Mod Squad Weekly Thread December 1st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ducky dear, there is a lot of space in the Mod Squad. We like to read about each other eccentricities and we are proud of our own (as you can see! read some of my old posts if you still have any doubts). So please, no PMs, unless it's totally personal. Post here all you want. Your Deutsch cookie recipe, while I cannot say I'm going to try it myself, is great, and I'm sure a lot of the Mod Squad is happy to have it for reference just in case they have German friends visiting. The Germans I tell you. What a wonderful, strange lot there are. I have a soft spot for them, as I have spent some time in Germany, and my partner lives there...

Folks, it's been a terribly long and beautiful day. So much going on the last few days here with me. Wonderful. I feel so much stronger, clearer... happier. So much more at peace.

So, Peri.. a dog. Ok. A domestic dog with a good family to take care of you. And JAMMS.. a bird. What type of bird? I high-flying bird. Ok. Like an eagle, you mean?

Interesting. Anyone else? I'd like to get each of your wishes/ opinions on next life incarnations. And then I'll be happy to make my predictions. It's a lot easier if I meet someone, and get to have a look at their hands. But I can try.

We are in the age of Kal Yug. By the way. Kali is the Goddess of Destruction in Indian mythology. So Kal Yug (yug means age or epoch or era) is her age. It's the age of destruction. This lasts for a few years or possibly a few million years. But once it's over, the good news is that we move into a new cycle of the universe, which is a different Yug - a very incredibly positive one. One that is about Birth and Life I would imagine. I don't know, I have to read up a bit more on this. Until then, no body panic.

So tomorrow at 3pm Beijing time (2am NY time), I am off to Singapore. I get back here on Monday morning. Straight to work. Luckily I live right next to my office. So it's convenient to come home.

I'll be off the boards for the weekend. All well.

Take care all you lovely people and I will see you next week once I'm back and catch up with your posts...

You guys are all GREAT.

have fun, but not too much fun, without me.

Vera, I think I am in love with you... You are just so gentle and beautifully lovely. Thank you for entering my life, and thank you all for this, in fact.

Zed

Comment

Well I hope the age of destruction is shorter than a million years Zed! Have a safe trip to Singapore.

Comment

me too! hurry back Zed baby!

Comment

Zed- Ido not think I'm worthy be an eagle in this life or the next but, I would love to.

Thanks DeeBee I will look into the units. I feel like crap today, went overboard last night. DAMN!!! Going to adjust DT.
          :teeter:JAMMS

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

"no pain..inside...you're my protection...how do I feel this good SOBER?!"

Comment

Hi Modders...Just checking in to say hello. I feel better today. It's amazing how a few AF days seem to really help my mood.

Lila, my doctor didn't give much of an explanation, really, just poo-pooed the idea of supplements and/or herbal remedies. He said, "at best, you're wasting your money...At worst, it can be harmful to take mega doses of many vitamins". I believe he said he thought it was risky to take amino acids, too...something about how if you take more of one type, it throws off the body's absorption of others. Obviously I'm very vague on all this, and really don't know a thing. I just bought a can of "All One", and also some Tryptophan, so clearly I'm not listening to my doctor. I take Prozac, and I know there is some danger of Serotonin Syndrome from too much Serotonin. So I'm going to take a low dose of Tryptophan and see how I feel. Honestly, I don't know where to get the best advice. I went to see a psychiatrist once who specialized in alternative medicine, and he recommended 5HTP along with my Prozac, but I didn't find it helped. Hence the Tryptophan trial. I'd like to know more...Actually, I think I'll check out the holistic health info. here at MWO.

In reality, I know the best thing for my moods is to keep my drinking to a real minimum. Three or four drinks leaves me depressed for two days!

My husband has postponed his trip to Singapore until Saturday. I have family visiting this weekend, to celebrate my middle son's 7th birthday. Makes me a little tense just anticipating their (well, mom's) arrival. I must not use it as an excuse to drink to excess!

Zed, have a safe trip. Everyone else, take care. G.B.
            "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Good day,

I'm doing a bet better today. I postponed all my outside work as it is 20* today, and windy and snowing. :snowflake: I'm starting to feel better and don't want it getting worse again.

