Mod Squad Weekly Thread 9th Feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, we are going to Vegas. I feel better than I did yesterday evening, I am less congested than I was thanks to the nasal irrigation I've mentio0ned previously. Viva Las Vegas, see ya later alligators!
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Oh dear, i thought I'd just quickly poke my nose in to say hi but these's so much to catch up on.... please forgive me, i'll try pop back later.

Hope everyone is having and fantastic Sunday and you all got lots of loving (wink wink) on Valentines.
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

You're not kidding!

Same thing here DB..
        I'm working with Ed this morning and thought I'd pop in too...
        LOTS of posts to catch up on.
        I'll peruse them and try to hit the high points...

Have GREAT fun Sunbeam. I haven't been to Vegas in 30 years and I was pretty young then. I wonder if Cat would like that sort of thing? I'll percolate on it...

Eve: I'm glad that is all behind you now. It sounds like you held the line with drinking but I understand what you are feeling.
        I think Modding keeps us from really overdoing,
        but can we count on it?
        Obviously, once our frontal lobe and impulse/judgement control centers get soaked, we are in trouble!
        So we can't let that happen.
        Being able to Mod means making that decision before hand.
        Stop at your limit.
        After that ; we cross our fingers!
        There may be some close calls like you had;
        but that's how we learn.
        I use the "red square" on the "Drink Tracker" to mark days I went over limit, or drank when I didn't intend to, as a reminder.

New patient...
        G2G
        ~Kid~
        It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
        ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

morning modders

Eve, don't get down. You just went through a very stressful time. No matter the event or occasion, I think we all have some sort of relationship with alc that causes us to maybe overthink or question every action...which actually leads to giving it too much attention. am i making sense???? I agree with kid...its about making the decision before hand. Really making the decision and visualizing how it will play out..that evening and even the day after. Eventually, hopefully, this will be easier. Right now what has helped me is to map out the evening before hand. so far its helping me...but, I am new to this.

Heading to a dinner party this evening. Such a loving, dancing, wine crowd of people. I am going to stay af.....in a wine glass or course. And I am still going to dance....the tango.

kid, ed...the emergency dept? my text vocab is awful..i read it like latin, ubi ubi est meum sub ubi?

Sun enjoy vegas...are you seeing any shows? play a nickle slot for me. and if you win big on it...we can discuss the details later!!!:H

vlad... its -3C right now. And that feels kinda warm.

hows everyone else??? hope the weekend is treating everyone well......

Btw...my toenails are dry now!!!!!!

have fun out there and enjoy the sunshine:l
          a ship in the harbor is a safe ship...but ships were not built for harbors.....

Comment

Vlad-I believe it was about that temp. The state I'm from originally is even colder. They'd call school off only at 60 below. You still went at 55 below. AWFUL!

Kid-Thanks for the words of wisdom. I never noticed the red flag on the drinktracker but I'll check it out. Sounds good - another way to remind ourselves.

Within: Liked your words of wisdom: "Really making the decision and visualizing how it will play out..that evening and even the day after." Thanks.

Sunbeam: Have fun! We go there every year-too bad we're not going at the same time as I'd invite you to meet for a drink...non al of course!!

Hi to everyone. Sitting at home with a cold trying to catch up on mail, emails, etc. Will post more later this week.

Stay warm everyone.
            Hugs,
            Eve11
            "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Kid
              Want to pact to be AF this week Sun 15th - Thursday 19th.
              Thanks!
              Eve11
              "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

How do you get the DrinkTracker to do the 'red square' (lol, red square :H) thing Kid? I've tried to do this, but it doesn't work - is it something to do with start and end dates???
                Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

............................................PACT Rats................................

P.A.C.T (Promissary Alcohol Controlling Tool)

Cross my heart,and hope to die; Stick a needle in my eye.."
                  *Phrase uttered by children after making a promise to indicate the depth of their sincerity: the speaker is so committed to the action just agreed to that they offer self-inflicted pain and a death wish as proof of their seriousness.
                  (Must be accompanied by a gesture of drawing a imaginary "X" across the speaker's own heart, or else it doesn't count.)

Mod Pacts INVITATIONS:

*Eve: Sunday 2/15 thru thursday 2/19
                  * Delta Moon and KW: ALL of Lent??
                  *Kid : Wednesday and Thursday then Saturday

(longer if anyone joins me)

*Sara: ODAT? Let's commit! (no,ODAT is OK)

*Delta: needs a partner for "all weekend"

ANYONE ELSE??

Feel free to join in
                  with any ongoing pact
                  (or start a new one)

Remember
                  :you've :h "crossed your heart" :h
                  ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

It was a long day at the ER...

I stayed logged in most of the day as I worked.
                    Thanks, Modders, for keeping me company
                    and thanks especially,
                    to the few of you that PMd to chat.
                    It really made my day pleasant and my 12 hours go by quickly.
                    Now I'm safe in my recliner, my tummy is full
                    and I'm happy.
                    I hope you are all as happy as I am.
                    ~Kid~
                    ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Working...
                    X