Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mod Squad Weekly Thread Beginning March 2, 2009

I'm through arguing...What do YOU do??

Did anyone catch the drama in the "Research" thread yesterday?
    I was thinking afterward;
    and after all these years I've rediscovered something
    all of you probably already know...
    It takes two people to argue.
    So, here in 2009, I have a self improvement goal:
    I'm going to learn the right things to say,
    when someone disagrees with me,
    to end the discussion ASAP.
    I want them to know:
    1) I hear them
    2) I'll think about what they said
    3) I'll decide later, what if anything, I'm going to do about the thing that's bothering them...

What do other folks do?
    It seems in my life trying to explain my point of view gets nowhere
    with some people, it just gives them something to argue with.
    I hate to not reply, and that certainly wouldn't work in a face-to-face situation; but I'm through arguing.

~Kid~
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
    ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Hi Kid - I read the drama thread and posted. I was worried about posting but felt I had to. I did decide though, that whatever came afterward, I wouldn't respond. I used to 'argue' and debate a lot, but now find it easier just to let most stuff go. But then again, I've turned into the person that apologises to ants as she's killing them......
      Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Hiya my fellow modders,

Had a bit of a funny day today...
        We got up at sparrow-fart, made egg mayo saamies, a flask of coffee and headed out to spend the day wake-boarding at the dam. The drive takes about an hour and a half. By the time we got there the weather looked a bit dodgy but none-the-less we are die hards... so we hauled the cooler box (very heavy) into the boat, strapped in the wake-board and life jackets.... turned the engine on to warm it up and NOTHING.... the damn thing wouldn't start. So we sat in the car, eating our egg mayo saamies, drinking our condensed milk coffee and staring out at the damn.
        What a dissapoinment but we could definetly see the funny side;-)

I have just caught up with the "drama" and did reply Kid.... I won't go into my thoughts here as I don't want to bring down this thread with even more bad vibes.

Happy Sunday everyone.

P.S I hope we hear from Ask today -- she's been on my mind lately.
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hi Kid,
          You would be smart to say what you like once, then let it drop. The arguments always go nowhere. The words become just words, not people. Sometimes I do this, and more often I don't post my thoughts at all if I see potential for an argument.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
          X