X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad Weekly Thread for December 22, 2008

It's only one post...

Eve,KW,
    There's not THAT much action on this thread that a PACT post is going to hang anyone up reading. The AF members rarely come here and Mods LIKE to read about other Mods(and sometimes the PACT talk is the ONLY conversation on this thread). Mods also should see the PACT post so they remember it's available in case they ever start stacking up too many drinking days in a row.
    1 or 2 drinks EVERY SINGLE DAY for a person with "a drinking problem" is just barely "modding". If one's tolerance builds up and he/she is creeping into the 3-4 drinks every day, then they are no longer modding; they are KIDDING themselves. The PACT works for some of us. We are less likely to break a promise to another modder and have to post it, than we would be even to ourselves or family.
    I don't believe a separate PACT thread would be used often enough to stay near the surface and would grow stale and obscure (as some of these threads do.)
    Just my thought,but I'll go with the group...A separate thread might get more attention on the list of threads. Hmmmmm.
    ~Kid~

Eve: The PACT seems to work OK for you. Do you foresee any AF PACTs in 2009??

Eve11;504568 wrote:
    ...Kid, maybe we should start a weekly pact thread that we can all respond to as all MWO members may not want to pact or get hung up reading about it if they're not doing it
    . What do you think? You could title it the same way with the date but call it weekly pact?
    At first I wasn't crazy about the pact concept as I wanted to live my life one day at a time but I'm finding I need more help and the pacting has made a difference.
    Eve11
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
    ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Kid,
      I see your point of view. Many new threads do become obscure and there aren't enough making pacts at this time. Let's see how others feel...those pacting and those not and we'll let you decide being you came up with the great concept.
      When I pact I am SERIOUS about keeping it. That means if my long lost friend from 20 years ago showed up unexpectedly with a bottle of Dom Perignon I'm going to say "NO!" So, I intend to be VERY serious with what I commit to.
      My first pact will be no more than 3 on New Years. We are going to the party of parties and it will be a long, fun affair so I have to be realistic with myself and honest as well. I definitely never want more than 3 in a night but being this is a costume party, karyoke, fun filled 4 hour event I know I may want to go into that third drink. So, Dec. 31st no more than 3 and AF Tues Dec 30 the night before. Cross my heart!
      Eve11
      "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Kid- I like the separate pact thread too. And I REALLY like the idea of pacts! Thanks for dilligently asking all of us who is in for the day and reminding us. It reallly helps.
        Count me in for AF Sun, Mon and Tues. Deciding on New Years as there is a black tie party to go to . Will pray about that and let you know........................
        Hi, Eve! Happy New Year my friend.
        Your St. J
        Toughen up!

Comment

Although a less vocal member of the group, I agree with Kid that keeping the pacts inside this thread is good; for those not pacting it reminds the option is there. And it does lend to sharing what worked and didnt.

I'm in for AF tonight (Sunday) Monday and Tuesday. Don't know what the rest of the week holds, but last week had something to drink everyday and I'm tired of eating and drinking . . .l really looking forward to getting back into my routine.

Cheers,

Ask

Comment

Hi Everybody,
            I'm back in town, read the posts though I can't say I remember it all. I agree with the thoughts that would keep the pacts on this thread. I love getting to know everybody here, but sometimes we forget to talk about alcohol! So this keeps IT in the conversation.

I am keeping my options open this week until I get in touch with a couple of friends.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

on reflection i say keep it here, a separate thread may well indeed become obscure, it does nudge one in the right direction if pretending to mod when not really doing so! ASK i know exactly how you feel, too much indulgence but there is a part of me that is kinda going for it knowing that it will all change come Jan 09. Wish i could throw in a couple of AF days but i nkow i wont as i am away from work until 5th jan and that is when my new regime will kick in - i hope x
              Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

Yes, I have found the Pact helpful. I am wondering, where are the rest of the Modders? Did the pact make some of us leave? Hope not! But it IS helpful and keeps alcohol in the conversation, and here I am, on Day Three!

Comment

P.A.C.T

* "Cross my heart,and hope to die;Stick a needle in my eye.."
                  * Phrase uttered by children after making a promise to indicate the depth of their sincerity: the speaker is so committed to the action just agreed to that they offer self-inflicted pain and a death wish as proof of their seriousness.
                  (Must be accompanied by a gesture of drawing a imaginary "X" across the speaker's own heart, or else it doesn't count.)
                  Mod Pacts INVITATIONS:

>>Eve11 and Kid: AF Friday 12/26(check)
                  >>St John, Kid: Friday(check) and Saturday(check)

Ask,St J: Sunday,Monday,Tuesday

Eve: promises just 3 drinks New Years Eve

Use this form or start a new thread

for any pacts you want to start.

ANYONE ELSE??
                  ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

lila i think the other modders are modding through the hols and will be back soon. Could do with a list of who is in the mod squad wef 1st jan i get lost sometimes!

Comment

A nice Sunday...

Lila!
                      Without planning to, I've found myself at the end of another AF day; and so it's day three for me also!
                      Cat and I went and saw "Slumdog Millionaire" today (it was pretty good!),then stopped at the coffee shop for some espresso and desserts. No urge... How about that?? I'm just going to go with it. :happy:
                      ~Kid~
                      ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

well done kid, virtual pat on the back x

Comment

Here,KW..

KW,
                          Here is at least a partial list of Modders...
                          keepwalking;504838 wrote: ...Could do with a list of who is in the mod squad wef 1st jan i get lost sometimes!

ModSquad:

Vera-b,Lila,Sunbeam,Kid,Jamms,Ask for Help,
                          St John,KeepWalking, DeeBee,Sara,Periwinkle,Eve,
                          LookingToGrow,Vlad,Trixietrack,StartingOver,
                          Zed,One2many,(Cyclefan,Zeppie,Gyco,WIP, and Tawnyfrog visit)
                          ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Hi Modders,
                            I'm happy to say I'm back home and doing okay. Time with my mom always stresses me out, but it was wonderful to see my sibs and my nieces.

I don't remember if I mentioned it, but I was a little down on Christmas because my middle son (E), who's 7, seemed disappointed in his presents. One of the things I got for him, though, was a pull-up bar, with handles to grab onto. When we got home tonight I asked my husband to install it in a doorway, and E. went to town...He is one of those kids who loves to climb and flip and do acrobatics in any way he can. ( I think he'd be a great gymnast... Hubby shows his insecurity by pooh-poohing the idea of a boy taking gymnastics. Anyway, that's another story. ) E. was over the moon as he flipped and pulled himself up, and swung his legs over the bar...And he gave me big hugs, saying "this is the best present ever". So, I feel great...It was the last piece of the Christmas puzzle, to see his glee using a gift we got for him.

Now we're back to life "as usual" except that the kids are out of school for the next week. Hubby will be off work, so I think I'll get through okay. The holiday season has definitely brought with it the urge to drink more, and I'm glad to move on from that.

I'm looking forward to hearing from all the squad. Best to all. Sara
                            "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Hello fellow modders,

I've been away for awhile, mainly because it's the holidays and I've had absolutely no time! Also, MIL and daughters have been here, and I've had no computer/time to get on line. Life is slowly getting back to usual, though it will be another week with MIL and hubby being home. I'll steal minutes here when I can.

Sounds like everything has been pretty quiet over the Christmas holiday. I expect everyone to return once we all get back to regular life. At least I hope so . . . will pop in as I can this week, then back to regular times in January.

Vera-b

Comment

Vera
                                Lovely to *see* you back here!
                                Lila

Comment

Working...
                                X