Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vlad's Journal

Hi Vlad,

Just goes to show you don't need AL to enjoy the party!! We went to a party last night to celebrate the local youth center (student union) and with just 2 small glasses of wine had a ball dancing the night away. I think the AL says more about us than the event . . . go figure.

Vera-b

Comment

Vlad's Journal

Last night hubby and I decided to have a quiet night in. We've been sooooooo busy the last 2 weeks. We shared a bottle of wine that interestingly had been in the fridge (note in the fridge) since Christmas. Amazing. I had kept thinking about it though but had decided it would be best to keep it for an appropriate moment. That appropriate moment was last night. Although being interrupted by a phone call from the mother-in-law and hubby's uncle (each call lasting half an hour) was not too appropriate!!! :H
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Vlad's Journal

Vlad,
        I am so happy for you. You seem to be doing MUCH better this month than last month. Holidays are hard for many reasons. On to better things!
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Vlad's Journal

Hate it when those relatives call at our "times together" I swear they have the house bugged...It happens almost weekly and is never on the same day or at the same time...How do they do it ???
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Vlad's Journal

I'm not sure that you two are talking about the same thing...

But we're always open to hearing about "appropriate moments" and "times together"!!:H
            Vlad, how did you amuse yourself while hubby was on the phone???
            It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
            ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Vlad's Journal

Evielou,

You're dead on. MIL called last night just as we were sitting down to a lovely dinner. Hubby told her he'd call back later after our meal. How did she know???? I guess it's always "all about 'her'". Sometimes ya just gotta laugh.

Vera-b

Comment

Vlad's Journal

Me too went out on Saturday nite with my darling and just had one glass of wine
                sigpic Brand new

Comment

Vlad's Journal

Kid Shelleen;530083 wrote:
                  Vlad, how did you amuse yourself while hubby was on the phone???
                  I just sat there putting on a 'I'm fed up' face.
                  Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Vlad's Journal

In Details;530123 wrote: Me too went out on Saturday nite with my darling and just had one glass of wine
                    Great going ID!

Comment

Vlad's Journal

OK so... the last few Mondays I've been AF. But not last night - I was off out to my singing group practice and hubby asked if I'd get some beer. Wouldn't have bothered otherwise but because he asked... Guess I need some disciplinary practice saying 'No!'. After all it is the 4th day in a row I've had a drink. But to be honest, it's not bothered me in the slightest. I had 2 cans.

Once I mentioned to my mum we'd had the bottle of wine she'd given us 'on Monday night'. Her response was, 'What? Drinking on a Monday?' And another occasion in the past I'd mentioned to a colleague I'd had a drink on a Wednesday evening. Their response was, 'What? Drinking on a school night?' Funny as alcoholics the day doesn't seem to matter to us...

But I also know this, it now doesn't bother me if I don't drink at the weekend. And I've begun to find pubs boring again.

What am I doing this evening? Grocery shopping. And no, vodka is NOT on the list.

Then I have a website to update and 2 reports to write... BORING!

Comment

Vlad's Journal

vlad;530391 wrote: Once I mentioned to my mum we'd had the bottle of wine she'd given us 'on Monday night'. Her response was, 'What? Drinking on a Monday?' And another occasion in the past I'd mentioned to a colleague I'd had a drink on a Wednesday evening. Their response was, 'What? Drinking on a school night?' Funny as alcoholics the day doesn't seem to matter to us...
                        My Mum used to say the same thing to me!!
                        Oh and drinking when the sun was still shining was a huge NO-NO in her eyes.
                        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Vlad's Journal

Great read

Just caught up to you Vlad, Great reading, except for your Gramms, hope she is feeling better. Funny how the older we get the more we want to live and stay busy.

I especially love the part about God vs vodka as you put it, "Come on, I can see it, hand it over". Totally got a visual on that one, too cute.

Glad to hear you are doing so well. You sound like you've got your head on pretty straight and your Faith and working with young people WOW . . . Great Stuff.

Comment

Vlad's Journal

Only just read your post Polar, don't know why I hadn't seen it earlier.

God gave me another picture also:

He showed me a rope tied to a heavy load, the top of the rope was all frayed and there was only a few strands keeping it from breaking.
                            God was saying to me, 'Just let go...'

No guesses what the heavy load represented!!!

Comment

Vlad's Journal

I will be continuing my journal here...

Vlad's Journal

Comment

Working...
                              X