Mod Squad Weekly Thread for December 22, 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O.K. thought about it read the other posts and agree keeping the pacts here is the best idea. Keeps it on the front line.
    This is day 3 AF for me. Thanks for the pact, Kid.
    Bless you all-
    your St. J
    Toughen up!

Comment

Hey gang,
      Did the family event and kept to my two. Have to say I really struggled with that as there were great wines to choose from and others kept refilling and the two small drinks seemed ... well...like just not enough.

But I switched to water and silently struggled through it. I have had easier times where I was satisfied with the two but not tonight. It was hard. Then the Aunt asked if we wanted to take the half empty bottle home that we had brought. We both said no (well an open bottle could get us into trouble while driving) and I kept playing it in my head that I could attack that bottle if given the opportunity. So, I kept my pact ... but it wasn't easy. I KNOW I would have had three without the pact!
      It's a great concept and is helping me even more than the drinktracker as I wasn't feeling accountable enough to the drinktracker but am really feeling it with pacting.
      "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

I cross my heart.......P.A.C.T

* "Cross my heart,and hope to die;Stick a needle in my eye.."
        * Phrase uttered by children after making a promise to indicate the depth of their sincerity: the speaker is so committed to the action just agreed to that they offer self-inflicted pain and a death wish as proof of their seriousness.
        (Must be accompanied by a gesture of drawing a imaginary "X" across the speaker's own heart, or else it doesn't count.)
        Mod Pacts INVITATIONS:

>>Eve11 and Kid: AF Friday 12/26(check)
        >>St John, Kid: Friday(check) and Saturday(check)
        Ask,St J: Sunday(check),Monday,Tuesday

Eve: promises just 3 drinks New Years Eve,2 drinks other times

Use this form or start a new thread

for any pacts you want to start.

ANYONE ELSE??

ModSquad:

Vera-b,Lila,Sunbeam,Kid,Jamms,Ask for Help,
        St John,KeepWalking, DeeBee,Sara,Periwinkle,Eve,
        LookingToGrow,Vlad,Trixietrack,StartingOver,
        Zed,One2many,(Cyclefan,Zeppie,Gyco,WIP, and Tawnyfrog visit)
        It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
        ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Monday at last...

Morning Modders,
          Nice going on keeping it at 2 drinks, Eve. Are you using anything in conjunction with the PACT? You might have said, but now I don't remember your plan. Are you using supplements, exercise, presciption meds? It will take more than just the PACT, I'm afraid, when the going gets really rough. Stay with us;keep at it...Modding gets easier.
          Great on going 3 days AF, St J! Still on for Monday and Tuesday? I might join you. I can't think of any reason why I'll want one today, we'll see. Is this part of your ultimate plan,to not drink on more days than you drink;or are you resting and exercising your will-power??
          Welcome home,Sara. We're glad you had a safe trip. Sounds like you picked a winner with the chin-up bar. Just have hubby check it for security now and then. It never occurs to young ones that they may actually BREAK something, including their own bones!
          And I would say, respectfully, don't let someone else's insecurities stand in the way of "doing the right thing". Gymnastics and, for that matter, almost any pursuit requiring creative or physical ability, needs to be started and nurtured from an EARLY age. It also sounds like your boy(s) have alot of energy. It wouldn't HURT, if you can afford it, to check out a class. It would give him a focus for that energy and increase his self esteem later. Do they have anything at school?
          Have the "dog plans" cooled?
          Well darn,once again my coffee is getting cold.
          A great day to you all
          ~Kid~

PS: Does my green light stay on when I close my laptop? I don't always log off. I just close up. It may look like I'm on and available for PMs or chat when I'm not.
          ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Hey Squad,
            Eve, nice job on sticking to two drinks at your gathering!

Yes, Kid, the chin up bar is secure...and there's a mat underneath it. Still, we'll be cautious. He's not allowed to hang upside down without one of us there to spot him.

I'm feeling depressed today...My own fault for drinking every night for a stretch. Last night I had "intended" to be AF, but ended up having 3 glasses of wine. I don't mean to suggest that it "just happened"...I know I'm in charge of this, and that I make some choices that aren't good for me. I can really feel it in my mood today...Teary and tense and feeling kind of hopeless and dark. Hubby has been very sweet about trying to cheer me up, but he doesn't know I had three drinks last night, or that that is playing a part in my depression. I feel ashamed to tell him, and I'm ashamed to say it here, too...But where else?

I would like to sign on for the pact, one day at a time. I commit to not drinking tonight. At the moment, feeling blue, I can't imagine that I'll want to drink tonight, but that seems to change at around 5:00, so I need to promise now that I won't do it. I already had to stick a needle in my eye once, so I need to protect my remaining good eye. Cross my heart and hope to die.

I'm relieved to have just gotten a call from friends canceling our plans for New Year's eve, so the pressure there is off...I was stressing out about cleaning up the house and cooking a big meal. Now I think we'll rent a couple of movies and have a quiet night at home, just the five of us. Thank you, God!!!

Have a good day, friends. Sara
            "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Good morning, all.

Great job last night, Eve. You stuck with the pact and you will be stronger for it!

Sara -I have found recently that if I give myself a day or two AF then the darkness starts to subside. As I mentioned here before, I have suffered depression the last 15 years while drinking heavily daily. Joining MWO and begining to moderate adding more and more AF days has really helped to clear out the depression and guilt. Happiness and joy fills the space! Give yourself a gift today-join the Monday pact and feel so much better tomorrow. ODAT, my friend.

Kid- I'm in for Mon. and Tues and still praying about New Years Eve.
              DeeBee are you back yet?
              Zed,Lila, Peri etc. where is everyone?
              Special hi to Gyco.
              your St. J
              Toughen up!

Comment

Thank you, St. J...Yes, I'm in for tonight, and I will post at the witching hour to renew my vow. Sara
                "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Remember this feeling, Sara...

Even on your best, happy, most cheerful days...alcohol can make you feel bad. You are over your daily limit, for over your limit of days (at least 14 drinks in 5 days)The dance is over. Now it's "time to pay the piper". He's the guy with the sly grin over there, who seemed so charming at the party. Now the music's over, the place is a wreck; and as he takes off his hat for you to fill with coins, you notice 2 little stubs on his scalp that look a bit like horns. He's evil Sara, and you stayed too late at the dance.
                  So now, lots of water today. Rest if you're able, with a house full of men!And get a little exercise.
                  Can you take a walk without out distraction later? Leave the boys with Dad for an hour? Just walk and breathe and reorganize. You are OK... We'll have a fresh start,take this thing apart and begin in earnest to get you a plan to stick to. No promise of 18,000 days AF; no punishment. Don't even say what you're thinking about going AF permanently. It's no easier the first year and the disappointment in yourself for relapsing is even worse. If that's the way you want to go, wait til the depression lifts to make any decisions.Just do a day at a time AF, here and there to break that MOMENTUM. The more you drink,the harder it is to stop.
                  St John said it all and here I am filling up the atmosphere with wordiness.Al Gore would hate me! My hot air is the REAL cause of global warming.
                  I'm going to go read my PM.
                  Later,
                  ~Kid~
                  ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

This Morning's posts on last weeks thread!!

:HAnd on a "creative thread" by KW called "week of December 20th!!:H
                    ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Working...
                    X