X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad Weekly thread week of March 16

Have fun in the dirt Sunshine!

We've got rain here...
    I do have tulips, grape hyacinth, azaleas, rosemary and narcisis blooming though! Hopefully really soon I'll have lots of roses & jasmin!

We have a big birthday party of 70 ppl @ work tonight. Should be pretty easy though, it's banquet style, so it's pretty mindless, just bring it out,..and pick it up... Don't have to keep track of who gets what or anything...
    I think it might be people I know too, thatll make it fun.

Hope everybody's having a good day.

I'm off to do push-ups & elipticle for a bit...
    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

hi all
      I decided to post here again. I will try not to take things personally if no one writes back...anyways, I have some stuff in my life going on that is making me scared and nervous. I am also a depressive. I had about 3 drinks yesterday, because I was not sure which was worse, to be afraid, or, you know, more relaxed. I am considering going back on ADs. I think I am someone prone to anxiety. I was on SJW, but I stopped, I don't know why.
      I am going to clean house a bit right now.
      Lila

Comment

Lila I am delighted to see you posting here. AFA I know, anyone is welcome to post.

I'm cleaning out my closet today and trying on clothes to get ready for some business travel coming up. For work I wear tights and our company logo tee shirts, we're very casual because we don't have any walk in traffic so no need to dress up. I have three different size clothes and I will probably be in between two of them. I probably have stuff in my closet that is twenty years old, I hate getting rid of nice clothes even if I can't wear them anymore. I fool myself and think I'll be saving them for my granddaughter...vintage clothing seems to be popular no matter what generation we're in.

Have a nice Sunday everyone, thanks for keeping up the posting I enjoy reading how everyone is doing.
        vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Hi all;

Just wanted to say Hi to Lila;
          Don't know what would make you wonder if it is OK to post, but welcome back.

Sorry you're going through a difficult time. Let us know if you want to talk about it. ALso wanted to acknowledge that I think many of us take antidepressants. I know that when I've stopped, which I've tried several times, I eventually get to a pretty grey-black space that is mightily improved when I take antidepressants. So no shame about that.

Hope everyone else is well.

Ask

PS Sure would like to see Kid check in!!

Comment

Hey all,

We have had the most amazing weather this weekend so we grabbed the rods, umbrella, beach ball and been catching the rays.
            Sorry to be so quick but I have loads to do before I travel tomorrow but wanted to quickly say HI.

Special hug for Lila -- I'll post more during the week.

Kid, I hope your Man-Flu is over and we "see" you soon.
            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Thank you, Ask. Hey, aren't we both single moms? What are you taking, may I ask? I looked up on the Costco prescription price list and generic Zoloft is really really cheap.
              I love this thread, I missed the conversations.

Comment

hi Deebs, we cross posted. Beach sounds lovely.

Comment

Hi Ya'll!

Hope everybody's having a great Sunday.

Lila, I took Lexapro a few years ago, I think that really helped me thru a tuff time, after a miscarriage. No need to be ashamed of asking for a bit of help sometimes...We all need it now & then.:l

That big party @ work last night turned out to be who I thought it was. It was a lot of fun. I knew almost all of the 75 guests there. It was a B-day dinner for an 80 year old local character... much loved in the community. My prom date from high school, (who still lives here & is married with a whole tribe of kids & works as a fishing guide on the river), took him fishing all day yesterday, so the family could get the party organized.

I felt like I was part of the party, rather than working... just moving around a LOT more than the rest of them! Plus making bank! 5 hours and triple digit + in tips! Oh yeh!:H

Today's my Friday, hopefully it'll be somewhat busy, I could use some more cash... but I wouldn't mind a relaxing night after last night either...
                  The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

To Lila:

We talked a little about this on another thread. What does your dr say about medication?
                    You really could use some good medical advice.

Also, with St John's Wort, I read that the dosage on the bottle is not as high as the dose proven effective in clinical trials. so if you take it again you might want to look into that.

I know it's hard to face depression, but really best thing is not to drink for depression. A therapist once told me stopping drinking would have the same effect as an anti-depressant. I took this as an extra push for moderating, but more like severely limiting style. Judging by your intake level, you probably could cut down but you would just need to change your habits.

And are there any things avalable for seasonal affective disorder, like light lamps?

I am really interested in Sunbeam's approach of really curtailing drinking. I have done that before. I think she said she started with only weekends and kept limiting from there.

Comment

Nancy
                      So nice to see you here! I am having a particularly rotten day today. Very bad. My doctor gave me some homeopathic stuff, and if it doesn't work, I can try an AD.
                      Rotten, rotten day. It all just hit me very hard a few days ago.
                      Lila

Comment

Hi all,
                        The sun finally came out, so I finally got out for a couple of hours. I've been posting a lot og gardening info on the thread I started in General Discussion.

Nancy, nice to see you post here with the squad. You were a great help to me last summer, when you pointed out that modding is a learned skill. So yes, I started cutting back by limiting myself to just weekends, then one day a week(end), then AF weekends. After 7 days the alcohol is completely out of your body, so the cravings are all in your head and habits, pretty much. I am comfortable with having something to drink once per week, that doesn't feel like too much though I also enjoy my AF weekends because there is so much more to life than drinking.

Lila, it is always great to see you here, you are still one of us and we want to know how you are doing, even with the ups and downs.

Judie, I love the stories of your life.

Deebs, l am very curious to know if the repellants work with the monkeys. On this continent, THAT would be gardening trivia. But I don't know what you have available to purchase over there.

Does anyone have any great garage organization ideas? We decided to not spend the money to expand for two cars, and I need to work with my existing space. If I could just organize it better...

take care, all
                        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

To Sunbeam: Glad I offered you some advice, but you turned out to be so much more successful! I want to live the way you do. I did it for a while last summer after advice from that therapist about not drinking being like an anti-depressant.

Lila: What kind of doctor is this? I am pretty suspicious of homeopathic remedies. Sorry if i offend anyone out there, just concerned that Lila gets the right help. Just remember moods, even the worst ones, come and go. Try to support yourself through it without alcohol. Take a bath, lie down, call a friend or watch a funny sitcom. You can get through it. Everything passes eventually.

Comment

I think I will watch a movie! To get my mind off stuff. I just pm'd you as well.

Comment

Nancy,
                              I do feel very successful, but maybe others also do. We each define our own success here. I am very grateful that I have a working system, under which I am confident I will not drink too much. I'm not as good at following the rules like "drink water between drinks" and "two and I'm through" but if I limit the number of days I have anything at all to drink, then a day when I have three drinks isn't going overboard.
                              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi Lila; just checking in again now. I take Citalopram 20 mg. which I like very much. I was on Prozac for many years, but I found coming off it very scary... I went into a BIG Black hole, so I really didn't like being on it. Two summers ago I was in a very light space and taped off Prozac very nicely, but by fall was feeling blue so I started with this new med, which is great. 5 of my 7 sibs are on antidepressants, as are my two parents, so I think it really runs in our family.

and yes: I am a single Mom as well. My daughter is 14 and this is a difficult time as she can barely stand to be in the same room I'm in, and is confrontational a good share of the time. Luckily she is with her Dad every other weekend we both get a break from each other.

I'm off to fold and iron the mountain of laundry I did this weekend. I feel so accomplished!!

Ask

Comment

Working...
                                X