X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Long-term Moderators

Hey J-Vo sis,
    Glad to see you posting here again.
    I still struggle too J-Vo. I don't have it down like Sunbeam. I still look forward to and relish my Fridays and Saturdays when I can drink and most times I drink both nights. Rare to have a week-end night when I don't. So, I'm not overly pleased with that but as long as I can keep it to 2 and only 3 if it were a special thing with drinks really spaced apart. But, since I've started this process I haven't met those goals 100% either.
    The question I have for Kid especially since he seems to have his ONE down pretty well or no more than TWO. Aren't there ever times (please answer anyone) that once you've started you still don't want to quit? I'm talking having a huge craving once you've started and you JUST don't want to quit.
    I have gone out and done the 1 or 2 drink with dinner thing. Most nights I'm fine. But there still have been occasions where we come home and I'm absolutely DYING for a 3rd. Sometimes I've done the kudzu and have gotten beyond it. Sometimes eating something (like a low fat icecream) or a drink with cranberry and seltzer will cure it. But then there have been those few times still where I go for the 3rd and 4th because I just don't want to quit!! The vampire has tasted blood and wants more...more...more.
    So, even though it's nice to read about the folks who seem to be really modding well, J-Vo twin- I remain there with you. Still struggling too.
    Hugs,
    Eve11
    p.s. Zed-the video was awesome!! Thanks. Sure many of us here can relate to Richards struggles at the bar when the other social drinkers were quitting at one or two.
    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

To Long-term Moderators

We'll figure this out Eve, eventually. I'm becoming more confident in that. But speaking of the vampire, I f-ed up last night. I went to my aunt's 60th birthday celebration. I did my nails, bought a new outfit, and since losing 8 lbs. was feeling on top of the world. Oh, I'd also had my hair done this week, so I was looking fine! Anyway, I took three kudzu early in the day, then three prior to the party. Everyone at the party was drinking wine. Lots and lots of wine. I let my guard down. And I'm upset that my drinks kept coming. If I'd have kept the drink limit on the top of my priority list, I think I could have had a much better time. I drank water in between each glass of wine. I had I think 5 but it could have been 6 glasses. Whatever it was, my last glass hit me like a mack truck. All of a sudden I was so drunk. I haven't drunk in the last two weeks, and I don't know if that was why it hit me so hard. Most of the company was gone when this hit me, but I still looked drunk in front of my cousins whom I rarely see. I was so disappointed in myself. But like I said, I blew off the commitment to my drink limit. It wasn't the most important thing to me and it kicked me in the ass. Well, I can say, I will be more vigilant next time. I'll remember this, because I don't want it to happen again. I need to remember I have a problem with AL, and if I'm not going to stop at my limit, then I'm not going to allow myself any. So I screwed up royally. I know why I screwed up. Didn't keep the most important thing at the top of my list. Commitment.
      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

To Long-term Moderators

Eve11;560585 wrote: The question I have for Kid especially since he seems to have his ONE down pretty well or no more than TWO. Aren't there ever times (please answer anyone) that once you've started you still don't want to quit? I'm talking having a huge craving once you've started and you JUST don't want to quit.
        I would've shook my head if I'd read this before the weekend. Yesterday I had 2 glasses of wine -- no special occassion, just relaxing with hubby and playing backgammon. The thing is I spent quite a long time "thinking" about pouring the 3rd glass and it was only because I would've had to open another bottle of wine that I didn't. I ate a slab of chocolate, had a bowl of ice cream and a couple of biscuits to help me get over the craving. I woke up in the middle of the night feeling nauseous (sp?) and drenched!!

So, to answer you question Eve, YES!! And I didn't like the feeling at all!!
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

To Long-term Moderators

J-Vo,
          This is why I call you my twin. Go to the "Should I mod or abstain?" thread posted by Kid and you'll see your twin there who also got hit by the mack truck!
          As I observe myself I know that more than two are too many for me with the exception if the 3rd that day had been spaced very far apart from the other two, e.g. 2 with dinner and a nightcap 2 hours later. Then I can handle 3 and be o.k. but 3 in one setting is just TOO much for me!
          Hang in there buddy...you're not alone!
          Eve11
          "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

To Long-term Moderators

It's good to know I'm not alone.
            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

To Long-term Moderators

Hi ...this is a message for you two Evie11 and J-Vo

Just that the stuff you are discussing resonates so much with me...would like to explore it more with you two if you are happy to? I am very new to this site, 9 days (all AF) but from what I read you are similar to me (or how I will probably be at the end of the AF period.....

Love Moo
              "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
              but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

To Long-term Moderators

Moo,
                Welcome. Eve and I have had so many similar characteristics, so she is my twin, but it maybe that we're triplets instead! Yes, hang out with us and we'll explore these things together. I've just returned to the Weekly Mod thread you'll see, and come in and join us there. There are great people there that have similar goals, albeit tailored to their needs and themselves.

Comment

Working...
                X