• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad Weekly Thread 9th Feb

Whoaaa...

Ask!!!
    10 days?
    This sounds like FUN! :h:h:h
    A new love interest just in time for Valentine's Day!!

Lena:
    Do I have to get polish?
    Can't she just play with my toes?
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
    ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

From urbandictionary.com

This phrase is usually used as "You can stuff your sorries in a sack, mister!", meaning that however much a person apologizes, their apology will not be accepted. Made popular by George in the Seinfeld "India" episode.
      Jerry: George, I'm sorry I slept with Nina.

George: You can stuff your sorries in a sack, mister!

Jerry: I wish you'd quit saying that!

G'night, all

Comment

good morning mawd

happy valentines day....wont you be mine.:lilheart:

Off to run some errands and get the day going....how bout you all?

Each day i feel stronger...thanks you guys!

Poetry from Kid...French from Delta...I'm glad we have some quality tv quotes as well. Thanks Lena!!!! Culture must be broad and diverse.

have a nice day my friends...until we meet again -
        :l
        a ship in the harbor is a safe ship...but ships were not built for harbors.....

Comment

:naughtfeet: why do i keep getting the urge to get my toes done????

Comment

That ain't yer toes gettin' done, Within!

Kid -- You mean you want a Manny? I see guys in the salon getting hands and feet done all the time. They call it an "executive" mani/pedi. Actually, in a way it's doing us women a favor on both counts. A little extra grooming ups the odds of (see within's last post).

Have a great weekend, all. -- Lena

Comment

Maybe they're drying the toe polish faster!

Before we go any further;
              I HAVE NO INTEREST IN GETTING A "MANNY".
              Really, I just wanted some attention!
              Fingers, toes, whatever!
              -Kid-
              ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

i guess my last post didnt stick

anyway...
                I think I will give myself a pedi and meet mr hubby later.

Lena..I agree....the manny really does score points with the ladies.

have fun you guys,
                day 7af!!!!!

Comment

Come on day...

Let's get a move on...

Doing duty with ED here.
                  Haven't seen one patient IMO
                  that couldn't have stayed home and watched TV.
                  What's left in here?
                  *A heroin addict in withdrawal
                  *A psych patient who keeps finding telephones to call the police and report his nursing home
                  *A kidney infection with 103 fever
                  * A lady who just got a Wii machine, now has a sore arm that we are working up as a cardiac event..

If it get more interesting, I'll tell you a story.
                  -Kid-
                  ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

LMAO Kid! The lady with the Wii machine :-)
                    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hi Everybody,
                      I try to be a thread booster, but I'm down at the moment: I have a 100o fever and plane tickets to Vegas tomorrow. Doesn't look good. Same thing happened last year, with plans for Florida.

Also, the plane down in Buffalo was a couple of hours away - very sombering.

Kid, I thought you might be more of a limerick poetry guy, they're bawdy. We have a book of them somewhere, I was going to post one. Maybe it would balance out that Manny.

Within, you sound great!

Ask, how fun! Could you ever fall in love again? It is the most fun thing!

I love You!
                      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Vlad is back from -20?C temperatures! How's everyone doing... well I suppose I could read the posts, but I'm tired and can't be bothered.
                        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Kid Shelleen;547477 wrote: Do I have to get polish?
                          LOL! Read that as 'polish' as in 'I am polish.' or 'I speak polish.' Was thinking you were asking if you had to become 'polish'.

Ha! ha! Dobry wiecz?r!
                          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Obviously the cold has gone to my head...

Comment

Hi friends,
                              Back from the VERY cold midwest. Had to give the eulogy so that was stressful as well. MIL was sick with flu and a cold so she missed the wake and wasn't in much condition to do the fine tuning that goes into these events so I was busy getting pix put together for a memory board among many other things.
                              Glad to be back home. On a positive note was great to see relatives and spend time that allowed me to develop a better bond with many of them.
                              Did have one night of questionable drinking as quite a few of us sat in the kitchen and shared stories and consumed wine. I didn't get drunk but I definitely had more than 2. Makes me wonder why I am able to do that sometimes - ability to keep up with the others that are drinking more than 2-3 - and not get too drunk and other times I'm on my butt. Did have the glut and kudzu so I don't know if there's a correlation with not getting as drunk when on these? I usually find I take them with the thought that they'll help me to quit at 2.
                              Because I didn't make a fool of myself I felt ok about it but still a little bugged that I didn't just switch to water or non - al.
                              Have been with hubby for 20+ years so many of the relatives have noticed my drinking problem. None were there that night but the other days we got together I was proud that I was able to keep it to 1 or 2 at the most and say no thanks to the 3rd when others were still imbibing.
                              The mod things always has me wondering. I'm still open to the fact that I may have to say one day "You know I just have to be AF because I can't guarantee I can stop at my 2-3 limit". This is something I'm still wondering about.
                              Are any of you finding you're modding pretty well but then having a night of a lot more drinking than you intended? This question is posed to lurkers/visitors as well - not just our mod squad regulars.
                              Eve11
                              "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Is it colder than -20?C Eve?

Comment

Working...
                                X