Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mod Squad Weekly Thread Beginning February 23, 2009

Delta - a balalaikist is someone who plays one of these:

Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Except mine is double-stringed.
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Fat Tuesday!!!!

**With Lent approaching, I dragged the PACT list up so we could straighten out our PACTs and promises for those making special efforts this season or soon...**

P.A.C.T (Promissary Alcohol Controlling Tool)

Cross my heart,and hope to die; Stick a needle in my eye.."
        *Phrase uttered by children after making a promise to indicate the depth of their sincerity: the speaker is so committed to the action just agreed to that they offer self-inflicted pain and a death wish as proof of their seriousness.
        (Must be accompanied by a gesture of drawing a imaginary "X" across the speaker's own heart, or else it doesn't count.)

Mod Self-Pact/Goals
        *Vlad: No vodka through Lent and then FOREVER!!
        *TG: 3 days per week/4 drinks on those days
        *Eve: Keeping to 2 drinks on drinking days

*Cyle: Ongoing Sunday thru Thursday(yes?)

Companion Pacts

* Delta Moon and KW: ALL of Lent?? (Gettin' ready)

*Within (C&B) and Sunshine_gg: "The next 20 days"

ANYONE ELSE??
        Invitation:

Feel free to join in
        with any ongoing pact
        (or start a new one)

Remember
        :you've :h "crossed your heart" :h
        It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
        ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

I will not drink vodka through Lent. Or ever again for that matter.

Comment

Can I make one? No more than 3 drinking days in any week, no more than 4 beers on any one drinking day...
            The way I change the past is by not repeating it
            -James Hetfield, Metallica

Comment

Oh also, is there something up with drinktracker, because it won't let me login on there, and I want to give it a try...

Comment

DrinkTracker

TG,
                You have to log onto DrinkTracker separately from MWO but you use the same user name and password. Watch your caps etc...
                ~KS~
                ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

How do you do it separately? I clicked on the link from the message boards, went to login, entered username and password and was told they were wrong :|

Comment

I've tipped the vodka. What a liberating experience, feel like I've been set free. Can't obsess about it anymore.

Comment

Good for you, vlad! I'm so proud of you! :wd:
                      Toughen up!

Comment

Drink Tracker

TG,
                        If you've double checked and you are sure you're doing it right; still with no luck; scroll all the way down to "contact us" and report it as a technical problem.
                        Good Luck.
                        ~KS~
                        ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

vlad;556735 wrote: I've tipped the vodka. What a liberating experience, feel like I've been set free. Can't obsess about it anymore.
                          Well done Vlad! I'm so happy for you

Comment

Was saying to someone the other day about an image God gave to me of a piece of rope. The rope was tied to a heavy load, the top of the rope was all frayed and there was only a few strands keeping it from breaking. God was saying to me, 'Just let go...'

GONE! GONE! GONE!

Anyway, had some pancakes last night, 2 was all I could manage, not too keen on them really! Plenty of sugar and lemon helps them to go down! Oh and was of course alcohol free!

7? hours of work, then tonight cooking an omelette and then going to visit my grandma. So no Ash Wednesday service for me - we've had a recent bereavement in the family so feel I need to be there really.

Comment

hello modders

hope fat tues went well for all.......
                              I must say, I am feeling particularly fat myself...not just on tuesdays. UGH.

Delt...never made it to yoga....worked on my resume instead.
                              great job vlad....liberation...love it.

Only PACT for me is from my plan on the goals thread: never more then 3, if more then 2 will skip 2 days. Is that a pact????? i crossed my eyes!!!!

Off to big meeting with boss princess.....

Hope all you verycool modders are well.

Have fun out there......:l
                              a ship in the harbor is a safe ship...but ships were not built for harbors.....

Comment

vlad;556735 wrote: I've tipped the vodka. What a liberating experience, feel like I've been set free. Can't obsess about it anymore.
                                WHOOOOHOOOOOO VLADSTER!!!
                                I'm darn proud of you!!:banana::yougo::cheering:wow2:
                                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Working...
                                X