Mod Squad Weekly Thread for December 22, 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

o kid you know my notebook keyboard it tiny!!!! sorry for the typos! you know which type of restaurant i was at .....(lol) i promise to T Y P E more S L O W L Y in future x
    Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

keepwalking;501250 wrote: WIP - hi xxxxx its a brillian cd and my absolute fav is ------ its all part of a process.......... just like mwo sorry but you will have to buy the parts of a process cd too. Havnt been back to smart since i found mod squad do you still go there??
      I had been checking in on SMART every day but didn't go today. I was planning on posting something or at least checking in on the Buddhist thread and the "Out of Our Way" thread I started... but participation is very lackluster, and I'm not sure I have the energy for it. I would definitely send new people there. I think everyone needs to use methods that help with cognitive distortions and emotion regulation... The MWO "program" is rather lacking in that area... but MWO has very good info and support in other areas that are not mentioned or promoted on SMART... especially diet, supplements, and medication.

Comment

I agree...

WIP,
        I agree. SMART is a good place to form one's foundation in Recovery, especially if one wants to be medication free. Drawing from from REBT and constructing their "Toolbox" was a leap in helping addicts (of many types) learn to manage their problems. Unfortunately SOL (I love those initials, they're so apropo) is not evolving as fast as SMART F2F. The present director's interpretation of SMART as an abstinence based program is leaving a large number of people who want to moderate their addictions, out in the cold. The up and coming (read: profitable and effective programs) are going to fill that gap. There is a "program" evolving here. It will take a little time to evolve. I'm into MWO for $10 a month that SMART won't be seeing; and I'm happy, and my opinions are respected here. And what's more; I'm effectively "moderating".
        REBT is available anywhere, you don't have to read it at SMART (but you CAN, and then just stay out of their drama and politics.) One can read about Rational Recovery and then use what he/she learns to control an addiction to the degree that one wants, from harm reduction to total abstinence.
        When you visit SMART, give "Caring Hands", Richard and Jonathan my best! :fingerAnd their "smilies" aren't nearly as cool!!) :H
        ~Kid~
        It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
        ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

hi all
          I read posts this morning, but forgot to add one myself. The little pacts are actually working great for me, thanks Kid! I am fixing up my house - new curtains, new rug, very inexpensive but it looks so great! Well, this is holiday week! There is supposed to be a big snowstorm tonight....
          wip, lovely to see you over here! From time to time, I check out your blog.
          Lila

Comment

Happy Monday to you!!!

* "Cross my heart,and hope to die;Stick a needle in my eye.."
            * Phrase uttered by children after making a promise to indicate the depth of their sincerity: the speaker is so committed to the action just agreed to that they offer self-inflicted pain and a death wish as proof of their seriousness.
            (Must be accompanied by a gesture of drawing a imaginary "X" across the speaker's own heart, or else it doesn't count.)
            Mod Pacts INVITATIONS:

>Jamms,Lila,Sunbeam: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday

>Sara: Monday and Tuesday

Use this form or start a new thread

for any pacts you want to start.

ANYONE ELSE??
            ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Yes, I intend to be AF Christmas Eve (Wednesday) and moderate Christmas Day (Thursday) and Boxing Day (Friday). Then AF Saturday would probably be a good idea. How about you Kid???
              Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

hi all,modding is an art in itself,jack be nimble,jack be quik,jack jump over the candle stik,think about how lucky all of us are going into the christmas season,were here talking to one another about somthing tht devistates lives of so many people,somthing tht when were under the weather or as most call it DRUNK,to mmuch is not good,how many of us never even thot of tht b4,will all be fine this christmas,cause none of us will do to much,merry christmas all, and have a good night gyco

Comment

Merry Christmas Gyco!
                  Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Merry Christmas Mod Squad!!

I thought today I would have loooots of time to catch up with the thread and news but alas I have been running around sorting out last minute shopping as well as trying to finish up at work.

We leave at sparrow fart tomorrow to go to the in-laws farm and there is NO electricity never mind internet so I wanted to wish you all a very happy christmas.
                    Altho I won't have access to the wonderful world wide web I'll be thinking of you and hope you have a day filled with fun and laughter.

I look forward to *seeing* you all when I get back on the 27th.

P.S. My modding goals for the next couple of days are:
                    no more and preferable less than 3 glasses of wine tomorrow and on Xmas eve.
                    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

DeeBee;501675 wrote:
                      We leave at sparrow fart tomorrow
                      Sparrow fart??? Is that another term for crack of dawn???

Comment

ROFL!!!
                        Yip!
                        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Good Morning!

Good Morning Vlad ,DB and Gyco...up so early!
                          Vlad, you have been doing well since the "vodka incident", yes? Good luck with your Holiday plans. Moderation is all about mixing it up a little. My moderation is going well. I'm not sure I have an AF day in the very near future, so I'm not making a "pact" with anyone. If anyone is ever desperate and NEEDS to pact, I'm usually willing. I don't cheat on a pact and don't expect that my partner would either...
                          Lately I have been going up to the little wine store in our neighborhood and buying a six-pack of beers that are much more expensive than I would previously THINK of paying for beer. Since the six-pack now lasts me 5-6 days, I don't mind treating myself to something better. I usually do AF days if I slip or I feel urges coming on. To me it means an addiction cycle may be beginning and I have to break it. Normally, my moderation plan is on a DAILY basis, as opposed to using AF days to balance drinking days. Does that make sense?
                          Gyco: You'll be surprised to know I count my blessings every day and try to help fellow alkies when I am presented with the chance.
                          Good Morning DB: Be safe. Enjoy. we will keep the wires warm until you return! Do you chop up a few beans into the bird feed when waking is VERY important??
                          Good day to all!
                          Time to saddle up!
                          ~Kid~
                          ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

morning modders!
                            I have to go Christmas shopping - have been putting it off.
                            Just saying Hi!
                            Lila

Comment

From a health point of view though, it is suggested you have at least 2 days AF a week. That's from our NHS in the UK. I couldn't say I was moderating successfully unless that was the case.

Just my opinion.

Oh and yes, I've been doing fine since the 'vodka incident' - haven't bought any more vodka and don't intend to.

Comment

Hi Folks,
                                DeeBee, have a wonderful Christmas!

Hi Gyco, Kid, and Vlad... Vlad, I get what you're saying about having two AF days a week, but I also think, IMHO, that to stick to one or two a day is moderate. I've heard the recommendation that for women, it's one a day, for men it's two...But to me what matters is what works for each of us individually. If it stays feeling well controlled, does not become a real craving or get used to mask or distort negative feelings...If memories stay intact, sleep is not disturbed, and there are no hangovers, that seems to me to be moderate use. My husband has one drink a day, pretty much every day. I've only seen him overdue it twice in the 16 years I've known him, so I consider him a moderate drinker. But he rarely has an AF day. I've always been envious of how he comes home and has water with dinner, hangs out with the kids, and then pours himself a scotch after putting them to bed. I don't see a compulsion in him...A ritual, but not a compulsion.

But enough about him. I've got presents to wrap! I work tonight, so I will not have a drink. That's easy. I'll be home late, and just take to the comfort of my bed, not the bottle.

I'll stay in touch with whom (who?) ever is around over Christmas. Quick check-ins, anyway. Going to mom's...She's been a trigger for me in the past. This year I think I'll be a lot more self-aware. Take care all. Sara
                                "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Working...
                                X