 types, there is to good side and and not so good side to each type. Ones are changemakers, fixers of the world , always see something that could be better. On the flip side, nothing is ever quite perfect, (including self and others), seeking perfection is exhausting, and one's don't do a very good job of "playing" or enjoying life.

In response (moons ago) to Peri's question about what parts of the program we use:

I started with the whole kahuna: AllOne, supps Topo, tapes, exercise. Did the full program for a solid two months. I still exercise several times/week and take topo. Never really got into the LGlut too much but still keep it around and use it occaisionally. Listen to tapes a couple of times/month (I learned to love them, and they guarantee a good night's sleep . . . I attribute a LOT of my success to the subliminal messages in the tapes.)

Things are going so-so this week. Some weeks I struggle more with the limits than others . . . this week is one: I've had all 3 mods days already and it's only Thursday, w/ Fri/Sat yet to go . . . oh well AF tonight and I will do my best to stay AF for the next two days too. Some weeks are harder and you just have to hang in there - can't explain why. Most weeks it is easy. But when you add it all up, it's worth it.

Best to all of you.

Ask

Comment

Hi all,
          Deebs, maybe you have been living with your cervical cancer for awhile, but it made me gasp. Even though the world is filled with survivors, it is a scary thought. Your positive outlook on life surely makes a big difference. You are in my (Presbyterian) prayers.

J-vo, I just can't imagine reading all those books on people who have gone through alcoholism recovery. Usually I just like to read a wide variety of literature. But then I just bought probably 10 Studs Terkel books.

My gratitude for today is my health. I still would like to drop 20#, and I wish I didn't have so many bone/joint problems. But the alcohol could have made it a lot worse.

Zed, I know what you mean when you talk about a bad drinking day. I used to refer to it as my DRINK light. When it was on, not much could put it out. Others here talk about just doing something else until the urge to drink passes, but I could never find the OFF switch for that stupid light. It has not come on now since early September.

Peri, an article in this morning's paper said that migraine sufferers have significantly lower rates of breast cancer. I also get migraines occasionally. My sister had breast cancer, so that puts me at higher risk, but at least the migraine factor is in my favor.

Lila, I haven't looked up the enneagram info. I assume I can find it through Google.

Eve, I read your blog. Touching. It sounds like you are doing some thinking regarding your relationship with Big AL using you AF brain.

Vera, I also don't wear my faith on my sleeve, but there probably are not many faithless folk singing in church choirs. Maybe a few. Thanks for sharing your faith.

AskForHelp, nice to see you here. We joined MWO in the same month. I never connected much with modders until this group started. You said something about that in another post. But that Long Term Moderation contest probably didn't win me any popularity contests.

Take care, all. I'm off to read for awhile. Currently I'm reading Walter Cronkites' autobiography.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Happy Thursday squaddies,

Oh, Deebers, am so sorry to hear about your cancer. I find it very interesting that there's not much you can do medically - only to keep yourself in good general health. But that positive attitude of yours is probably far more valuable than all the medicine in the world. You are truly tapping into the positive energy in the universe. I can feel it all the way here in Massachusetts. And Lila, I think it's great that you are taking the time to reflect given all the general turmoil you've lived with the last few months. It will only help. And Zed (aka BB), the picture you paint of that first ray of sun was breathtaking. Made me want to take a trip, though I'm beat tonight - end of the week syndrome - no trip tonight! Wow, Peri. Two boys. You probably don't look a day over 40! Eve and Ask and Start and New Day, Sun, Pan, Vlad, and everyone else my brain cannot remember, have a great weekend. I'm planning to take it easy Fri. night as we have big plans for Sat. The good news for Sat. is we'll be out, and with the cost of drinks in Boston won't be having much! Will check in with you tomorrow.

Vera-b

Comment

Hello friends,

Cant chat for long as I am off to the hospital to see my good friend who gave birth (all 15 minutes of it lol) to a beautiful baby girl. I am super excited, i have been buying everything PINK that I can lay my hands on.

