Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How we chose our names

Hi everyone, its ME!!!

Ripple was the wine of my time .. way back then in the 70's !!! it was fruity and actually was a cheap BUM wine.. you always ended up on your BUM after a bottle of Ripple..

Boones Farm was another favorite.. i chose Ripple and its been fun ever since. although when people see Ripple, they usually disappear..

I am Ripple .. Attached files [img]/converted_files/752798=4534-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

How we chose our names

I guess that when one first becomes a MWO member it is generally when feeling a bit fed up, frustrated etc...so mine sounds quite dramatic but I aint no drama queen! lol
      Sober since Jan 17th 09
      Smoke free since 20th Nov 08 :H

Comment

How we chose our names

I picked my name as a positive thing, because i'd like to be 'that girl eveyrbody's talking about' but in a good way. Like the person people say 'remember that girl we met at that party, she was really cool'. I like the anonymity (I can't spell worth s%$t) of it too.
        The way I change the past is by not repeating it
        -James Hetfield, Metallica

Comment

How we chose our names

I chose my name for my love of lavender. I grow lots in my garden, buy lavender soaps, candles, etc. I decided to use the French version - Lavande
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

How we chose our names

This is such a cool thread! I chose mine when I was in a deep, depressed mood about myself. I forgot who I was. It sounds silly to me know but it helps me to remember what a long journey this has been! A very worthwhile journey.

Be
            "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

How we chose our names

Bumping this one up as we have had a lot of newbies lately as well as some oldies who never responded so it would be nice to know how you chose your names and any other interesting facts about yourselves you would like to share.
              "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

How we chose our names

I never responded because I think my screen name lacks imagination. I am usually a sunny person, Sunny was taken, Sunbeam was available... that's it.
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                X