Mod Squad Weekly Thread 17th Nov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gyco, I had such a giggle to myself when I read the little train bit.... i think I can I think I can, I know I can I know I can... I do that everyday to get meself out of bed at 5am lol.

Sun, I had such fun reading about your snowshoes... I just can't imagine it. We only have snow in South Africa once in a blue moon and then it's really just sludge for one day. I would love to travel the world a bit and experience real snow.... one day!

J-Vo, I just wet myself reading your gratitude list for today -- well put! How are you?

Vera, exactly what date do you celebrate Thanksgiving? We don't recognise/honour it here and I don't know why? I do love the idea of a celebrating all that we are thank full and gratefull for in our lives so I might start my own Thanksgiving tradition with hubby and daughter this year. We have so much to be grateful for and it's way too easy to take it for granted.

Zed, your Xmas plans sound just perfect to me -- do you think I could sqeeze into your suitcase. I often speak of ME time which in all fairness I do get a fair amount of but I am feeling restless and unsettled at the moment. I am craving solitute and quiteness but can't seem to find it in me.

Boss, it's great to see you posting here. I have always appreciated your posts especially in the research section. We have a great team here and I feel that everyone contributes something special to my life -- I'm looking forward to getting to know you better.

Eve, you really are having a tough time with double posting -- try PMing RJ or the help desk and they are sure to look into it for you.
    Wow, you are one special lady for adopting. I have always had the utmost respect for anyone who takes on someone else's child. My neice (this is a complicated one to explain) was adopted by her Mom's husband when they got married and alto she knows who her real father is (my BIL) she is not interested in developing a relationship with him. Her adoptive father has been the most wonderful father she could ever have asked for.

Right, I must run and fetch the daughter from school, so sorry to anyone I have forgotten -- I'll be back later.

Today I am grateful that I have a beautiful daughter to cherish and love!
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

good morning everyone
      Eve, my goodness! Good for you for adopting someone who needed a home, I really admire that. Kids are a huge stress, aren't they? How old is he? And is the brother - how do I ask this - your natural born child? I know, those hypnosis cds! My kids are always taking my CD player out of my room for their own use, so I have to get all motivated to set it back up.
      Hi Vera, maybe I will read that. I have always hated running, by the way.
      Peri - that stuff has happened to me. I love it when I am living in the world of the symbolic or messages all around. Hope I don't sound crazy. But things like that really have happened to me. Maybe it always does, or only when paying attention? It seems during more intense or key times in my life I get these messages, conveyed thru the mundane. Talk more about that. It is nice for me to be reminded.
      Hi Zed. You sound strong! Do you have family in India, or is it solely for the retreat? Wherever you go, hope it is warm!
      Jvo, know what you mean! Takes getting used to, not to run for cover!
      Deebs, how are things going on the home front? Is daughter being good?
      Lila

Comment

Ah Lila, when are teenagers ever GOOD lol.
        Seriously we had a bit of a chat yesterday and it nearly broke my heart when she told me in a grown up kinda way that our relationship is not the same as it used to be -- I really had to bite my tounge so as not to tell her that it was due to her bad behaviour that I was permanently pissed with her and instead I have consiously started working on our relationship again.
        I have to learn not to hold a grudge -- not healthy for anyone.

How you doing Lila (aka Lilac)?
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

I don't really worry about the Christmas period and drinking - I go to the midnight service Christmas Eve and don't drink that day at all. Christmas Day I will be driving 100 miles to my brother's, the family will be there and they are all very moderate drinkers so I don't feel any pressure. Also will be driving another 100 miles Boxing Day down to hubby's mum's so don't want to over do it anyway!!! The day after I will be driving back. The church has a midnight service for New Year's Eve too, I used to go but the last 2 years I got drunk instead - maybe this is the year to make a change.
          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

46 drinks so far this month. Naughty Vlad. And we're only on the 18th November.
            Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Deebs
              I am luckily not in your shoes for another few years. But know that you are, and will always be the most important woman in her life. This will pass.
              My daughter is so confident, so together, and she was doing a performance, I looked away for a few minutes, distracted, and she cried for TWO HOURS (maybe not that long I can't remember seemed like it) quietly in the car. Wouldn't come out. I felt very bad, but sort of very happy that I mattered so much to someone.
              I apologized and it is long forgotten, I hope!
              Lila

Comment

Boss.man;471191 wrote: Peri I love it all. I love most that you've re-engaged with your work to find houses entertaining.

I've found after being AF that I re-enjoy simple things at work that bored me in my AL days. What's with that?
                This is me too! I was bored with EVERYTHING when I was drinking...even drinking!

Everyone sounds so good here just now, its great!
                Must say I have been feeling better since I have been working on my attitude. Must keep it up and continue to think positvely, it really does make all the difference.

