• Show
Clear All

Mod Squad Weekly Thread 9th Feb

Thanks Deebers...I'm hanging :H
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Start and Deebs- some of the fatigue you are experiencing is the removal of the toxins from your system. Drink lots of water and herbal tea to flush these out and you will feel so much better. Lots of exercise too will help. I know you are so tired but if you can give yourslf a push to get the heart rate up and then flood yourself with water you will clean your system up quicker and have more energy.
      Blessings
      Toughen up!

Comment

Eve- I'm praying for you and your family.

Where are our boys? Kid and zed we miss you!
        Toughen up!

Comment

SAMe anyone??

I'm so sorry!!
          I owe my girls a nice long post...
          and you're going to get one...
          soon;
          I promise...
          But not right this minute!
          Is this why women think men keep making promises they can't keep..
          BECAUSE IT'S TRUE???

I'm sitting here now with credit card in hand
          and am deliberating buying the SAMe Supplement from the MWO Store.
          Has anyone in Mods tried it?
          If so, what do you think?

I've been intermittently using a brain food called "Choline Cocktail"
          and I've let myself run out.
          Now what can I feed my brain?
          ~Kid~
          It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
          ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Hey Kid, we missed you!!

Yes, I tried it when I first went AF -- I can't honestly say whether it was the SAMe, the kudzu or dozen of other pills I was on tho.

What about Omega Oils? Are you taking those?
            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Thanks DeeBee...

I missed you too.
              Sometimes these days just get ahead of me!

I AM on a different brand of Omega Qil type supplement, thanks.
              I believe in giving back to our poor wrung out bodies after all the abuse we've given them, so I do take a reasonable amout of supplements.
              I'm even more vigilant now that I've cut back on my calorie intake and eating less.:dancingskelSkinny Man!)

The Choline Cocktail and SAMe would go beyond replacing depleted nutrients and actually tickle our brain cells, giving us a mental boost and a better attitude.
              I think I'm going to buy both and do a comparison.
              More later!
              ~Kid~
              ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Mi Mi Mi Mi

Good day modders, happy Tuesday

Just back from my three month checkup. Did I mention that I love my Doctor? For one thing he resembles Jermaine on Flight of the Conchords so for that reason alone he always makes me smile. Reason number 2 he took me seriously when I said I wanted Topamax and to follow the MWO program. He read the book! He prescribes Topamax now for problem drinkers! He is not stuck in the AA model (although that was his first suggestion to me when I first saw him, poor boy just didn't know any better.) Reason number three, although he's not a huge supplements guy, being traditionally schooled, he's not 100% against them like so many MD's, so he encourages and supports my supplement use and actually helps me with good information. Reason number 4 he didn't make me get a PAP smear today, said after menopause with no abnormal history every three years is sufficient. :thanks:

Since November I have lost 31 lbs., my last two blood pressure readings were slightly below normal and he suggested I go off the blood pressure medication, I sleep through the night now, he said to try Fish Oil instead of going back on cholesterol meds, so it looks like for now the only medication I'm on will be thyroid. I'm stoked people. STOKED!

Like Kid says, the Mod life is a good life. I can't remember the last time I was this happy.

Sorry I don't mention everyone by name, but I think of you all and hope you days are good and your nights are better. xo Beth
                vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Eve sorry for your loss.
                  way to go cycle.....that bike is taking you places!!!!! Great job.
                  Deeb, valentines day silly! I think I will try the afbeer...in a martini glass!
                  I love reading the posts and love all the advice, support, stories. Thank you.
                  Going AF for a stretch was not what i intended when i started this...but now, I think its the right way for me. I still want to be mod and i think i can but....first things first. AF for at least 30 days.
                  hope you are all having good days...:l
                  a ship in the harbor is a safe ship...but ships were not built for harbors.....

Comment

We have a GREAT bunch here!!

I LOVE you guys..
                    girls..
                    women..
                    whatever.
                    ~KiD~
                    :heart::heart::heart:
                    ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Hi Within,
                      I'm in my mid-50's so night sweats are the menopausal norm. But it was much worse when I drank, now it is rarely a problem. I have probably finished that phase.

Good for you deciding to do that AF time. I think there are some who don't, but I'm not sure how much they are able to change their lives. I think you want your life back, and this I believe is an important step.

Everybody, I hope you are all well.
                      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

good night

sleep tight everyone....
                        I'm off to bed. I did it. Another day and I feel good!
                        take good care:l
                        a ship in the harbor is a safe ship...but ships were not built for harbors.....

Comment

Done Pouting

Hi friends. It wasn't my intent to go off in a snit. I felt responsible starting a thread that got some pm crap directed at my friends but no more mention of it and let's just get down to business . . . life . . .

Eve -- Why are we not surprised that you wrote the obituary for your father-in-law. You are the anchor. You've been in my prayers for strength for you and yours. I phoned ahead for a heat wave in South Dakota for you. Looks like He got that message and will flood you all with His warmth.

Deebs -- I quit smoking 25 yrs ago and remember feeling something no one told me to expect: I was lonely for my cigs. WTF! I found myself literally crying about it. Do as Delta Moon says and drink water. My craving never came back once I got them behind me. But it takes a vet to know how brave you are. Aye aye, Cap'n!

Cycle, Squirrel (you know who you are), Sunbeam. Lila, Sara . . .

Kid, Oh you!

I truly love you all

Lena

Comment

I'm sorry I've been so absent my dear modder friends - so much life to live, so little time . . . when you're not drinking your life away, there's so much more to do!! Spent the last weekend with daughter #1 on a "girls' weekend out" adventure to Charleston, SC and we had a ball. We went shopping, out to dinner, pampered with a couple of pedicures, saw a historic plantation, and went to church in a congregation that was established in 1690-something. That's my excuse for not checking in - that, and I've found I'm just not as needy. I hope you all have a great week - I'll be checking in from time to time, though probably only occasionally. Love to you all----

Vera-b

Comment

Morning Squad,

It's great to s*see* everyone back again. Still a couple of regulars missing but I'm hoping they are lurking (Hi BB).

I shouldn't even be on-line... naughty naughty DB, I must hit the road now and go see clients but I really don't want to. It is miserable wet weather outside which does not beckon me to go travelling.
                              Oh well, (sigh) let me head out -- see you all a bit later.

Happy Hump Day:-)
                              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Well I spent a good part of my day stuck in a traffic jam, watching the dude in front of me smoke cigarrette after cigarette after cigarette.... I won't lie and tell you I was quite happy to sit there watching him because seriously I nearly climbed out the car and zicked one off him.... but I didn't. Instead I practiced my breathing and counting (Wip has been teaching us to meditate if anyone is intersted).

Kid, I was thinking this morning after reading your post that really I have this cupboard full of suppliments, vitamins and amino acids but half the time I can't remember what they are supposed to do. I am a big believer in the Omega oils and the L-Glut but I have to wonder about the GABA and 5HTP.... Is it not the same as me taking a "happy pill"??

Within, duh, I feel rather blonde -- of course Valentines!! What's everyones plans.... do you support it or not? Me personally, I love any opportunity to exchange gifts and celebrate life and love. I have bought hubby a chilli plant -- to tell him he's HOT! LOL
                                And good on you Within for planning before hand how you are going to approach you Valentines AF.

Vera, you are sounding fantastic!! I fully understand you not "needing" to check in so often -- just know that we are thinking of you:-)

WHooooHoooo Cycle on getting a great report from your Doc!!

Lena, thanks for the support!!

Hi Sun, Vladster (when are you back), Ask and St J (are you lurking?)

Comment

Working...
                                X