Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mod Squad Weekly Thread Beginning March 2, 2009

J-Vo,
    Thanks for the great tip about ANTS. Like it very much. Share more when able to things that can apply to us problem drinkers.
    Deebs, I find my hubby not being completely supportive when he finds me here on the board sometimes. Believe me, I'm not overly addicted here. Sometimes I need the support at a certain time and it really does help me to come here. Sometimes I think he worries I have a cyber-romance going on!! LOL.
    Hugs all,
    Eve11

**HAPPY BIRTHDAY COOLGAMMA!!!**
    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

:thanks: I like that ANTS too. Makes a lot of sense.
      I try to drink a glass of water in between every thing else I allow myself.

I just picked up some L-Glutamine @ the health food store, but got it in the powder form this time. You can mix it into juice or tea, etc... it has no taste, but it's cheaper than buying the capsules, & disolves immediately.
      I think it has more of a "kick" to it too. I seem to have a lot of energy lately...

Eve 11, my Hubby calls himself the "Website Widower":H

PS HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! COOLMAMA!! I hope it's delightful!
      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Hey all, had an amazing time last night at Metallica gig in London.

On a more serious note starting to think my attempts at modding are quite unlikely to succeed...
        The way I change the past is by not repeating it
        -James Hetfield, Metallica

Comment

Hi all,
          I'm still hanging around, have a case of bronchitis but able to go to work this week. I stayed home on Friday to see the doctor.

ThatGirl, I am sorry to hear you sounding hopeless. I wish we could help.

My hubby isn't quite perfect, but he doesn't mind the time I spend here. I'm the one thinking that I should be doing something else, since I'm mostly not drinking. He doesn't really understand why I can't drink more often, but he trusts my judgement, doesn't try to change my mind. I am grateful to have him.

Coolgama, welcome and happy B-day! But the job news is grim for you and so many. Pretty good job security is one of my many gratitudes.

Deebs, I'm gearing up for gardening season. Gotta finish some indoor projects, or else they will wait many months.

take care, all
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

St. Jude, I never tried the powder L-Glut. Do you think it's stronger or decreases cravings quicker than the capsules?

Hi Thatgirl, do you have a written plan for yourself? I know all too well, written plans can go down the drain at some functions. What kind of help do you need?

Hi Sun, glad you're feeling better. Spring will be here before we know it!

Morning everyone else. Well, my time off of work is not closing in, but in a few days, I start my first class. I haven't taken a class in, oh let's see . . . 15 years! Yikes! I'm already nervous. I could have done online classes, but I chose to do these so I could work on my anxiety issues. Pretty brave, heh? Well, they're every weekend for the next 5 weekends. So the good thing is, I've chosen to go AF for this time period. It's also lent, which many people give up al during this time, so I'll hop on that bandwagon also. Have a great day.
            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Hey there Modders, how are we this fine and bright?

I've had a crap day but it's about to get better, I'm off to my first yoga class and then off to book club tonight.
              St J, I also take the L-Glut in powder form (tonight I'll double the dose). The interesting thing is that the book I was reading to stop smoking "How to quit without feeling sh*t" also recommends L-Glut for cravings as well as to line the gut. --

TG, I am sorry to hear that modding is not working for you. Have you considered doing some AF time and then re-considering whether you can mod? Let us know if we can help in anyway.

Awww Sun I'm sorry to hear you aren't well again. Have you tried taking propolis to boost your immune system?

Hi J-Vo, Kid, Eve and anyone I've accidentally forgotten.

Have a great HUMP day today!!
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

HEY!! What's going on here?!!! Where's everyone??!???!!
                A whole day has gone bye without anyone posting.

YO MODDERS! CHECK IN PLEASE!

(it's lonely here on my own:upset
                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Betty is behind in her studies but HELLO DEE-BEE! - now don't you feel special!

B
                  Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Hellooo Betty!! Nose to the grindstone again -- I feel very special now!

Come and say hi when you get a chance.

Comment

I'm sorry DB..

