Mod Sqaud's Weekly Thread for the Week of February 2, 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sunbeam hope you enjoyed your walk xx have changed my avatar to reflect love and hope for february i think i will start each new month with a new avatar just to refresh me. x
    Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

HI all: Everyone sounds so good, and Kid, I'm sending this Christmas card so I get one back. Nice new avatar.

I can relate to Kid's comment about how much better AF feels when you've had a moderating day. Or even last Saturday, a bit more than normal. I'm a person that holds everything in, lives within the lines, doesn't cross boundaries etc. etc. I'm not suggesting using alcohol to excess, but I must say on Saturday I set down to have 2 drinks and get some work done so I could enjoy Sunday. A needy friend called and we chatted about our challenging 14 year old daughters and even cried a bit and 1 had 4 glasses of wine, and instead of feeling remorseful or bad since then, I'vefelt TERRIFIC. RELEASED> I think the bit of guilt the next day got me cleaning the house and getting the work done that I'd missed. But the following 2 AF days felt like pure, pure heavenly bliss. Nothing better. Better than being AF forever. Truly. (Don't tell everyone else this tho'!)

Anyway, sweet daughter now tells me she needs computer for homework so will need to check in later.
      Fondly,
      Ask

Comment

Ok; another day done...

Hey gang,
        Kid is finishing the dishes here: because that's the deal,
        Cat makes crazy new foods for me and when the meal is through,
        the HHG clears the table and then I hit the kitchen.

Tonight's meal was "Beef and Shallot Stew".
        I am in absolute gustatory heaven!
        BTW, it also takes a WHOLE bottle of Shiraz wine in the juices to stew for 2 hours.
        (PM me if you must have the recipe)

So here I am, trying to do the dishes and put the leftovers away.
        I dug up some music for the occasion...Jim Morrison (The Doors)
        I'm "dancing" around the kithchen to a long version of "LA Woman"...
        Who can get any work done?
        This is great!

It gets done eventually. The dishes are piled precariously in the drainer.
        I'm kicked back in the ol' leather recliner, killing off the last swallow of wine...
        I forgot to say; the recipe took one bottle MINUS one glass of very tasty Shiraz wine (Australian) that Cat saved just for me.
        The Mod Life is the Good Life !!

Good Night Modders!!!
        ~Kid Shelleen~
        It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
        ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Happy Tuesday all,

My Tuesday night Jesus class was cancelled once again because of the weather. Dear hubby is outside clearing the driveway for the umpteenth time since Dec. These winter storms are getting far too frequent and far too annoying. I'm saying bah humbug to winter storms!!!!

Deebs, you are the best! Quitting smoking is supposed to be more difficult than getting off heroin, though I must admit I'll never personally know (whew!!). You are to be commended for tackling the beast and winning. May your lips never see a cancer stick again. Vlad, I think you're one of the most interesting friends on this site. You're no alkie - you'd never have the enthusiasm for trips to Finland or anywhere for that matter if all you wanted was the next drink. I think we've all left those days far behind, thank God!! Eve, Keep, Sun, Delta - it's always good to hear from y'all. Sounds like everyone is doing their utmost. Keep up the good attitude, even if it is the dreggs of winter.

Vera-b

Comment

Back in Beijing this morning. What's the word on the street children? Siberia was beautiful.

Comment

vera-b;537380 wrote: You'd never have the enthusiasm for trips to Finland or anywhere for that matter if all you wanted was the next drink.
              This time last year all I did think about was were the next drink was coming from.
              Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Siberia Zed? Jealous.
                Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Oh honestly, I'm at work and just heard the words 'VLAD DOES!' (OK, I've substituted my MWO name there...). I emailed the person who the voice came from with subject 'my ears are burning' and the message 'Vlad does what?' and this was the reply...

'We were on about drinking vodka straight and J said she couldnt do it and I said that you do cos you're a hardcore russian vodka drinker. '

Once you get a reputation... haven't had any vodka since 03/01/09... oh no, hold on... that's a lie, had 1 double at the weekend.

Comment

The Honey Haired Girl...

My daughter should pick my lottery numbers
                    (and I should start playing):H
                    She has ANOTHER SNOW DAY TODAY!!!!

So I am going back to bed my friends!
                    (Getting that new sled out later)
                    ~Kid~
                    ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Morning Kid!

Something I posted on the Army Thread made me think about this.

When I was in Moscow, we were talking with a Russian about drink driving law. In Russia, you are not allowed even one drink and then drive because the government know it will never be just one drink. Their classic response was:

'Who can make one drink last two hours anyway? No one.'
                      (I had this image of someone nursing a 40ml shot of vodka for two hours!) :H

Hubby tried to explain you'd have one drink and then just have soft drinks afterwards.

'Oh, I suppose - I'd not thought of that.' they said.

And they concluded.

'I really like beer though.' They said it a few times.

Comment

Another one...

A German goes to a Russian bar (they had Russian and German beers) and asks: 'Which beer is best?'
                        The Russian barman replies: 'Vodka!'
                        The German: 'Nein, nein, nein, bier, bier!!!'
                        The Russian's reply was: 'Well Russian beer of course - Bochka!'

The Russian barman had an obvious problem because I noticed that everytime someone ordered vodka, if none of the other staff were looking he snuck himself some in a coffee cup!

Saw him the next morning - he looked rough, great dark rings under his eyes. Reminded me of myself when I drank it everyday.

Comment

Chivalry isn't dead...

Hi Vlad!
                          OK, so who can sleep??
                          Even with my daughter, the dog, and myself cozied in; who can sleep knowing the Mom of the household, the center of our universe, is up getting ready for work?

Up I go...
                          I made her lunch and put it in her backpack with a bottle of water.
                          Oh, the car...
                          I go out and sweep 4 inches of snow off of it, luckily there's no ice to scrape.
                          Well, I'm totally awake NOW; and since HHG and I could actually use the bigger vehicle today for sleds and stuff, I might as well drive Cat to work, right?
                          That it correct. What other choice is there for a considerate man?
                          Well, I'm trying.
                          ~Kid~
                          ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

ZED, ZED ZED IS BACK!!!
                            (from Pulp fiction in case you all thought I'd just lost my marbles lol)
                            What's news in Siberia BB?

Kid, my daughter bought hubby a coffee mug for Xmas that says "I'm Cooking" and you turn it over and it says "You're washing up" If I remember correctly it's one from the Jamie Olivier range.

Ooops just ran out of time.... I have to dash quick and take my poor boy back to the vet -- he got the snip (more like a CHOP) on friday and "things" are swellling up at an alarming rate so I'll see you all later.
                            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Deebs....

"my poor boy"... that's an odd way to refer to one's hubby... but under the circumstances I would have to agree. Alarming. Lol!

Siberia...aaah... it's getting warmer, but it's still damn cold up there.

Vlad, read this and thought of you needless to say.

http://www.moscowtimes.ru/article/600/42/374157.htm

Comment

LOL Zed! Two Russian pilots were prevented from flying an aircraft in the UK due to them being intoxicated. They commented, 'Oh, the beer tasted so weak, we thought we'd be OK!'

:H:H:H

Comment

Working...
                                X