Have a superb day squaddies.
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Computer question for help needed

DeeBee;471290 wrote:
                  Eve, you really are having a tough time with double posting -- try PMing RJ or the help desk and they are sure to look into it for you.
                  DeeBee and gang,
                  Am I the only one having trouble editing? When I hit edit the little circle to the left goes around and around and doesn't allow me to edit. Strange because I wasn't having any problems in the past. RJ isn't having anyone else complain of this. Can you guys check and see what happens when you hit edit. I can't stand not being able to edit! Other than that things are good. AF for now and feeling great.
                  Eve11
                  "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

my editing works fine -

Comment

hi Starts! I am glad to hear you are doing good, yes, I like to cast things in a positive light

Comment

Hi Lila, it really does work thinking positively. Sometimes I find it so difficult though. But I have been using the tips from O2M in the Toolbox this week and they REALLY help.
                        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Not much time to post, because I have a 3-hour rehearsal with my choral group tonight. Performance is Sunday.

Eve, I have no trouble editing my posts. I edit nearly every one. My posts are at least medium in length, and I just can't catch the typos on the small screen.

Peri, I described my drinking as eating away at the edges of my life. I managed to get the middle stuff done, but no time or energy for the little things. This would include noticing those little details. Even though I was always sober at work, I can now do a MUCH better job, attending to far more details.

We got 3-4" of snow today, so I took out those snow shoes and went on a half-hour walk through the fields. Lots of deer, which are beautiful as long as they are not destroying my landscaping.

My gratitude for today is my home. I love it. It is not too big, not too small. Fireplace has a gas insert, so I set that separate thermostat as warm as I like without wasting heat in the whole house. My comfy chair has an elevated footrest which puts my feet right in front of the fire. Used to drink a lot of wine there, now it is sparkling water or tea. Best part is that our home is paid for. No mortgage, no more.

Take care, all.
                          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Sunbeam
                            That is SO my goal. Very wise. Owning your home outright.
                            Lila

Comment

Need a computer geek-pls p.m. me if you can help

[QUOTE=Sunbeam;472044
                              Eve, I have no trouble editing my posts. I edit nearly every one. My posts are at least medium in length, and I just can't catch the typos on the small screen.
                              Thanks gals for replying. Got the feeling from RJ or webmaster (whoever responded) that this wasn't happening to anyone else. If there's a computer geek out there who has a clue-please p.m. me. I've logged off, shut off my computer and restarted it...don't know what else to do. I correct my typos and sometimes change my mind with what I want to say so I've always loved the edit feature. Now however (last couple of days) when I hit edit the little circle to the left just twirls in circles and doesn't open up the page so I can edit. Don't know how it could be my computer??? but I don't know computers well enough...could it be?
                              Just looking for advice if anyone can help.

Anyway, I'm grateful for this site ... flaws and all!
                              Eve11
                              "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Evening everyone,

Hope everyone's day went well. I'm having a difficult time at work these past few days. Guess you can say, I lost my patience with several of my students in the cafeteria today. They deserved to be consequenced for their bad behaviors, making a mess of the floor, throwing food, and I just got to the end of my rope. I wrote up several kids, went to my principal and lost it on her because I was so upset. I've been doing so well with this kind of thing, and I feel like I snapped in situation where I might have held it together before. Cried some after school. Took a nap. Did not drink, but it scares me that while I was in this rage this afternoon, I thought, F it. I'm getting a bottle of wine. And a pack of smokes!!!!! Didn't do either. Came home, ate three cookies, and got into my warm bed and slept an hour. I still am down on myself, but sober. Sorry for being so damn depressing. I apologize. We're suppose to be upbeat around here and I'm blowing it in every way.

On the other hand, Lila and Starting, I've got a lightbox - I call it my happy light. I do all my reading while sitting under it. Don't know if it helps my SAD, but I use it anyhow.

Peri - interesting thoughts you had. I want to mention I bought my mom and dad a personalized puzzle for Christmas. It's the front page of the New York Times the day they were born. I can't wait to give it to them. They love puzzles, especially now they're retired and living in Florida.

Zed - way to go, man. Off the sauce! Keep it up. And wow. Your trip sounds pretty intense. I think I'd love to go with you. I need to calm my inner self down somehow.

Eve - Oh, the challenges of children. Just remember. God gives us the strength to handle all of our challenges. Oh, maybe I should listen to my own advice! Duh!

Deebs- You asked me how I was and I gave you an earful. Sorry again! And remember, teenagers actually turn into the normal adults that we all are. Oh shit!

Sunbeam. Good luck on your Sunday performance! And speaking of homes. I love my house and the coziness of it. When we first moved in, I was non-stop with decorating. As the sauce overtook me, I didn't care about how it looked, and I lost interest in something I loved to do. Now the past several months, I've made changes, bought a few new items, rearranged, and it feels and look great. I'll be painting the walls of my family room in the spring - yes! I'm doing it myself. Lila - any tips?

Have a good night all. I promise not to be so depressing tomorrow.
                                Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Working...
                                X