Mod Squad Weekly Thread 8th December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, DeeBee, Thank you. Your husband sounds both loving, distressed and determined in his e-mail...A powerful combination. I'm so glad you're here, still with him, and finding your "way out". Sara
    "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

DeeBee thanks for considering us dear friends to share with. I am thankful you grew into who you are and that you have such a wonderful loving husband. I too hid my drinking. Deceit is a soul killer. Takes the joy out of you. And joy is a beautiful thing.

Go out and be joyful today, my modders.

Will check in later
      Your St. John
      Toughen up!

Comment

Leaving in an hour for hubby's works do, plan is to either not drink at all or if so, stop at 3. Will update tomorrow some time if I get chance - busy day.

Thank you for sharing your letter Deebs - wow, just think how far you've come!
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Well, HELL yeah!!!

VLad,
          :H Gotta LOVE that plan!!!
          Have fun..Be careful!
          ~Kid~
          It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
          ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

I will, thanks!
            Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Yes, Deebs, that is quite a story. It is a nice commentary on your marriage as well, it seems very solid. And J-vo, really I think you should feel free to just complain here, sometimes it really works. I am here freezing cold cuz I hate winter, but that yuckiness is gone, at least for now.
              Hi Ducky, Sara (how embarrassing, and what an annoying coworker!!) vlad, Peri, Eve, Sunbeam, Zed, Kid, St John, WALT, Keeps, and anyone else have a good Friday. I have a paper to write and I am so far doing a rotten job focusing on it and really should stay off the boards and get busy!!!!!
              check back later!!
              Lila

Comment

Hi all,
                Deebs, thanks for sharing that message from your husband. Very healing I would think, compared to where you are now. There are many things I hated about drinking to excess, but the worst was the lies to my husband.

Ducky, my SIL used to have a long haired miniature dauchschund - very sweet. It used to have the silliest greeting smile, with turning its head sideways. It grew old, then disappeared one night when it went "out". No trace. They suspected coyotes.

Vera-B, now you're not the only one with a new "do". She added some copper highlights!

take care, all
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

The Danger..

...Of the multiple day AF is the anticipation that gives us permission to drink, now that the AF days are over. I have succumbed (barely), in that I'm having 2 beers this evening where I would rather have just one. There is no danger since my line is set low(one)and stepping over it is only two. For someone who says they only want to normally drink 2 (or as many as 3) going over presents more problems. What do some of the other Mods do when coming off AF days and feeling like it's "time to drink"?
                  ~Kid~
                  It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
                  ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Hi Modders,

I know what you mean, Kid , I was definitely looking forward to having two glasses of wine tonight. Setting the bar at two seems a little riskier than at one, but it's also more realistic for me. I think I'm okay at two, although I know the current "doctor recommended" amount for women is no more than one a day. For now, I intend to stick with my two glass limit, and I'm happy with it...Any more and I'd feel too buzzed. I have a pretty quiet "home-body" life, though. I suppose at a party that lasted several hours I'd be tempted to re-negotiate with myself to have three. We hardly ever go to parties...Except with other parents with little kids, so they tend to end by 8 or 9 :lame: (love playing around with these smilies...see, :lame: :H)

Hubby's coming back Sunday...Earlier than originally planned. It's been good for me to have him gone, in a way...I seem to have risen to the occassion with the kids, and I feel good about that. I've even enjoyed the solitude after the kids go to bed, and being able to watch "Grey's Anatomy" without having to hear any flack .

So, I had my two glasses of red wine tonight...I'm more apprehensive about trying Chardonnay...I always drank that too fast. Red wine is much easier for me to sip slowly. It feels cozy on a cold rainy night, too...Summer will be a new challenge, but that's a long time off.

I waited to come on here until I'd done some on-line Christmas shopping. What a great thing that is...I don't think I will enter a mall this holiday season.

Well, goodnight folks...It's midnight here in Massachusetts, so I should get to bed. See you tomorrow. Sara
                    "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Morning all!

I have spent the most part of yesterday and last night in a funny sorta mood. It hit me this morning that there was a reason WHY I found the letter yesterday.... it is to remind me of who I was and not to become complacent as to where I am now. Don't become overly-confident and remain vigilant!