There is so much to catch up on, so I'll *see* you all later when I can pay attention.

TGIF!!.
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Holy Moly!! I didn't make it to the hospital, I just got caught in the mother of all hail storms, driving gale force winds and heavy rain... so I turned back. 30 minutes later and the sun is shining!
                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Peri, are you taking 5-HTP with the rest of your supps? I tell you why, when I first started taking it I did a bit of research into in and I believe it is helpful to those with migranes. My Mum and sister suffer terrribly from migranes and since they have been on 5-HTP they haven't had an episode (touch wood).
                  I can't believe you mentioned Jimmy Buffet, hubby used to listen to him all the time when he was a kid and him and his family sailed from here to the carribean.
                  Thanks for the positive thoughts and prayers. The waiting between tests is nerve wracking but I figure you can't change it so go with it.

Ask, it's great to hear from you. Some weeks are definetly harder than others -- last week was a killer for me. I figure as long as I am conscious of the fact that I have not achieved my modding goals and don't kid myself that "hey, it's okay" then I am on the right track. As long as we keep moving forwards I reakon we are doing okay.

Vera, I am on and off medication. What I didn't know is that cervical cancer is actually a virus. So the medication (horrid stuff) is essentially to kill the virus and then wait (tap, tap, tap) for the next set of tests to see if it works. If not, then onto another type of medication and the same process is repeated all over again. I had to laught though (BB block your ears), my last trip to the Doc and hubby was sitting in the waiting room for me, when I came out I gave him a script for mootie for him.... he looked very perturbed LOL. The virus can be passed backwards and forwards between the two of us so poor hubs also had to take it for awhile. The plus side is the medication has very similar side effects to Antabuse so it's not even an option to touch AL.

BB, me and you both Type 2's huh. Oh dear, that seems to be asking for trouble doesn't it. The negative side of Type 2's really unsettles me. When I first read it I thought "what a load of hog-wash" but on second and third reading I am starting to nod my head.
                  You are such a talented writer - I could just picture that sun rise. How are you doing today??

Thank you for your thoughts Sun. I just loved your light analogy. I might steel it if I may, the next time I have a craving. I have to ask you, who is Walter Cronkites?

Eve, here is the link that I used to check my Enneagram Enneagram Institute: Enneagram Testing & Training. I'm off to check out your blog now.

Hi to anyone I've forgotten. Friday brain and all he he!

Comment

hi all
                    Deebs I love little newborn babies -how fun! I bet you make it out there as I am typing. But personally I am DONE having them myself!!
                    Last night I had a beer, but I didn't want one. And forget having a second one. One was difficult enough to drink thanks to the supplements. Then I went foraging thru the kitchen stuffing myself with crackers. WHY??? I want to lose about 5 pounds, not gain! I could have just as easily had NO beer. The cds should help, and I think some herb tea as a comforting nighttime drink.
                    I looked up my tracking number on UPS and my supplements and SJW are on the truck to be delivered, thank goodness.
                    I want to know what everyone's Enneagram is!!!! And I will take that test just for fun too! See, for me, going to 2 is a sign of disintegration; I am supposed to go toward Type 1.
                    BB Zed, don't breathe that air too deeply when you go outside. Sounds scary! Hope you are ok.
                    Ah, Friday! My house is coming along wonderfully, I will do more settling in this weekend, I just really love this house! Hope everyone is doing well. Hey, check out someone;s thread - Roberta has a list of her books she recommends, kind of interesting. It is in the general section. Jvo, you probably own them already!
                    take care modders!
                    Lila

Comment

you have to BUY the test???? for that money you can almost buy a book! Oh well - I know I am a 4, also known as the Artist, or Tragic Romantic.

Comment

DeeBee,
                        My prayers are with you. Wanted to share a site with you called Cancer Can't Introduction
                        You will find valuable info there.

Also, wanted to share this beautiful poem with you. You can copy it from the site (prettier there) to frame.

It's a positive poem like you are!

