Mod Squad Weekly Thread 15th Dec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kid- I did lousy with the pact but I never drank too much. The holidays can be challenging as there are so many opportunities to drink. Look out '09!
    Toughen up!

Comment

Harm Reduction...

St John,
      A pact is just a little (possibly) entertaining tool to remind us that we promised ourselves (and someone else) that we would do, or not do, something. If remembering it keeps us from completely losing control, then it has been effective.I'm glad nothing terrible happened. Feel free to invite someone to form a pact with you anytime!
      Enjoy the day!
      ~Kid~
      It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
      ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

So is it ok to make MOD rules week to week or should it be month to month...or do you start week to week and then work your way up to month to month? I did the 7days, and drank last night.As I planned to. Now I plan to be AF until x-mas day. The plan for that day is to "enjoy" some wine and gingerale in between. (I do enjoy the tast of a good merlot, or pinot noir.) Then AF until New Years Eve where I again intend to MOD. Is this to much?
        I'm still waiting for the cd's and supps so I can start the program and get rid of the craves. My plan has always been to MOD. To drink like a grownup and not become a sloppy, mess.

Last night I stuck to my plan and do not feel badly about it today.
        :teeter:JAMMS

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

"no pain..inside...you're my protection...how do I feel this good SOBER?!"

Comment

On another note:

Hello modders,
          Incase, I'm unable to sign in as much as I would like to over the next week I want to tell you all how much you have come to mean to me. I would be in a different place if it wasn't for MWO and all of you. I wish you all a healthy happy holiday! xoxo

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

Comment

Jamms,
            Your plan makes sense to me!

Well, I can keep my Moderator of the Year award because I had some wine today. I mean, if I go AF, I can't accept the award, right? But I needed to celebrate my anniversary and the Christmas parties I missed.

Many of us will be here less during the coming week. For me, that means 12/24 - 12/28 I will be off line. Should be a short thread next week. Happy Holidays to all!
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

H everyone,
              I'm posting to myself this afternoon, but I just had to share my realization that I'm enjoying my Christmas CD's so much this year. In past years, I mostly loaded 5 in the carrel, and didn't change them all season. I wasn't paying much attention because I was frequently drinking wine. But we have a lovely collection, lots of choral with orchestra works, and many different solo instruments including guitar, piano, mandolin, dulcimer and a flute orchestra! I am so grateful to have this pleasure back in my life.
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

All plans are subject to change!!!

Jamms,
                Your plan is perfect. It's good to have an overall plan, what you want to achieve in your long term moderation. The plan always needs fine tuning as Holidays come along; an old friend comes to town; and stuff like that.The important thing,though, is TO HAVE A PLAN... Pacts are blood oaths,however! If you promise me, and I promise you,that we aren't drinking tonite and then YOU DRINK while I'm at home wishing I could...well then, the Moderation Pact Gnome gives you a skin blemish or difficult to withold flatulence...
                Keep all this in mind...
                ~Kid~
                ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Too funny Kid.

Jamms: watch out for Kid: he sounds lethal! You're doing great and sounds like you're anxious to get the "full program" (Cds and all) going in 2009. Next year can be your 1 year mods anniversary!

And Sunbeam, I've read your posts, just so you don't think you're talking to yourself. I'm sure we'll "speak" before the 24th! but in case not, do have a good holiday. See you on the other side. Should we plan some sort of "virtual celebration" for our 1 year anniversary? I'm proud of this milestone.

Ask

Comment

Hi Ask,
                    Yeah, we should plan something. The AF people make a big deal of one year, but a year of moderation doesn't get the same regard. I have learned so much this year about alcohol from this community, and especially from WIP. I think Vlad does something professionally with computer graphics, maybe she will have some ideas.

Hey, we will be spending Christmas this year as always in the Springfield Mass area. I will wave to you as we go down the Mass Pike.

Comment

Exit 17 (that's so New Jersey, isn't it?)

Ask

Comment

hi Modders
                        I am just checking in, reading posts.
                        Jamms, I am very happy for you!
                        Hey guys, I just bought a Shiatsu Chair Massager, I had a coupon for it at Bed Bath and Beyond. You have to get yourself something for Christmas, too! It is soooo wonderful!
                        And some curtains at Target, tore down all these horrible miniblinds....
                        The pact was good for me, let's start another one Monday, okay?
                        Lila

Comment

Sunbeam- Thank you for your encouragement. I love listening to my xmas cd. It gives you such and warm fuzzy feeling doesnt' it.

Kid- I hope to never break a pact. I will keep the gnome in mind. What does he look like? It's funny...I had the craves and the opportunity to drink AL during the pact we had and the one I made with Becoming to do the 7 days. But, What kept me going was the fact that I made a promise to YOU ALL and I know that it meant alot to all of us. I've broken more promises to my own children, without blinking an eye.

Ask- I am very anxious to start the program. I have some more supps to purchase. Still waiting for the cd's, and must get something to listen to them with headphones. I'm also anxious about Dr. appt.tomorrow to discuss the topa.

Lila-Thanks. I'm in for another pact. I'm AF Sun, Mon,Tues and Wed. I will MOD on Thursday and Friday. AF Sat. and Sun.

Happy Holidays! :l

Comment

What a wonderful present to yourself, Jamms!

Comment

I am assuming you are celebrating Christmas,,,if anyone here isn't I apologize if I am being too,,,,you know.....

Comment

Rest your liver here...

* "Cross my heart,and hope to die;Stick a needle in my eye.."
                                * Phrase uttered by children after making a promise to indicate the depth of their sincerity: the speaker is so committed to the action just agreed to that they offer self-inflicted pain and a death wish as proof of their seriousness.
                                (Must be accompanied by a gesture of drawing a imaginary "X" across the speaker's own heart, or else it doesn't count.)
                                Mod Pacts INVITATIONS:

>Jamms,Lila,Sunbeam: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday

Use this form or start a new thread

for any pacts you want to start.

ANYONE ELSE??

__________________________________________________ __________________________________
                                ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Working...
                                X