How we chose our names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How we chose our names

I am a little delusional and think I am a super hero and her name is trixietrack.
    You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

How we chose our names

Mine is the name of my favourite cat-she is a stray like the other 4 that live in my garden but she was the first to move in. She turned up on one of the first Christmasses that we had at our house, with a very pregnant belly needless to say, and sat with her nose glued to the back door glass for two days until we eventually gave in and threw her the turkey carcus. People think she is as ugly as sin but I like her because she is so persistent and struggles on. I can relate!

xx
      There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

How we chose our names

Gaelic translation of my name: Jacqueline. Please don't call me Jacqueline.lol. Only used by Mom when I was in trouble.lol
        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

How we chose our names

Seacailin;493717 wrote: Gaelic translation of my name: Jacqueline. Please don't call me Jacqueline.lol. Only used by Mom when I was in trouble.lol
          LOL, ditto Sea! Only my Mum calls me DEBRA when she is really mad with me!
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

How we chose our names

I picked my name as a reminder to myself to that its OK to Ask for Help, since that is hard for me. I do not think I do that too well here . . . still pretty reserved, but feel comfortable helping others.

It took me a long time to realize my name could be interpreted as inviting others to ask ME for help, which is my usual nature (nurse, mom, giver as many of us are.)

I haven't figured out the avatar, signature or other fancy stuff yet. Lo tech all the way.
            G

Comment

How we chose our names

my name came from a woman a work that calls me j-vo something similar to j-lo - Jennifer Lopez. My first name begins with J - and my last name with V! So she named me j-vo and I used that.
              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

How we chose our names

Mine is after a dog that I got at age 12 and had her until age 29. She was sweet and loving so I pay tribute to her. She was deaf in right ear after being struck by lightning. so, for the rest of her life, no matter where she was when I called her, she always looked sharply to the left!

Comment

How we chose our names

Gia started calling me Cinders, so I changed my name to that. I like it.

Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

How we chose our names

I chose, Veritas, "truth", because I'm tired of living a lie. I want to wake up in the morning, proud to be me. I thought the name would remind me of why I ever logged on.

Comment

How we chose our names

Eve11 - what a great thread. HEY, I know your real name And now I know Deeber's name too! Wow.

I chose Zed because that's what everyone calls me. Pretty much everyone I know. Including my mother and my entire family. I'm know as Zed.

Also in Pulp Fiction, the film, there's a character named Zed, and in one scene, Bruce Willis kills him.. and he says when asked about Zed..."Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead." That's a classic scene. :H

My AL issues always remind me of that line, and I think to myself, that if I had kept going, that would have been the case... so... there is a double-meaning for me, of sorts, when applied to MWO.

Cheers guys, you are all fascinating.

Comment

How we chose our names

Hello friends,

I've already been exposed - my name comes from the brand of computer bag and handbag I carry - both Vera Bradley. I love her lively patterns and they remind me of style and comfort. So, ladies, it's all fashion, all the time.

Vera-b

Comment

How we chose our names

I like this thread. I wish my name had somekind of story behind it. I just do not have much of an imagination these days.
                          My name is all the first initails of me, my oldest son, my husband, my middle son, and my daughters... in that order.

Zed- I somehow already new that was a real name for you. It fits you somehow.
                          :teeter:JAMMS

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

"no pain..inside...you're my protection...how do I feel this good SOBER?!"

Comment

How we chose our names

Hey JAMMS - that takes a lot of imagination!

Comment

How we chose our names

My name is a nick name given to me by an old girlfriend. She said that the name just fit my personality!
                              I like it because it sounds upbeat, and positive...seemed like a good route for this particular quest.

Comment

How we chose our names

I was completely plastered and I have NO idea how I came up with my username!! I don't even remember registering!

I hate it now. It is so damn long!

Comment

Working...
                                X