GB the whipped cream and :strawberry: strawberry :strawberry: party sounds like a blast! What fun to be a kid! I think the point of the AllOne is to help maintain our health. The advantage it has over a good multi-vitamin is the amino acids which AL robs our bodies of. I don?t believe there is any promise of it helping with AL cravings. The kudzu on the other hand gave me amazing immediate results for my AL cravings. Others swear by the L-glutamine, but I didn?t have as good results with that. Now that I write that, L-glutamine is an amino acid which I am sure is in the AllOne, so there you go, there may be some benefit if that works for you. One of the major benefits I?ve noticed (from AllOne) is that my hair and fingernails are not as brittle as they were. So, I just read your next post? I am very surprised that the 5-HTP would be prescribed with Prozac. I?m curious, how long ago was that? I take Celexa, which is an antidepressant. 5-HTP and many other herbal supps recommended on this site are considered contradictory to this and other ADs. If you go to the Health Store on the MWO site, and click on any of the products you can get to the following link: Check Interactions - DrugDigest where you can check drugs and/or supplements against each other for potential interactions.

Jamms, yes I have ?talked? with you on other threads. Wow, I have a fan? :blushing: I made direct eye contact with a bald eagle one day as I was driving home. They nest at the lake I live near and this eagle was sitting in a tree branch that reaches out into the street. I saw him/her and stopped to have a look. The eagle was just as curious as I was and looked right back at me. There we were looking at each other through the windshield of my car. What a majestic and regal bird. I just soaked up his beauty for a moment and then went about my day. I wondered throughout the day and often since then what he thought of me? And who is to say what you are worthy of in this or your next life? Why do you think you couldn?t you be an eagle? Don't sell yourself short.

DeeBee, I am sending good vibes your way to win more good prizes at your party.

Vera, I love your words of wisdom! You should have been paid thousand for your study on how to make Vlad feel better? heat! Brilliant my dear! I love it! You are a bit like Dr Phil and my guess is you make much less than him.

Ducky, no problem taking up space. I was hoping you would share. Maybe you should post it in the recipe section of the forum?

St John, I love opera and theatre! I don't get the chance to go often but soak it up when I do.

Yes, zed, I have a lot of German heritage in me (should explain a lot, huh?). My dad is of German ancestry although his parents were both born in the States, their parents were both from Germany so a lot of it carried through. Mom?s side is a lovely mix of French and Irish. There? you figure me out? ha.

I often look at domestic dogs in good homes and think of how great their lives are. They sleep, eat, play, make their people laugh, learn tricks, make their people happy. I would be happy to learn every trick my people wanted me to learn, make them very proud of me, make them laugh at everything I did. I think that I just worked so hard as the single mom for so many years I feel deserving of that kind of life next time around. Wow, does that sound like that type 2 ennegram description or what!

Zed, I will miss you! Have a safe and productive journey. :h

Love you all,
              periwinkle :hug:
              Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Oh Zed, darling, don't go . . . ok, go ahead, just come back all safe and happy. Peri, that is an amazing story about your stare down with the eagle. I'm sure the eagle thought you were fascinating. He's (she's?) probably not used to eye contact with others, especially since most of their prey is usually busy scurrying along trying to avoid being lunch. I'm not exactly sure what I'd like to come back as - I'm still learning so much in this life that I haven't quite wrapped my head around the next one.

Oh Miss Deebs, you are still the life of this party. I hope you take the grand prize! And Ducky, do you cook with Martha Stewart frequently? Just tell me when the LTMod party will be at your house and I'll be there in a flash. Just give me a few day's notice so I can ramp up my exercise - will need to get in shape for the tasting - your recipe looks heavenly.

Going to see the Boston Ballet's Nutcracker on Sunday, so have a little fun scheduled for the weekend to keep the chores company. Hope everyone has a peaceful weekend.

Vera-b

Comment

OK, where is everyone?

vera, I use lots of different recipe sources but my favorites come from Martha Stewart, Taunton's Fine Cooking and Cook's Illustrated. I have become a decent cook but not the type who can improvise. I need good recipes.

Had my first AF night in a WHILE last night, and while dh was off playing poker. That's usually an excuse to overdo it a bit but I felt the need for an AF night. I was glad I did it when I had to get up at 6.

Making quesadillas with roasted poblanos (roasted yesterday), mozzarella and prosciutto for a neighborhood party tonight. Gee, I wonder why I need to lose 20 pounds...

Hope all the modsters are doing well today!

Comment

St J, you got all the colloquialisms right... dickying-up is to smarten up the outfit.
                    Prizegiving is done at the end of every year where certificates and trophys are awarded to the high achievers. My daughter was devestated not to recieve an award but Hubby and I are a bit gob-smacked... she has mucked about and got busted a couple of times for inappropriate behaviour that we knew she wouldn't be up for a prize. I am pleased to say that I got her report today and she passed with flying colours (shew).

Ducky, thank you for the recipe!! It sounds so yummy I'm going to make them this weekend. BTW what is confectioners sugar -- Icing sugar or castor sugar?

