Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad's Weekly Thread for the Week of January 26th

ray: Please pray for me.
    I don't have much to say today other than I am in great despair.
    I am staying sober and that is a very good thing.
    I will catch up with you all later.
    Toughen up!

Comment

Oh,Delta...

Oh Delta....
      Now what's the matter with YOU???
      The problem is; all my girls get on the same CYCLE...
      They start PMSing together, having their PERIODS together (even if they can't have periods, they start having MENTAL periods),
      and then they all start being SAD at the same time...Where is Zed??
      My shoulders can only take so much!
      Come over here Delta, and tell us what's the matter, if you can.
      If you can't tell us, just talk to us so we can share this despair.
      Is it anything that a bunch of ex-drunk experts in nothing can put their heads together and solve..or is it worse?
      We're here for ya.
      ~Kid~
      It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
      ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Thinking of you, Delta, and sending prayers...let us know how you are...
        Sara, I hope things get better, and it sounds like they will!

Comment

Delta Moon;530571 wrote: ray: Please pray for me.
          I don't have much to say today other than I am in great despair.
          I am staying sober and that is a very good thing.
          I will catch up with you all later.
          Don't worry about having much to say - will pray for you Delta. I know that God knows how you are feeling and pray He will hold you in His loving arms.
          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Delta -- prayers . . . . . Lena

Comment

I've said my prayer for you, Delta...and if you want to share more, we're here. Love, Sara
              "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

hi everyone, just a little light update from me as it sounds like a few here have 'stuff' to deal with!! Delta hope your ok??? Sarah glad you got a nice hug, lila well done on resisting the wine, sunbeam you are an inspiration to me as your relationship with A is the absolute ideal so please keep posting, Eve glad you are staying on track with the ww, and deebee love your humour and talk of sunshine, everyone else a big hi. Well, i managed to loose another 1.5 pounds this week so thats 6 in two weeks!!! feeling really strong right now, did yoga tonight which i am finding great for mind body and soul. Have managed to do about 12.000 steps every day including a bit of jogging, my dogs are loving me at the moment!! exercise is the best anti depressant i know, , Kid how is the gym going? Deebee get in that pool girl!!

lila/eve got info on the perm eye liner so am checking it out! End of the month soon, payday yippee! il ove the winter and logs crackling but will be nice to the lighter evenings and more bird song in the morning to wake me up. I am going out to a beautiful italian restaurant on friday evening and i shall enjoy a fab meal and share a bottle of nice wine with my friend, it will be the first drink in 3 weeks and i shall enjoy it, i love this mod life, well done to all us modders, long may it continue,!! x
                Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

Delta Moon,
                  You have my prayers. I'm imagining your husband is in the middle of what is wrong. It is good you have learned that adding your drinking makes the stew worse.

Thanks for the kind thoughts from everyone. I'm still around, especially not much too say about the eyeliner thing except OUCH! I also seem unable to lose weight like "everybody else", so that is discouraging. But i finished the valance for my kitchen window with 3" bead trim, very cute. And I have hopes for a snow day tomorrow.

And Al is not a problem in my life. I had one glass of wine with a restaurant meal over the weekend. Perfect. Previously my husband and I used to always polish off a bottle with a meal out. That really is too much wine to drive safely. One of would agree to be the driver, and drink less, but it was still less than ideal. So for the past year I have rarely (never?) had wine with a meal out, until now. This is a good balance for me.

Keeps, congrats on your 3 weeks. I'm always curious about how much AF time it takes to break the cycle for a moderator. Probably would be an interesting thread.

Take care, I love you all!
                  My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I have a list...

...Of people and situations I pray for and I've put you on it...
                    I don't know anything about your burden, Delta.
                    I pray for your peace and well-being.
                    I have prayed for Sara's peace and happiness,too...
                    I tried to be the light touch before; but reading my post in the circle of females I thought I might sound a little insensitive.
                    This is not the case.
                    I'm glad we are all together.
                    I'm glad we can find some level of support with people who do their best to be true friends; even within the limitations we have here.
                    I hope you feel like this is a safe place to find some degree of refuge and friendship and support.
                    ~Kid Shelleen~
                    ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

:l Thank you for the prayers and encouraging words.
                      May you all be blessed.
                      Toughen up!

Comment

Just a few words before bedtime,

Hi all fellow mod squaddies! Was at Bible study tonight and we were talking about how Bible study affects our daily outlook. I was thinking about this as I read Delta's post, and keeping Sara's posts in my mind as well. I'm with Vlad - the best thing we can offer both of you are our heartfelt prayers. I truly hope you both discover some happiness in your personal circumstances, but in the meantime know that we all care about you and will definitely pray for you. Lila, sounds like you're making some great progress; and DB, you're hilarious. I so wish I had the chance to visit S. Africa. To the rest of the squad, a fond good night.

Vera-b

Comment

My evening...

After taking my Honey-haired -girl sledding today and being disappointed with the plastic sleds that replaced the semi-acceptable ones we used to have; I've spent the evening looking for a "damn-good-sled".
                          Here's what I got:

Amazon.com: Mountain Boy Sledworks Classic Flyer: Sports & Outdoors

I hope we still have snow by the time it gets here!
                          ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

God bless you all!

My life has been so trying as my 21 yr. marriage is unravelling........forgive me for not sharing more. I am a very private person and sharing on-line is a new and still uncomfortable thing for me to do. I am so thankful for all of you and the lessons I am learning from you.

I have come from a place where alcohol and life intersect and at times collide. Where mere existence includes the ever-present drink- at -hand or at least the customary toast (segue into binge). I came to MWO to break away from the chains that held me- the daily drinking out of control and the inability to cope without AL.
                            I am learning from all of you how to become free from these bonds and then how to control the flow and how to moderate.

Thank you all for being there for me and loving me. I love you too.
                            Toughen up!

Comment

Kid- you make me laugh and may you find " the sled of the gods!"

thank you, Sara, Lena, Lila, Keeps, vlad (nyepski les proscata):H , Sunbeam, Lila, DeeBee Sara, you sweet heart
                              and dear gyco who pops up when needed every time. Zed, are you back? And my dear Eve, what would I do without you?

May our God bless you all and keep you. (sober) :H
                              Toughen up!

Comment

Another One!

Unbelievably, we have another snow day, so I'm going back to bed in a minute!
                                Cat is off work, snuggled in and keeping my place warm while I checked the weather and closings.
                                HHG is snoozing softly with Lazydog protecting the couch by the fireplace(up late watching movies together).
                                Our world is covered in snow and ice, there's an eery silence outside except for the occasional salt truck or plow.
                                With all of us home, and if anything is open, it will be an exceptional opportunity for family fun today:
                                our favorite coffee shop, restaurant and movie theatre within walking distance.
                                "Me " update:
                                I've been in touch with a friend lately that has reawakened me...
                                I'm starting to write poetry again and I feel like the brightness has been turned up on a screen I didn't realize was growing dim.
                                I'm not sure my friend can stay around, but my life is never going to be the same (Thank God)
                                I thought it was OK before...but I was sleepwalking.

I celebrated the snow last night with some of the best beer I've had in my life, one bottle (generously sized). The Mod Life is the Good Life!

I started a much needed conversation with my mate, inspired by the work you all are doing on your relationships. There is no turning back on this "waking-up" thing!

I had a trainer help me put together a plan at the Gym yesterday, and I'll go back today.

I have friends I can yammer to online at 6 in the morning.

For the moment, at least, life is moving toward "good".
                                Wishing my Modder Friends well,
                                ~Kid~
                                ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Working...
                                X