The Mod Squad Weekly Thread Beginning February 23, 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DeeBee a huge congratulations on your 30 days NF. That is a huge accomplishment. Now, go and buy yourself something nice. I bought myself a bicycle when I reached my 30 days NF.

Hi everyone, here's wishing you all a great weekend. End of February already? I can hardly believe it!
    vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Hey Cyclefan,
      I heard a rumor that you were inviting all of us over for steak tonight, but we need an address.....

It's Friday, enjoy!
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Yes, Ribeyes!

To get here, turn right from downtown Las Vegas and follow the road. Turn right again when you see the West Temple. Go straight again until the road curves left, then turn right. You'll be able to smell the steaks from there. :H

Comment

yo modders,glad to see al is well,had to make a comment Vlad keep the vodka in the freezer,if your gonna drink the stuff there s nothing to stop you from buying more,have a wonderful weekend gyco

Comment

Hey all, incredibly drunk, moding not going too grand, oh dear. good luck everyone...
            The way I change the past is by not repeating it
            -James Hetfield, Metallica

Comment

Ha Ha Ha ...well, enjoy yourself...

Enjoy yourself TG...but be careful, and stay out of trouble.
              That's why we say Modding doesn't just happen;
              you have to have a plan!
              Get sober; come back; and we'll try again.
              You're very young.
              If you don't get killed,
              there's plenty of time to learn from your mistakes.
              ~KID~
              It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
              ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Question. I have been AF for 24 days and not sure about taking a drink again, but I would like to mod. Question is: Why are most people saying to wait 30 days before modding? Why not 28 or 35, etc?
                Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                AF May 23 09 to July 09
                AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

Hey Everyone,
                  Panicked, I don't why thirty days...I think it's kind of arbitrary. I think maybe just setting a goal and proving to ourselves we can meet it is the important thing. A while back I decided to do "28 days", because that's how long a lot of treatment programs last. Once I hit the 28 day mark, I felt good and strong and decided to aim for 60. Personally, I like the feeling of meeting a goal, but I can't see why that goal should necessarily be thirty days.

I'm on DAY 3 AF today, going for 40, which is feeling like a whole lot right now. I had a bit of a craving tonight when my husband made himself a Margarita with fresh lime juice...But I don't want to give in this time around. I want to see what it feels like to be abstinent for a long stretch again. I'm trying to take really good care of myself, and as I thought about that drink tonight, I repeated my little mantra "nourish yourself". I made a wonderful stir-fry of vegetables, served over my new fav. (thanks to MWO) quinoa. I had a big class of ice cold water, and enjoyed every sip, knowing it was hydrating instead of dehydrating me, and the food would nourish instead of depleting my body and mind. There's a lot of mental work involved in choosing not to drink. I have to talk myself into it.

Well, happy Friday everyone. Enjoy a healthy weekend! Sara
                  "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Hi Panicked,
                    I think you need a chunk of time to break the cycle, learn new habits. There is no real difference between 28, 29, 30 or 31 days, but I think even more is even better. You learn that you can control your drinking, that you have the ability to not drink. This concept has been very helpful to a lot of people here, so it keeps getting repeated as advice.
                    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi Panicked,
                      For me, 60 days was the magic number.... you do what feels right for yourself.

TG, how are you? Check in and let us know, k?

Sorry the post is so short but the rugger is on early this morning --we are playing in NZ -- I'll see ya later alligators
                      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Deep inside..you KNOW!

When I do stretches of AF and start thinking, "Well, that's enough", then I probably need another day or two, y'know?
                        If at 24 days you are thinking it's enough, and tomorrow you are going to have a drink; why not do one more day?
                        There is no magic number; we are all different; but I would think 60 days would cover ANYBODY!!
                        ~kID~
                        It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
                        ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Just thought I'd jump in here. I'm not sure what's going on in my head, but I NEED to do 30 days. It would have been great to have a beer on our outing today, and yes I could have stopped at one. But I think 30 days will give me a huge sense of empowerment. I have a big social event a few days after I complete my '30', and there will be free-flow champagne. I'm looking forward to it because I know I can enjoy it without alcohol now, so it does become a real choice, and not a habit or crutch (as it was for me). Afterwards I will be AF again for a while and then look at making my own rules for modding. It's all personal. Bx
                          Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Maybe what's more important than the number of days is your thoughts. If after 30 (or 60) days, you are thinking, "Now I can DRINK again", you are probably in trouble. If you have used that time to develop a set of AF strategies to replace most of your drinking, you will be way more successful. We all drank for mostly bad reasons: mine included stress, boredom, to relax, avoidance, rewarding myself for about anything, etc. etc. Now my reason for drinking is social: I enjoy longer conversations with my husband or a few close friends, a family celebration, a vacation. Most of the time I don't drink, don't need or want to.

Comment

Good morning, modders!
                              Just a quick note to say hi. Take care this weekend everyone- stay with your PLAN and you will be successful. Invited to a late Mardi Gras party but as I'm committed to being AF for lent drinking won't be the problem-eating everything in sight will be! :H
                              Blessings...................
                              Toughen up!

Comment

Hi Friends. Well, looking at my drinktracker for this month I can see I need to drop back ten and punt. I'll be putting together a new plan and will probably ask for some support. I can see that since I went off the Topamax I'm not really moderating very well, so back to the drawing board.

I posted a huge long post up in Just Starting Out in Zenstyles thread that addresses some of the questions that came up from panicked and ThatGirl from my own perspective. Hope everyone's weekend is good, I'm going to get my nails done.

Comment

Working...
                                X