X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad Weekly Thread for January 5, 2009

Kid Shelleen;513947 wrote: And he could make that work to his favor...:H
    Oh gross. I know a Russian joke about that. :H
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

eww!
      :teeter:JAMMS

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

"no pain..inside...you're my protection...how do I feel this good SOBER?!"

Comment

Okay, Children, Let's talk nice! Where's the angst and woe I come here looking for?

Zed! I'm so glad you're back. I hadn't been here long (I was "Getting Better", and morphed into Sarasmiles, remember?) when you disappeared for a while. About the women in the tent, I thought your mantra was "quality not quantity". Or were they all good quality?

Vlad, I love your honesty. Gasoline. For real??? You've come a long way, baby. (Most of you guys are probably too young or un-American to remember that stupid commercial congratulating women on having achieved the lofty height of having a brand of cigarettes just for them.)

Jamms, you're one day behind me (or ahead of me, since more days = more better) on the urge thing. I enjoyed my one glass of wine last night, and of course no hang-over. But I had to mess up the pretty yellow line of zeros on my drink tracker. And I had to come here and "confess". And at the end of two weeks, when you all can say, "woo-hoo, we did it!!" I'll have to say, "Well, I kinda, sorta, almost did it. I was AF except for that one night when I had that one glass of wine..." It just doesn't pack the same punch. So I say, stick with it...Then you can be in the "total success" group, while I'm moping about in the "I almost succeeded" group. :upset:

That being said, I feel bright and cheerful as a daisy today. Scale finally registered a slight loss (1 pound, I'm thinking the wine jump-started my metabolism :H) I had a great morning at work... Turned something I'd written at SMART into a little piece for our office newsletter, about things to do with your young kids when you're stuck in the house on a winter afternoon. Maybe I'll post it here on the "Joys and Stresses of Parenthood" thread, come to think of it. Now I have almost an hour until I pick up the boys. Luxury!

Eve, permanent eye liner? Cool! What color?
        Sunbeam, Startinover, St.John, so nice to hear from you, as always
        Lenaleed, You Can Make it Until 5:00 ....and/or beyond...

Keep up the outstanding work, folks. Sara
        "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

SARA- Thank you for your words of encouragement....if you have time..it would be great if you could post what you've written....I am in charge of the younger kids of the Youth Organization I belong to....I am running out of Winter Activities..any idea would be appreciated.
          :teeter:JAMMS

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

"no pain..inside...you're my protection...how do I feel this good SOBER?!"

Comment

Everybody, HI!

Sara, yes I remember those Virginia Slims ads. Yuck, I'm glad I was never a smoker.
            BTW, have you poked that needle in your eye yet??? Actually, the pact was not very important to me. I am feeling good and confident, with or without it.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who never thought of drinking household products...

Kid, I just noticed that you're in the pact for an AF weekend - good for you! Going AF weekday evenings is relatively easy. But an AF weekend, I felt SO much more in control once I was able to do that.

This whole mods section is really hoppin' !
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Pact Ratz...

Cross my heart,and hope to die; Stick a needle in my eye.."
              * Phrase uttered by children after making a promise to indicate the depth of their sincerity: the speaker is so committed to the action just agreed to that they offer self-inflicted pain and a death wish as proof of their seriousness.
              (Must be accompanied by a gesture of drawing a imaginary "X" across the speaker's own heart, or else it doesn't count.)
              Mod Pacts INVITATIONS:

*JAMMS: Started "the program" (and a 2 week AF/Modder MWO Program Starter thread!)
              ..2 weeks AF until Thursday Jan. 15th(at least) (good luck)
              *Kid: AF Friday, Saturday,Sunday

*KW: Mon,Tues,Wed,Thursday(howdja do?)

*"Blind Sara",St J, and Sunbeam: 2 weeks AF starting Jan 2

.. (Sara and St J are in the "Program" too)

ANYONE ELSE??
              Feel free to join in
              with any ongoing pact
              (or start a new one)
              Remember
              :you've :h "crossed your heart" :h

ModSquad:

Vera-b,Lila,Sunbeam,Kid,Jamms,Ask for Help,janie
              St John,KeepWalking, DeeBee,Sara,Periwinkle,Eve,
              Vlad,Trixietrack,StartingOver,
              Zed, One2many,(Cyclefan,Zeppie,Gyco,J-vo,WIP, and Tawnyfrog visit)
              It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
              ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

hi all and welcome l, thanks one2 and starts for your posts, nice to see you here. well kid done my 4 day pact and am feeling geat, was a bit tired to-day but been v busy at work so will put it down to that. well squad am off for my girlie pamper weekend tomorrow so it will be monday when i login again. will miss my daily fix of mwo. massage, spa, swimming, and the odd glass of le vin to blow away the christmas cobwebs is just the ticket. got weighed in at weightwatchers tonight - OMG - am exactly one stone heavier than this time last year!!! i changed my job this last september and therefore will put it down to the adjustment??? anyway best motivation ever, i will have a good weekend and then am thinking i may try and go af for rest of jan??? will let you know on monday! i aim to walk 10 miles over the weekend so that will help. L just for today aim for no wine till 6, then no wine til 7, baby steps my friend, you have come to the right place. Sarah no worries re the one glass of red wine, you are strong thats what modding is about. Jamms dont spoil your food treat along with a glass of wine by drinking now because you are upset, you will be so mad and having a drink for that reason will make you worse. why dont we all make a pact that if we do have a drink its to celebrate good times and good days and NEVER as a crutch for stuff that upsets us, wine is for pleasure not for nursing wounds? just my view
                if we are angry or upset lets exercise even if just a walk round the block, it will keep us mentally strong.
                love to all
                Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

Looks like I will be AF the rest of this week too. Just so busy - I don't have TIME to drink!
                  Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Sarasmiles;513984 wrote:
                    Vlad, I love your honesty. Gasoline. For real??? You've come a long way, baby.
                    Well it was just a lick, I've never gone to a pump and squirted it into my mouth! :H

It tasted like...well...diesel.

A funny story though. I liked to paint and drink vodka at the same time, and quite often used to find myself drinking the water for cleaning my brush and cleaning my brush in my vodka. :H
                    I'd still drink my vodka with paint in as well. Good job I wasn't oil painting and using white spirit - oh yeah I know what that tastes like too...

Comment

you really are the crazy russian, but love ya x

Comment

I always fancied drinking my car windscreen wash, the smell of that made me crave real bad.

Comment

Not the screenwash I use now though - it just smells like gluey washing up liquid!?!!! :yuk:

Comment

hey vlad how you doing with your 5lbs chirstmas weight?

Comment

This morning I weighed myself, I'm now 8 10?. But I ate a doughnut today and some chocolate, crisps and a lemon fanta besides my sandwich and evening meal - which wasn't healthly either - pastie, chips and beans. There were only about 5 chips mind!

Comment

Tomorrow I'll be having soup for dinner.

Comment

Working...
                                X