Mod Squad's Weekly Thread for the Week of January 26th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning everyone! I had a pretty boring evening spent grocery shopping, updating websites and writing reports. Was 9.30pm when I finished. Hey, was AF though!
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Hi Everyone...What a wonderful, warm, cozy environment to pop into this morning. Kid, you sound sooo good, and I'm really happy for you.

I think the prayers of all of you are helping...Things feel a bit better with my hubby, and we had a good talk last night...Not at the level I really wish for, but still, it's a start. He wants me to be happy, and he doesn't want to be the source of my unhappiness. Sounds pretty basic, I know, but believe it or not, that's a lot for him to be able to say! :H Kid, Zed, can't you spread some of your sensitivity around to all the other men in the world?

Delta, Lila, I hope you're feeling a little brighter today. Keep, congrats on the weight loss! That must feel so great. Sunbeam, it's wonderful to hear how settled you are with your drinking. "NOT A PROBLEM IN MY LIFE"! WOW! You know we all want you to stick around and stay in touch, but also will understand if you feel ready to "move on" and let go. You would be greatly missed, but we are all here to try and move on, right? Just as we want our children to spread their wings and fly (and yet never want to let them go).

Speaking of childdren, mine are rocking the house. SNOW DAY today. Love to Vera, Vlad, and anyone else I missed. Have a great day. Sara
      "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

For DM...

Angels are all around us
        And with love they do surround us
        When your heart is sore and in need
        The Angels come, your soul to feed

They come to you from up above
        And sing in whispers of love
        When in your heart you feel a tug
        Know that it's an Angel's hug

Sending a little Angel hug to warm your heart and bless your day.

Love Dee
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Afternoon Deebs!
          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

hi modders
            Delta, I had no idea! Are you sad about this, or relieved, scared? There is a divorce thread in the general section...and there are ways to repair things... I don't know what to say. I hope today is a good one for you. You can PM me if you want. I know what you mean about this being a public forum. Lots of times I want to mention things in my life, but then I feel funny about it and don't.

almost February! I am so looking forward to warm weather someday. Maybe have a garden in the backyard...
            Lila

Comment

Hey Vladster!!
              It is raining buckets today -- can you believe?!?? So no swim this arvie for me unless I want to get washed away ( I am a bit of a light-weight lol).
              I must tell you... I busted my daughter trying to wear lipstick to school this morning WTF!! Where does she even get this stuff from. So when I got home just now, I saw it lying on her desk and thought I'd try it out. It's one of those double sided ones so you put the colour on first and then gloss over it.
              Weeeeeel, it is so bloody permanent my lips are now sticking together!! That will teach me to snoop in my daughters room.
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Ha Ha ha...

DeeBee,
                I look at your avatar and imagine you in lipstick that won't come off!! :H
                It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
                ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

DeeBee;531021 wrote:
                  Weeeeeel, it is so bloody permanent my lips are now sticking together!! That will teach me to snoop in my daughters room.
                  I have some of that, but I've lost the gloss stick for the top coat. Yep, it is pretty permanent, means you don't have to keep re-doing it throughout the day.

Comment

Oops lights have gone out again...

Comment

Sara -- I KNEW you'd get a snow day! Nothing like a thundering herd on a windfall holiday to brighten the spirit! Are you going to make grilled cheese sandwiches? Your husband says he doesn't want to be the source of your sadness . . . that is over-the-top profound. Speaks volumes. A real start.

DeeBee -- I went to get groceries yesterday and saw Ceres pear juice! I was stunned! They just got it in. How do you pronounce it? I'm having friends over tonight and will break it out.

Kid -- You hit the motherlode with that sled. We never could find one when kids were little. We'd put ski wax on their plastic ones. Now you need to find HHG a wool snowsuit so thick it that makes her arms stick out at the sides and some red rubber galoshes that fit over the shoes to go with that sled. I hope all the personal growth does not kill the dry wit. We need the levity factor.

Delta -- I am sending you a pm later.

All others -- know you are appreciated.

Oh!! Saw Slumdog Millionaire last night with my daughter! Best movie ever!

Comment

Good morning, all!

I must confess- I had 3 glasses of red vino last night. My late night post must have sounded dis-jointed. My H came over to talk and I was nervous so hit the bottle before he arrived. I don't feel so well today and want to get back to the clean AF days I had going before the caca hit the fan.
                        I can do it!

One of the things I recommended for him was to get into a program to help him break away from his addiction to AL. He thinks he can do it alone. Breaking those old habits is so hard and if you don't have a support system I just don't know if it is possible.

Thank you for all of your prayers.

Kid- you were so funny yesterday- not at all insensitive. You are a good man to hang in here with all of the hormones bouncing around! I agree with Sara- can you please spread some of that understanding and sensitivity around-most men I know could use a good dose!:H

DeeBee what a funny image I got of you trying on your D's lipstick. "Stick" is right, huh?:blush: Got to go get some more Ceres- drank all of the mango and the medley already. So good!
                        vlad -I so appreciated your kind words about how our Lord will hold us close. Thanks, my friend. Why do the lights keep going out?

I know Eve is having lots of difficulties with FIL and I will pray for that for you, my friend.

Lena I look forward to your p.m.

Lila-are you o.k. today? How about a trip to the sunny southwest? Might do you some good. I am relieved in many ways to be going thru this time in my marriage- lots of stuff I have suppressed is coming out and I am able to talk about now. Liberating in many ways. How are you doing with your relationship to AL?

zed, are you back?

I know I have not mentioned everyone- just know how much I love to land here and visit with all of you!

Blessings-DM
                        Toughen up!

Comment

lenaleed;531173 wrote:
                          All others -- know you are appreciated.
                          You hate me really I know... :upset: :H:H:H

Joking, I am joking...

Comment

Delta Moon;531220 wrote:
                            Why do the lights keep going out?
                            They are on auto-sensor. Energy saving. If I stay still for long enough they go out.

Comment

Hi vlad-got to learn some Russian to throw your way :H
                              Toughen up!

Comment

Snow Day...Hooray...NOT. The kids are nuts. The dog is nuts. We're going out, but nobody, especially me, really wants to. I want a snow day all to myself...With a fire and a good book, and silence. Blessed silence!!

My nerves are raw. The snow is falling hard, and the roads are bad. Ugh.

That's all. :H
                                "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Working...
                                X