Kid, when I had completed my 30 days AF, I was asking myself "now what?" i didn't have the answer so I carried on and did another 30 days until I felt comfortable with my new sober status. Even after 60 days AF, I would think to myself "let's drink, I have earned it!".... after some time, I realised that AL just didn't hold the same appeal anymore and to go without a drink even tho I was "allowed" one was a huge break thru for me. So to answer your question, I don't really know.... but I think you are definetly on the right path to discovering the answer for yourself.

Vladster, how did hubby's do go last night? I was dreaming of a buffet dinner last night but all I go was left-overs lol.

Ducky, I made the pickled cucumber yesterday and I've bottled it to take with to the in-laws for Xmas -- should be a laugh as my FIL can't stand cucumber. Today I am trying out the spiced cookie recipe you posted for me last week (can't remember the fancy name). So today is bakers day for me.

Sara, you must've felt so violated by your co-worker -- what a horrid person to tease you about it. Good on you for taking the right steps to get it sorted out.

J-Vo, how are you doing today? I've been thinking of you. Please don't feel you can't post if you don't have your happy face on -- we all have our ups and downs and that's what makes this thread so great is we do understand that it's not easy. If you just don't feel like posting, well that's okay too -- lurk all you need and know that we are here if you want a cyber-hug!

Sun, I had to laugh yesterday when I check up on my ant situation... I sprayed the leaves with a watered down solution of vinegar and they have all turned a nasty brown where I have sprayed -- that will teach me to attack my garden with guns blazing instead of getting all my ducks in a row first.

Hi Watching and Learning! Hope you managing to find your way around alright -- shout if you need help, k.

Hi St J, Keep, Vera, Little Brother, Lila and Jamms.... what's news?
                      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hi Sara, we crossed posts -- I am just getting up and you are going to bed.

I also had a glass of red wine last night. I don't normally drink red but hubby had tried it and said it was a lovely wine... well... the first sip was just iiiiccckkkk. So the glass sat untouched for a long time and I took sips of it just because it was there WTF, why I didn't just toss it I don't know?!!

Sweet dreams:-)
                        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Deebs,
                          Is it possible to feel a hug from South Africa - because I felt it! I really did. Thank you. You gave me chills. It means a lot.

And I read your letter from last year. Our hubbies love us. He's a caring one. And mine gives me so much shit for drinking. His dad died from liver disease due to alcohol 3 years ago. Good reason for giving me crap, but he knows the pain from his dad and doesn't want to see me in it. God Bless you Deebs.
                          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Dee Bee- whats new? I hate myself...I'm drunk posting...I was on my way to bed but I had to come and check some threads....... I'm pissed at myself right now..........
                            sorry to everyone....don't wanna post, I'm just gonna read some threads...too mad at myself for drining tonight.......
                            I'm not depressed just drunk....DAMM I'm so sorry, I really wanted to make thru the weekend, oh well......

Thank you all in advance...I know I won't be able to talk tomorrow,:l I'm so glad I have you all to turn to.

Sorry
                            :teeter:JAMMS

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

"no pain..inside...you're my protection...how do I feel this good SOBER?!"

Comment

morning all, ust catching up with the threads, sorry to see you went over your line jamms, hope you feeling ok? i have picked up soe brilliant tips from this thread that have really proooved to be significant for me: sorry i cant say who exactly said them (please claim them) but they are:
                              1) always drink quality!!! seems so simple why didnt i think of that?? have now gone one step further and am only going to buy organic wine, learn to sip and appreciate it with pleasure.
                              2) always plan something nice a after your two glasses, again very simple but never thought about what id have after my wine just kept drinking it till i went to bed.
                              3) stick with red,white goes down so easily i drink it like pop!! perfect remedy on a cold winters night,
                              thanks for all the grest advice here, its reall making a difference. Off for my porridge now, its freexing here, jamms, give yourself a hg and move on, its a new day xxx
                              Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

Jamms, hang in there -- get lots of water into you and when you wake up tomorrow start fresh, k!!

J-Vo, I am so chuffed my cyber-hug reached you.

Keep, I like your plan!! Drinking the nasty cheap stuff is for effect only, so upping our standards is definetly something to think of.

Have a great day everyone!!! I am off to my parents (again lol) for the weekend to finish the damn Xmas cake, so I'll catch up with everyone on Monday:-)

Comment

Working...
                                X