Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad Weekly Thread for December 22, 2008

Good Morning Squad,

I will definitely be contributing to the Reality TV show...Lila, I'm so sorry you were miserable. I've had holidays like that too. But ahhh....you're back home, where you can breath non-toxic air and start thinking in earnest about those resolutions. My kids are starting to get noisy, and I've been asked to keep them as quiet as I can this am so others can sleep. How's that for a relaxing way to start the day? :H I must go quiet them, while maintaining a warm and cheerful attitude. Sara
    "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

A Good Morning to Sara...[1 day pact anyone?]

And anyone else who starts waking up here...
      I got up early to make Cat's lunch and a pot of coffee before watching her go off to work through the chilly darkness. Now I'm finishing my cuppa and will probably go back to sleep til the honey-haired-girl wakes up and we decide what to do with our day off together.
      The holidays have passed with extraordinary damage control compared to the uncontrolled drinking years. I'm still aware of the feeling that I'm "keeping a lid" on it, in that I'm making a conscious effort to stop where I do, while creeping OVER the limit I have set. Social situations certainly are challenging, and perhaps the limits are too low. At any rate; I've been clear as a bell. I don't wake up in the morning trying to recount exact details of the evening before as my wife gives me the silent treatment and guilt rises up in me like cold bile and misery... NONE of that, thank God... Thank God.
      I've started reading "the book", and will see what parts of the program I will incorporate; although I'm aware of having stumbled across some logical aspects of the "program" on my own.
      I'm going to go AF today just to refresh my system. The days have been full of rich food and social events that find me often enjoying around 3 drinks instead of my preferred 1 little micro-brew. I am going out to dinner tomorrow night and will likely toast a birthday girl. So today is AF, V8, supps and plenty of water. Anybody want to pact?
      I'll do the "I will not drink today" thread just to be sure I nail myself in.
      Wishing you all a perfect and peaceful day.:sun:
      ~Kid Shelleen~
      It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
      ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Sorry KID cant pact to-day as having turkey, chips and a glass of sauvignon blanc! Dinner party tomorrow etc etc, will be January for me now but I wish you strength and like you I am so enjoying being moderate, no guilt, no hangover and just pleasure which is as it should be. Am looking forward to the toxic stories but so far I cant contribute but it is only boxing day......................? Stay strong everyone x
        Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

[QUOTE=Kid Shelleen;500852]
          Mod Pacts INVITATIONS:
          >Jamms,Lila,Sunbeam: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday
          >Sara: Monday and Tuesday

Bonnie: AF Friday 12/26
          "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

[QUOTE=Kid Shelleen;500852]
            Mod Pacts INVITATIONS:
            >Jamms,Lila,Sunbeam: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday
            >Sara: Monday and Tuesday

>Eve11: AF Friday 12/26

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks Eve...I promise.

* "Cross my heart,and hope to die;Stick a needle in my eye.."
              * Phrase uttered by children after making a promise to indicate the depth of their sincerity: the speaker is so committed to the action just agreed to that they offer self-inflicted pain and a death wish as proof of their seriousness.
              (Must be accompanied by a gesture of drawing a imaginary "X" across the speaker's own heart, or else it doesn't count.)
              Mod Pacts INVITATIONS:

>>Eve11 and Kid: AF Friday 12/26

>>St John: Friday and Saturday

Use this form or start a new thread

for any pacts you want to start.

ANYONE ELSE??
              ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

O.K., Kid- I know that I blew our last pact but today's a new day and I did ask for forgiveness, right? So today and tomorrow I will be AF even when there are parties to go to . It will help that one is a Mormon gathering. Cross my heart..........................
                Your St. J
                Toughen up!

Comment

Monday? It is Friday, right? And I think I am tired of the whole foggy every night - tummy sticking out a bit thing. New Years, New Me! Tonight I will have herb tea, in fact it is all I have in my house.
                  Yes, I had a yucky time at Christmas mostly at relatives, but I am also realizing that I do need people....yes, Sara, back home, my kids are at the neighbors playing....they had a great Christmas and that makes me happy. Oh dear, sounds like you have house guests....that sure can be trying!

Comment

I just have a moment to say hello. I'm cutting myself off now, after three drinks. I know what you mean, Lila, I'm tiring of the foggy every night thing, too. I'm thinking I'll be AF tomorrow, and perhaps until New Year's eve, although I'm not making any promises...I won't cross my heart and hope to die.

First Toxic Family Story: My mom is already running out of patience with my kids and my nieces. I think this is what she was like when I was growing up... tolerant of us for a bit and then, when we'd least expect it, bam... The criticism. Tonight she got mad at the kids for not paying enough attention to her and singing along with a song she was singing and playing on her guitar..."SING WITH ME!" she hissed, like Miss Havishem in "Great Expectations", saying "PLAY!" to her young ward.

Anyway....Kid, I'm in the same boat as you this holiday season, in terms of exceeding my rather conservative limits. Good for you for deciding to be AF tonight. Are you sticking with it? I will do it tomorrow. Duty calls. Sara
                    "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

It's Friday, NOT Monday...

Lila,
                      We let Eve play with the list for a minute. It's straighted out. Those were old pacts.
                      Eve and I are doing AF and cleansing enemas today (Friday). How did our pact go, Eve???
                      St John is doing either Friday and Saturday or else Saturday and Sunday; I haven't figured out which.
                      Sara WANTS to, but we'll see!
                      I went to the zoo and had a thoroughly enjoyable day with my honey-haired-girl at the Festival of Lights. Thanks for pacting with me Eve.
                      We had espresso instead of mulled wine and I'm buzzingly awake!!
                      Good evening to all. What does the weekend hold???
                      ~Kid~
                      ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

hi Kid - The evening holds herb tea! Cleansing enemas?? A long long time ago there was a thread here on inner cleanses. Probably way back in time in holistic healing. Sara, did you see the narcissistic family thread? That was good. There is some of that running thru my family as well. No real drama at my Christmas, a few glares from one of my sibs for no good reason at all. I mostly just felt incredibly bored and weirdly frustrated the whole time.

Comment

Kid- I did tonight successfully and will be AF again tomorrow too
                          Toughen up!

Comment

See ya in the morning...

:thumbsup Good Job,St. J...
                            ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Kid,
                              LOL, How do I respond to the pact? Thought I did it right but apparently not. Are people just emailing you and then you are putting on the pact list? Let me know.
                              I had a TOTALLY unexpected thing of hubby deciding to take the boys and I out for a "treat". We decided to get bbque ribs and usually when I go out to dinner I enjoy my glass of red wine. Man, it played in my head...can I do it? will I do it? But the pact made it more personal and just like I don't like posting more than 3 drinks on the drinktracker I sure as heck didn't like the thought of telling you I had to poke my eye out...so...hubby was rather shocked when I ordered an AF drink while I watched him sip a margarita.
                              I need to make another pact with you and with the pact team who climbs on the train this week. NO more than 2 drinks on Sat (another party) and Sunday (family gathering). This mod thing can work if I can stick to my mod rules. If I can't then I've got to give up the dream. Maybe the pact will help me be stronger as I've been struggling this week.
                              Hugs to all,
                              Eve11

Comment

morning modders
                                Anyone go shopping yesterday? I did, a little bit! I am feeling ready to start my life again. I just do. That means, I have fallen into a depression, and have used alcohol to numb my feelings, but I am ready to deal and not hide from the world anymore.
                                Eve, good for you! I drank on Christmas, just because it was in front of me. I could just as easily drank water, because for some reason I didn't even care, but it was right there. I didn't even feel the effects, just got a bit tired. So that really is great!
                                Lila

Comment

Working...
                                X