Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad's Weekly Thread for the Week of January 19th

Gyco,
    Thanks. For problem drinkers I really think modding can work. For severe alcoholics (alcohol in the mouthwash gets them off) maybe not. Anyway, we modders are working it ODAT just like the Af'ers
    so thanks for the encouragement.
    DHS-Good to hear from you again. Sara - per your post #88 - know it's not easy. My thoughts are with you. Maybe you and some of the others who can really relate should pm for additional support if needed.
    Keep-You're doing great with your WW! From your points to start with I know you're not much overweight to start with. Good job! I made a New Year's goal of at least 1/2 lb per week (would like to lose about 7#) and I've met my goal each work so far. I put it in writing and am accountable by attending the meetings -just like coming here helps with the drinking. Plus at the WW meetings - I can take so much of the info and apply it to drinking and it's a great help.
    Hi to everyone else. Hard to believe it's a new week tomorrow.
    Take care.
    Eve11
    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Sarasmiles;529264 wrote: What is it with you girls and permanent eyeliner?
      Sara,
      My eyeliner washes away constantly as I have allergies to a lot of the trees where I live.
      I recently kept running into friends who had had it done & LOVED it. Then I started noticing women's eyebrows and it seems the beautiful ones were the permanent eyebrows.
      Went to a friend's house one night and her friend does the permanent make-up. Because I'm a natural blonde with light eyebrows she talked me into the eyebrows as well saying it would really make my face "stand out". She was right! The eyebrows are great as well.
      Gotta run-hubby wants to work out.
      Eve11

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Sara
        maybe we can't draw a straight line.
        Lila

Comment

Lila, that's a good point!!

Sara,
          We can't draw straight lines...that's right!

Sarasmiles;529264 wrote: What is it with you girls and permanent eyeliner? I've never known anyone in my life who had permanent eyeliner, but then I meet a bunch of recovering drunks and it's all the rage??:H What's wrong with putting a little on every morning?
          It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
          ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Ok, it's Sunday friends, and we're talking eyeliner and husbands. Now, Kid, I wasn't dissing you my friend. I was only pointing out the physical fact that you don't have to deal with PMS, and that you should be grateful. We females are blessed with the privilege of bringing children into the world, but cursed with the hormones that make it all possible. Not a rant, just a fact. Sometimes it's an inconvenient truth and we have to deal. Didn't mean any disrespect, sir.

And to Sara, I'm so sorry to hear that your husband has been less than attentive. Worries of the heart can be disheartening, so hang on - perhaps happier times are ahead. Just know that your MWO friends are in your corner. And good to hear from your DHS! And Deebs and Vlad - hope all is well in "your world". Winding down for the weekend ---

Vera-b

Comment

No offense taken!!

Vera,
              I was taking it all in jest, no worries! I just thought it was funny that anyone would think men don't know about PMS!! We believe we take the brunt of all those unpredictable hormone surges.
              Kid
              It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
              ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

oh dear, are we getting too feminine here? Is this too much for you, Kid?? Hope not!
                Vanity is healthy, you know! Did you join a health club?
                Oh Vera, aren't we complicated? How can a man understand us when we can't understand us!!
                Stop throwing shoes everyone!

Comment

vera-b;529344 wrote: Ok, Now, Kid, I wasn't dissing you my friend. I was only pointing out the physical fact that you don't have to deal with PMS, and that you should be grateful.
                  Vera-b
                  Funny how we can read things or take things differently.
                  I don't think Kid felt dissed. I would guess that Cat knows exactly what you're talking about so Kid has experienced it as well!!
                  LOL
                  Eve11

Comment

Working...
                  X