Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mod Squad Weekly Thread Beginning February 23, 2009

Drinktracker

I keep seeing mention of a drink tracker. what is it and where do i get one?

Comment

Its on the Forums Page, near the bottom. You sign in with your usual sign in, and its up to you whether or not you have it on view or keep it to yourself. Bx
      Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Happy Sunday, All!
        Beautiful day here and it's even more beautiful not hung over!
        The cajun party was fabulous- ended up going solo-( hubby came later) and I knew only the hosts. This would normally be a huge trigger for me as I am naturally shy and would compensate by downing some AL before I left the house. But I put on my skinny jeans and a big smile instead and had some great conversations with lots of interesting people. Then the dancing started and hubby arrived and we both danced and laughed and had fun like teenagers again. All completely AF! We both laughed and said after 22 yrs. together this may be a first. :H
        Its a process with lots of challenges but learning to live life focused on joy and happiness instead of the next drink is well worth the effort.
        May you all have a blessed day.
        Toughen up!

Comment

That's super,Delta...

That is exciting and inspiring!!!:goodjob:
          -kID
          It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
          ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Kid- just found your new thread and buddy- its DEEP! I'm giving it a mull over today and will let you know.....
            Toughen up!

Comment

Delta Moon,
              I am so thrilled to hear about not only your success, but also your husband's. Wow, talk about getting your life back! Yay for both of you!

PS I won! I was the first person today to sign on to the March Drink Tracker! Not sure what the prize is, but it was a thrill. Do you think I need to get a life??? Gardening season will start soon, the ground usually thaws here around April 1.
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Good for you, Sun! I've got your prize right here- just pop on over the kettle's on...............
                BTW thanks for the kudos:l
                Toughen up!

Comment

hey all, I'm back, have been drinking today too, am not doing too good at the minute.
                  The way I change the past is by not repeating it
                  -James Hetfield, Metallica

Comment

Like a trip without a map...

TG,
                    Make a plan...
                    Make a plan...
                    Make a plan...

And what exactly was your "other source of inspiration"?

Is it still inspiring you?

~Kid~
                    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
                    ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

My other sources have been mostly books, biography's etc of guys like gerard way, james hetfield, anthony kiedis... They still inspire me but lately I hit up against realising how bad something i did really was - something i did when i was drunk. And I couldn't cope with it, so I made up excuses for myself...

Comment

That Girl,
                        If you want to be more successful, you should consider some AF time. It enables you to break the drinking cycle and develop some AF strategies. There is a toolbox thread under goals: monthly abstinence that has lots of ideas for you to pull from in constructing your plan.
                        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Thanks for the advice Sunbeam, but I don't know if I'm ready to do any serious time AF - I can usually manage three days, then drink on the fourth, but I don't know that I'm capable of doing longer than that...

Comment

That Girl,
                            You are capable, you can be, if you pick some tools, make a plan, ask for the support of others here. You are a unique individual, but your problem with alcohol is no different than many others here. My thought is you should jump onto the Newbies Nest thread, join with others who are where you are. Write down in front of your self right now, I will stop drinking for 30 days, or maybe just for 1 week. Make a list of all the reasons you need to get alcohol under control, all the bad things that happen when you drink too much. Read this list every day, and get other ideas by reading and posting. Many others have felt how you feel now, and many did not succeed on their first try. Everyone who keeps trying is successful.

Comment

Working...
                            X