X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad Weekly Thread For 23rd March

hi everyone
    Nice to see you all, too!
    ThatGirl, the thing with modding, the tricky thing is that your mind is still very much on alcohol, but how much that matters varies from person to person, which is why - well, there are so many different types of people here, and that is how all that crazy controversy stuff happens. (on these boards I mean) I guess for me, I use alcohol to unwind, and I went thru a lot of stress, and still am....I had too many on Friday and Saturday, and now I am really seeing how while it sure does relieve stress, it does also seem to jumpstart my depressive tendencies. Maybe it is why you drink, rather than how much? For some people, like me, that is. I am still really considering ADs to help me thru all this, not sure yet what is best for me.
    DeeBee, monkeys in the garden! I don't know what to say to that! Are they at all dangerous? I have only seen them behind thick glass walls or bars.
    Delta, that is great!
    J-vo, I know quitting smoking is supposed to be incredibly hard. Are you using stuff to help you? I know someone who had accupuncture and that got them to stop.
    Sunbeam, glad for you on your health check!
    Hi Cycle fan!
    happy tuesday everyone!
    Lila

Comment

Hi everybody.:hallo:
      Just poppin in on a cloudy day. Was hoping for a warmer sunny one more condusive to kayaking... but it's not looking like it today
      Guess I'll get some chores done instead.
      Hope Ya''ll are having a great day.

I had a nice de-stressing after work the other night. There's a spa @ the lodge where I work, so a friend & I went & hot tubbed & swam laps after work. Unfortunately, my eyes are still red from the chlorine! But it was worth it....

Thatgirl, Have you tried L-glutamine? I take it daily. I really find it helps with cravings, and gives an extra boost of energy.
      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Hi all again. My foot is healing nicely, although I had an allergic reaction to the dressing which still hasn't disappeared despite it being off a week. There's like this square of red spots!!!
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Hi all!
          Deebs- thanks for the pic of the monkeys! They are so cute and I am wondering too - are they dangerous?

vlad - check in with Eve regarding the red spots and what to do about them. She's our resident
          RN.
          St. Jude-I love to kayak -I remember your old avatar kayaking on the lake.

Hi to Lila, Sunbeam ( I was thinking of you as I planted those potatoes and garlic all last week) j-vo and cyclefan and Thatgirl. Good to be back with you all.

Where are our boys lately?
          Good night -I've got a big day at work manana so I will check in on Thurs.
          Ciao-
          Toughen up!

Comment

Morning Squad!!!

I had a wonderful dinner with my ex-boss and his wife who is preggars with her first child last night. What fun to catch up on all the office gossip and be treated to the grand tour of baby's room -- I love baby clothes etc!!

As for the monkeys, they aren't dangerous unless provoked -- like us I suppose LOL!! If they do bite you then the biggest risk is rabies -- very very seldom do you hear of monkeys being violent.... more often than not it is humans shooting the sweet things.

Right, let me head out and spend another 3 hours picking my nose in traffic again (sigh!!)

Catch you all tomorrow.
            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hi all,
              Everyone sounds well. Deebs, good luck in that traffic mess! That's frustrating to say the least. Glad your foot is doing better Vlad. I bruised my toe pretty badly yesterday trying to do aerobics in my living room to the tv. I hit it pretty hard on a wrought (sp?) iron leg table leg. My whole foot looks bruised! Oh well. I'm skipping exercising today!

Today seems to be a better day for me. I'm on day two NF. I'm feeling very positive today, like I know I can kick this "other" demon in the ass. Well, I'm taking it ODAT anyhow. So keep me in your prayers to get through this first three days as that's usually the hardest. I think that's how long it takes nicotine to get out of your system. Once that's done, it's controlling the beast or walking away from it when it calls me - like Mr. AL!!! Oh these demons! Why can't there be a magical pill we can take for each demon?

Everyone- Delta, Cyclefan, St. Jude, Thatgirl, Lila, Sun, Moo, Eve, have a great day.
              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

J-Vo, you will know if and when to throw in the towel. Drink Tracker is about being honest with yourself, knowing just how much, how often. With it, you will have data you can use to set those goals.

Deebs, here's my eating plan (not a diet):
                most days I eat oatmeal with blueberries, ground flax seed and maple syrup
                vegetable soup with meat or beans
                raw baby carrots, orange, apple, banana
                snack: almonds, walnuts, toasted soy nuts, and dried cranberries
                whatever else for dinner, usually includes meat and a vegetable and a starch
                salad, yogurt often but not most days
                I have indulgences like a cookie, ice cream, maybe once per week

Cosmos, yes I love them, gotta plant them.

Delta Moon, I have already started digging up more garden space in front of my house. Who needs lawn???

Judie, I have a 1 person kayak, it lives at my friends house on a lake and mostly she is the one who uses it. My shoulders and knees have gotten bad in recent years, so both paddling and getting in/out are difficult.
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Sunbeam- in California so many people are digging up their lawns for veggie gardens. Its the new thing! I love it and if I didn't live in the desert more of my space would be for veggies too!

j-vo. good on you for day 2 NF! 2 soon becomes 3 and then 4 and so it goes...............

crankin' day at work and no time for me!- got to squeeze in some guitar pickin' tonight and relax with some Pellegrino.
                  Ciao!
                  Toughen up!

Comment

Yet another drizzly day here in the Great Northwest... Springtime seems to be just teasing us.
                    Flowers popping out everywhere, and a few "springers"(salmon), being caught in the river...
                    Bungee & I went for another hike in the old growth timber today perfect temp for going up & down the switchbacks... Not quite warm enough for paddling ...

When those sunny days finally get here though, I'm gonna have some beautiful roses!:h:H

J-vo, great job on NF!!

Sunbeam, I know what you mean about getting in & out of the boat... I don't have an ACL in my left knee, from all those years of skiing... Gotta be careful on those slippery rocks, & twisting ...
                    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

You gals are the bomb! What wonderful uplifting posts to read this fine and bright.

My dear Aunt passed away in the early hours of this morning. I thought the Doc's were optimitic when they said 6 months. It really is the best for her as her body was riddled with cancer and towards the end she just wasn't herself and became rather mean. Today I'll help my Mum get my Aunt's affairs in order and just be there for her really.

I am so pooped I could sleep a week.

Have a great day all!!

P.S. Anyone seen Kid? I hope the Man-flu didn't take him.
                      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hi Everyone. Great to hear you are all doing well!

Deebs, I am so sorry about your Aunt, but I would imagine its a blessed release for her ...x
                        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Thank-you Starts!!!

Comment

My sympathies, Deebs. I am glad your mom will have you with her, very sad.

Comment

ray:
                              DeeBee-My prayers are with you and your family.
                              Toughen up!

Comment

Deebee,
                                Sorry about your aunt. Take care of your mom. This is a hard time for her.
                                Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Working...
                                X