Mod Squad Weekly Thread 16 Feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Hi out to you all before I head to the show.....Did i hear Vegas, Sunbeam? Can I come too? We could have a MWO outing!:H
    zed- so good to hear you are so well. I will catch up later with you all- Love you mucho!
    Toughen up!

Comment

How to attach a Picture

Zed, quick lesson on attaching pictures. Select "Go Advanced" underneath the message window. Click the paper clip icon, fourth from the right in the toolbar. A new window will open that says "Manage Attachments." Click the browse button to find the file on your computer. (I usually place it on my desktop so it is easy to find.) Once the filename appears in the box, click upload. Then click Preview Post below the message window. You will see the file attached. Then click the paper clip icon again.

My dog Tika.

Use the "preview post" button to make sure you have everything in the right place, and once that is done click "submit reply." You'll want to keep the file size fairly small.

There may be an easier way but this is how I get it done.

There is also a practice area here at MWO for trying this type of thing out. It's called "Testbed", it's the last thread on the main board. Attached files [img]/converted_files/817921=4777-attachment.jpg[/img]
      vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

CycleFan,
        Thanks for the computer tips. I cut and pasted them to my computer cheat sheet book.
        Zed, buddy, thanks for the beautiful pix!!
        Hi to all. Kid - I'm pacting AF for lent. Delta Moon - I'm in with you and hubby for an AF Lent. My spouse is doing the same! We'd better have a wild Fat Tuesday!!!!
        To the Oscar lovers everywhere - I'm pumped for tonight. KNOW Slumdog will win best pix and I'm so excited. It's the first plane ride for the child actors in the film. May they have a fab trip to the states!
        Eve11
        "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Bonne Sunday, mes amies! And what a beautiful day it is when one is not hung over! I managed to stay AF through the blues festival all day yesterday- with drinking opportunities at every corner. This was a new experience for me and one I have to share I have not had for 30 years. I tuned in to the experience with new eyes and ears and enjoyed ( and remembered) every moment. One of the headliners came up to me after his set and noticed I was not 'wound up tight' and shared with me his current recovery. That was a gift-suddenly I didn't feel so alone in the new sober world. I am now seeing the world with a new clarity and I like what I see! I really have to push myself now to crawl out of my little shell- alcohol would always do that for me. So I am learning and growing and stretching the comfort limits.

zed I thank you for the beautiful pictures of Beijing in the winter. What an adventure your life is.

Eve, I will be happy to share a sober lent with you...our hubbies joining us will make this journey complete.

My head's on straight and I'm out to make it a good one-you all stay strong and take a moment to honor your walk through recovery.

Blessings................
          Toughen up!

Comment

rainy sunday afternoon...

How is everyone?
            If this weather doesnt drive one to drink.....then you're hanging in pretty gosh darn well!!!
            Pretty dark and dreary in New England today....Good thing the Oscars are on later. I am looking forward to the Red Carpet. Of course I will be watching from my perch on the couch wearing my best and most fancy pair of sweats!!!

How is everyone doing these days?
            Dont know about other parts of the country and world but this corner outside of Boston is hurting.....Work is stressful. There were some layoffs last Thursday. Ugh. The stress seems to be bringing out the worst in people....i can understand....but I hate all the bashing of one another....it's like people are trying to save themselves...at any cost....Cant we all just get along!!!

Anyway.....I am trying to stay positive. Feet planted on the ground. Whatever will be will be!!!

Sunshine-gg....about the pact!? I bailed....

I think I am ready to get back to YOGA. The dog walking has been great but some yoga would really be a great addition. Tues for sure.

I hope you are all well.
            :h
            a ship in the harbor is a safe ship...but ships were not built for harbors.....

Comment

For PACT breakers...

Needle in the eye...
              It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
              ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Happy Sunday dear Modders.

All is well in Vera land. Kid, I'm not sure I'm thrilled that you pointed out my angst between being happy sober and my daughter's demands. I'll just let that pass and concentrate on more positiive things. And, it seems that the Mod Squad is feeling very positive which is good to hear. Eve, you're better than ever. You and Sunbeam are the beacons of light in this lovely world. Zed, you're always welcome, though I thought you were on to different things. Within and Delta, and Cyclefan, you've kept this place hoppin' and we're all grateful.

Vera-b

Comment

Working...
                X