I read but didn't post here for a whole day.
                      I worry that "fly-by" posts will seem rude; but I guess certainly nothing compared to letting our DeeBee post ALL ALONE!
                      I'll try to do better.

HHG has a cold, so I've been making her even better breakfasts than usual; we FEED a cold, right?
                      ...Eggs with cheese, sausage, fried potatoes,
                      and of course a piece of cherry pie with ice cream.

I disappointed myself Monday evening.
                      I ate later and more than usual.
                      I drank over my preferred limit...
                      No REAL harm done I suppose;
                      but drinking too much can often be
                      "sobering" for a Modder;
                      So I went AF Tuesday and Wednesday.
                      I see no reason to drink tonight either.
                      I respect Sunbeam's model of Moderation and
                      perhaps I'll spread my drinking days out a bit more than I have
                      while I decide whether to emulate her philosophy or not.

Well now; that was fun.
                      I must drive HHG and E to school now.
                      Have a great day,Modders.
                      ~Kid~
                      It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
                      ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Sending HHG "get well soon" wishes. Altho if I were here I'd milk it for all I was worth -- I love reading about all you do for her Kid.

As for Monday, well I think you've got your eye on the ball again. It's one of the reasons I wanted to get more serious AF time in and I think its healthy for us to keep revising our goals and if they aren't working then we must re-evaluate.

Your day is just beginning and mine is winding down.
                        I went to a business lunch today which would normally have me plastered before the food arrives and sneaking outside to have a quick puff whilst the speeches are on -- today was sober, NF and boring!! Sorry to say it but my business relations have definetly suffered now that i am not drinking or smoking. It would seem that it's all the delinquents that used to place orders with me....must go and find myself some sober clients!!

Comment

Hi all- I too didn't have much time the last few days and didn't want to be rude with a "fly-by" but it may be better than no word at all. Had an amazing time at The Pretenders last night- Chrissie is still rockin' it! Sat with Nils Lofgren and mingled with other notables-and all the time Imy hubby and I were AF. Whole new experience for us. I am enjoying this AF life and love the feeling in the morning- a clear head and no regrets.
                          TG maybe the 30 days clean then try modding?
                          Deebs- miss you!
                          Sun I always think of you when I'm in the garden.
                          Kid, Eve, and everyone else I love you all and will check in later
                          Blessings-
                          Toughen up!

Comment

Morning Modders,
                            Hope everyone is doing well. Kid, HHG is your "kid?" My kid, as a matter of fact just came down with a nasty cold, too. But he's not like my husband who is so damn needy because of a little sniffle. He's like, "leave me alone." That's easy enough! And he refuses to miss school. What? Where did he come from? BTW. I think Sunbeam has got it right. I, too, would like to follow in her footsteps. Do you hear that Sun! I admire you and how you've tackled the beast.

B - what are you studying?

Deebs, I'm not in that business, but it would be very difficult to watch my coworkers drinking lunch and not joining in. Good for you! You are strong and have a clear head. You've got one up on the "delinquents." I'm sure somewhere in South Africa there are sober clients!

Well, it's Thursday morning here and I'm trying to prepare my mind for the next three days. I begin my first grad. class tomorrow evening. It runs all weekend. I haven't taken a class in 15 or so years. I'm quite nervous about it. I know I'm quite competent with my ideas and all, but I must believe in myself more. You would think at my age it would be so easy. It probably is, I just exaggerate every situation like that. Wish me luck. I need it.

Hope everyone has a great day.
                            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Great work Delta!

Comment

Back on the Chain Gang...

Delta:
                                I love Chrissie! I saw her somewhere in the last couple of years (right place, right time) and was SO glad to see her still singing!

j-vo: Best of luck. I KNOW how hard that is going to be at first. You'll warm up to it!
                                BTW; let's study Sunbeam and stalk her and copy her..
                                Yes, Honey-Haired-Girl is my "kid"...
                                ~Me
                                It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
                                ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Working...
                                X