What Cancer Cannot Do

Cancer is so limited ...
                        It cannot cripple love,
                        It cannot shatter hope,
                        It cannot corrode faith,
                        It cannot eat away at peace,
                        It cannot destroy confidence,
                        It cannot kill friendship,
                        It cannot shut out memories,
                        It cannot invade the soul,
                        it cannot reduce eternal life,
                        It cannot quench the spirit,
                        It cannot lessen the power
                        of the resurrection.

Anonymous

p.s. Everyone from this board definitely agrees about the line "It cannot kill friendship!".
                        Hugs and prayers to you!
                        Eve11
                        "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Eve, what a beautiful poem - thank you thank you THANK YOU! I will check out the website tomorrow when I have some time to myself to peruse.

Lila, i hope your supps arrive soon - before the weekend. Have you given any thought as to WHY? you had that one beer even if you didn't want or enjoy it? Old reflex habit maybe?
                          I'm quite upset that I didn't get to see baby this afternoon. Just as well I stayed at home they are classing that storm as a TORNADO... WTF, we don't get tornado's here! The damage is quite extensive tho, lots of houses with no roofs and roof tiles all over the place. Electricity is down in many places and many rivers have burst their banks. So I'll be staying put for now.

Hope everyone is having a great Friday;-)

Comment

Lila, they have a short test that is for free - that's the one I did.

Comment

yes, now I see it. I was a Four, but I also got a bunch for 9. I will look that up. Yes, why did I have a beer? Thanks for asking. Because - I am going to be honest here - it is a lovely end of the day - start with coffee, end with alcohol. Lovely symnetry. Okay, now I need another lovely, romantic way to end the day. Well, I didn't really mean romantic! Maybe I meant ritualistic. What to put in its place? Then I couldn't do any more reading that I had to do for school, because I got tired.
                              Still, I feel like I am on the cusp here; the razor edge of a new start.
                              Are you enjoying the storm over there? I love a good storm, as long as I can stay home.
                              Lila

Comment

vera-b;467652 wrote: Wow, Peri. Two boys. You probably don't look a day over 40!
                                Well except for the one little age spot, and the 5... 7, 8...11, 12...15...18 gray hairs, a little extra weight, a few tiny wrinkles around the eyes... you are right Vera, I look fabulous!

We got our first snow of the season this morning! Not much, just a light little dusting. I think I heard it's the latest on record for the plains here (mountains have already gotten lots of snow). It looks so clean and pretty! And my migraine is gone! Yes! My head was tellin me it would snow. That happens, like someone with an old knee injury or something. Sometimes I get migraines with these weather systems. They're the ones that no meds will help. DeeBee I haven't tried 5-HTP, it also is on the list for "may cause interaction" with my anti-depressant. So I'll see how the topa does over time before givin up my anti-dep. It took us a long time to get that one right so don't want to mess with it. I also find it fascinating how other parts of the world have different cliches from ours either completely different or with minor differences. DeeBee's "touch wood" here in the states would have been "knock on wood". It made me smile when I read that.

Zed, I was talking to one of the instructors at my yoga studio. She mentioned that she was teaching a class on mantras in the next few weeks. I mentioned the om descriptions from you, a friend. I e-mailed it to her and she replied saying that she was going to incorporate part of it in her class. She also invited me to attend her class! Pretty cool, huh! You've gone international in your teaching! I told her to reference you as boxer-boy zed! :H (kidding)

So, it is Friday! I have a few little things to catch up on this morning. Then I am done for the day. What to do with the rest of the day? Options: clean my office; catch up on business paper work; get a head start on next weeks work; do some house work to free up some weekend time? Eeeehhhhh..... None of the above! And the winner is: peri time! Maybe some shopping, maybe some light reading, just hang out, just do nothing. I can do whatever I want. I got to my computer this morning and noticed that I am wearing a periwinkle sweater and my om necklace today. So I must have been on some level thinking about me time.

I hope that all of you have a wonderful day and a fantastic weekend.

periwinkle
                                Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X