Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Health and Wellness for Modders...What is your plan for 2009???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sara...

You can "edit" your posts here for quite a while. Your original plan was so thorough; why don't you add these additions to it and/or move it up in the thread to keep it in plain sight?
    I've been editing mine all morning (as opposed to actually DOING anything on the list!!!):H
    ~Kid~
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
    ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Yes, date night is very important. I don't know about you guys but dress up date night can be really fun!!!
      :teeter:JAMMS

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

"no pain..inside...you're my protection...how do I feel this good SOBER?!"

Comment

JAMMS;514119 wrote: Yes, date night is very important. I don't know about you guys but dress up date night can be really fun!!!
        JAMMS - Totally fun! We like going to the fundraiser charity events that are more formal.
        So much fun and good charities to support. I love animals and kids so those two are the biggies for me.
        Eve11
        "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Ok guys, zed's Year of the Ox (09) self-improvement plan:

1. Stretch all day every day, like a cat
          2. Drink less AL, and when I do, only the stuff that puts a dent in my wallet (so I'll appreciate it more) and that goes down like chocolate, which, with each drop (as opposed to with each glass) can be savoured
          3. Feel my body - break into a sweat every day
          4. Lots of fluids, water, juices, lime water, a tablespoon of honey & lime every morning
          5. Dress well, feel good, shave daily or every other day (no 9 o'clock shadows)
          6. Find out every day about 1 thing I didn't know about, read and think well
          7. Say less, listen more, the world has enough noise in it...
          8. Write some stories
          9. Posture - sit straight, stand tall, remember to relax my face by smiling
          10. As it unfolds before me, feel the holy contours of Life
          11. Breathe deep and consciously, to wake up and Be Alive
          12. Be more gentle

Comment

That's beautiful, Zed. I love it. Sara
            "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Nice Zed...

After I've chopped away with an ax, at the block of wood that is my life, I'll use some of your plan to sand and soften the edges...
              Thanks,
              ~Kid~
              ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Cheers Kid, I like the way you put that. Seriously though, I'm have no doubt in many ways you're way ahead of me. And that I am a heavier, more cumbersome block of wood than you are.

Comment

LOL - Sometimes I feel like I'm granite!!
                  Have a great day.
                  Kid pacting AF today and tomorrow Friday. Friday night is a BIG one for me!!
                  Eve11

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Clarify please

Eve11;514865 wrote: LOL - Kid pacting AF today and tomorrow Friday. Friday night is a BIG one for me!!
                    Eve11
                    Eve,
                    Today is Friday. Are you promising yesterday and TODAY or today and TOMORROW (Saturday)??
                    ~Kid~
                    ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Duh!!! Of course today is Friday. My week is messed up as I didn't work the normal days that I work.
                      AF today - Friday, Jan 9th. ODAT.
                      Eve11

Comment

I think I will start using this thread to post my daily exercise, and I hope others might join in. Today was a swim day, 35 min. I also walked around the block after work (1/2 mile).
                        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Good idea, Sun...

Exercise is part of my plan, although I haven't really started yet (have to renew gym membership) but today I "wogged" for 60 minutes with my dog.
                          Enough to break a sweat only.
                          ~Kid~
                          ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Sun, you're so lucky to have a pool near you... I have a great gym just a hop away.. but unfortunately no swimming facilities. Really love swimming so that's a shame.

Over the last week (other than past 2 days where I've been sick) my routine after work has been 45 minutes on a bike in the gym, followed by light push ups for the pecs for 15 minutes, 3 sets of 25 sit ups for the tummy, followed by getting on the rowing machine and rowing for 2,000 meters. Which takes about 12 minutes to do, and works out to about 250 strokes.

I want to keep going with this daily this month... the 45 minutes on the bike is a MUST, as is the 2km rowing... and the sit ups... all in all, this takes me 1hr and 15 mins.

What I want to add in is stretching and breathing time in the morning. That's not been easy to get into, but I'm going to try to sleep an hour early/ wake up and hour early to give myself the time in the morning after waking up and before work... so I can just sit around and breath and stretch for a while.

There comes a point when one's mind starts playing tricks with you. Like, for example, reading this, I was thinking to myself, "gosh, you're sounding TOO healthy..." But you know what, this is just mind-games... my body trying to keep me in my comfort zone and trying to keep me from breaking the barriers of what I am used to doing for myself. In the end, it's a fight with oneself. We are our own worst enemies...

Comment

:goodjob:Sara, that plan is phenomenal !!! I'm going to print it off and put it in a frame - plagiarise your plan actually. All you guys on this thing rock, I'm inspired.

Comment

Zed,
                                Your active program sounds great. No such thing as too healthy, of course. But good activity and eating can keep the vices at bay.

The stretching I do is on Tues/Thurs a.m, 6:00 - 6:30, like a clock! This time also includes strengthening exercises for my back, knees and hips. I am glued to this routine because this and swimming enable me to maintain all my other physical activities. I had 11 vertebrae fused when I was 12 years old, so my back gets very stiff.

Today I walked the dog around the block, then went out on my 25 min snowshoe walk in the fields behind my house.
                                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                                X