Zed, in my next life I want to be my hubby! He has the life!! LOL just kidding! I would love to be a sail-fish.... shall I take a photo of my wrinkly hands for you :-) HURRY BACK BB!!
                    "We are in the age of Kal Yug" that reminded me of a book i'm reading about Indigo children. They are sent to bring equilibium and peace to earth. Have any of you heard about Indigo Children? -- I would love to know your thoughts as I think my daughter is one.

Jamms, we live and learn! Never give up!!
                    "Be patient and wait.
                    Be patient and wait until your mud settles and you water is clear.
                    Be patient and wait"
                    Toa Te Ching

GB, glad you are feeling better -- it will hold you in good stead for when the family arrives -- stay strong.
                    Personally I think your Doc is behind the times... can you not get a second opinion?
                    Good luck for the family gathering this weekend.

Peri, I loved your post about the eagle -- what a beautiful experience.
                    Alas no prizes were won -- except my AF-ness lol. A thought (not a craving) did cross my mind to have a glass of wine but it was purely out of boredom. The party was great altho not as raucous as last year -- and I sat with a group of peeps that all drank iced tea so wine wasn't even offered or discussed. Who would've thought that there are so many people out there who just DON'T drink! I came home on such a high, happy with myself although feeling a bit ill from over-indulding on seafood. Passed the test with flying colours!

Vera, the NUTCRACKER!! Ahh I have dreamt of seeing it but it's never been performed here. I want all the details, K!!

Vladster, I'm thinking of youuuuuuu!

Hey hey, where is everyone??!???
                    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Ducky, great job on being AF last night!!
                      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Quick check in today? busy, busy!

Vera, I hope you have a blast at the Nutcracker. I still want to go and will make it a point one of these years. Not this year, already too many things going on. My SD is coming the week after Christmas and bringing 2 of her friends along (they?re 19 and 20). I?ve never had a house full of girls before having raised boys. I?m looking forward to it but expect to be exhausted by the end of the week. We have so many things planned don?t know how we?ll fit it all in. One of the girls has never seen snow and we plan to ski/snow board 2 of the days they are here [LOL] that will be a treat!

Ducky, I love to eat and cook too. I am more of a let?s throw this and that in cook. It frustrates my hubby because he loves what I cook and wants me to reproduce something exactly and it might come out just a little differently the next time I cook a dish. So I?ve been trying to reproduce a recipe right after dinner when he especially likes something. One of his favs is White Chili. I?ve been thinking about posting that one on the forum. It?s yummy and a good cold weather or football watching meal.

DeeBee, your Af-ness is the best prize of all. Yes it is surprising how many people don?t drink AL when you stop and look isn?t it? Glad to hear that your daughter?s school doesn?t reward students when behavior isn?t up to par. I?m sorry to say that grades and behavior are looked at separately here. It would be a matter for the local news if a student were denied an award for one due to the lack of the other. I think they should be tied together. I hope that made sense. Tell us more about Indigo children.

I miss you j-vo, thinking of you today! Vlad, where are you? Sunbeam? Renewal? St John? GB? Everyone must be out Christmas shopping.

I am off to work now. Take care everyone,

periwinkle
                        Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Thanks DeeBee. Confectioners sugar is also called powdered sugar. I'm not sure about the terms you used but it's the sugar that is ground so fine it is truly like powder.

Peri, I complain the same way when my dh cooks because he never cooks the same way and I get so disappointed when he makes something I LOVE then it is never the same! But it's always good. I am just not so talented as you to be able to wing it!

Comment

hi Modders
                            Read all your posts - kinda quickly - is the topic what animal we would like to come back as? ANd I believe our own Boxer Boy started it? Okay, I will bite. I don't like turtles in real life, but I have long imagined myself as sort of a turtle. I have always lived kinda conservatively and shy. Never sunbathed to brown, never partied until my eardrums were fried, etc, etc, still feel like I have lots of living to do, and I will live a long, long time, still feeling sorta new and inncent.
                            I wouldn't want to come back as someone's pet - you have no rights, none!
                            I am a little sad about this site, honestly, cuz one of my friends got her feelings hurt up in General section, and has left.

Comment

hey Peri
                              why do you think that eagle was looking at you? Do you think there is a spiritual message for you in that encounter?
                              Lila

Comment

Hi Mod Squad,
                                Just had one glass of red wine, and I am trying not to pour another. It was a long week, and I am feeling the buzz of just one glass. I am going to switch to seltzer and cranberry, and feel the hydration, instead of the blurring. Right?? I don't really want to get drunk...It feels good to be a little buzzed, but I need to leave it at that. Right??? If I want another glass in an hour, so be it. If I have it now, it will beging to effect my behavior, and that is what I don't want. Right?
                                "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Working...
                                X