Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad Weekly Thread For 23rd March

Deebs,
    I am so sorry about your loss. Your aunt is resting in peace.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

DeeBee I've been thinking about you all day. Please accept my condolences for your loss. xo Beth
      vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Hi gang,
        DeeBee-My prayers are with you and your family.
        To the modders and lurkers - hello.
        Things are going well in modville for me. Read an interesting post (must have been on the general board) and the writer sounded like she shared Sunbeam's philosophy a lot. I think she was questioning if it was really considered moderating if you were always planning on week-end drinking and it suddenly made what Sunbeam has been saying make better sense to me. Perhaps true moderating is only having that drink on special occasions and not planning and thinking etc.
        For me for now however, I am just glad that my drinking has lessened. Being I only work 2 days a week it was easy to have the glass of wine with lunch or on a week day night when I didn't work the following day. This month so far I have not gone over the recommended limit of 7/week. Think it's been 5 or 6 a week so I'm happy about that. I've also maintained no more than 2 in an evening so no embarrassing behavior or consequences.
        I guess we could call it great harm reduction for me if it's not "true" moderating. But then that's all so subjective isn't it?
        Miss hearing from some of our regulars. I know people come and go and once again have to share my concern that I do believe coming here should be lifelong like A.A. is. Once you give up the support it's so easy for the stinkin' thinkin' (as they say in A.A.) to creep in and consume your life. Just hope most folks are busy living their lives and moderating as desired and will pop in now and again!
        Hugs,
        Eve11
        "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Thank you for your thougths and prayers -- it means a lot!!

Today I must find a wholesale florist to buy 60 roses from, start baking for the service on Tuesday and shop for a couple of other goodies which I need for the service. Mum and her sister are such champs, they are handling this with dignity and grace.

Eve, I also read that post and it got me thinking... I look forward to my 2 glasses of wine EVERY weekend.... I think. like you say, I am happy that my consumption has reduced drastically and I am no longer drinking during the week (unless it's a very special occassion) but it does bug me that I'm having those 2 glasses EVERY weekend whether their is an occassion or not -- possibly it's part of my journey and the next step is for me to take on the "Sunbeam Style".

Today the garden service are coming to help me plant my new hedge around my veggie garden -- I am so excited because I managed to buy the plants at a quarter of the normal price. We also have to cut down and poison 5 trees and plant out my new bed at the front of the house. I am looking forward to getting my hands dirty this afternoon, as it's been a while since I've had time to enjoy my garden.

Thought for today

"No one can choose your mountain,
          or tell you when to climb

It's yours alone to challenge
          at your own pace and time"
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hi Girls,
            Eve, I agree about coming here on a consistent basis. It keeps us grounded and on track. I had a therapist appt. on Wed. night, and I told him all the positive things I've been doing for myself. I was getting worried, though, that when I start back to work, I wouldn't be able to continue the good things that I'm doing. The time factor... ya know what I mean? But I have to find that balance, that moderation in all that I'm doing. It's the beginning of my journey for a better life. And I'll do what I can to continue it into my work life. And coming here is important to me. Having your support means so much!

Deebee, have fun in your garden today, gal! I don't have a green thumb, but maybe because it's because I never tried. I'd like to grow an herb garden because I've been cooking more than ever. Maybe I'll get a book on that this week. So many things to learn and do!

Have a great weekend all. I have classes tonight, tomorrow, and Sunday. So I'll talk to ya'll Monday.
            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Hi all
              Good things to ponder, Eve. For me the it is so much easier to be AF and not even have the "should I or not drink , 1 or 2, or will I be able to stop?" thoughts.
              I am really enjoying abstaining right now in my life and will see if AL fits into my life's picture if ever.

DeeBee - may your weekend be peaceful as you prepare for the service.

j-vo I agree that checking in with MWO helps us stay grounded and accountable. For that the drinktracker alone is great.

I have a show tonight and a great weekend planned- AL free!

May you all be blessed.
              Toughen up!

Comment

hi guys
                Just checking in and reading posts. I ordered some really cute new jeans. I do drink less now and work out, and it is nice to feel good wearing cute jeans. I am getting out a bit more, and feeling a bit more alive. I really have noticed feeling better without alcohol. It does make a difference. I went AF for two weeks, but now am back to one glass a night, which still is probably too much, really. I think so, anyways. I am on my third day of very high quality St John's Wort, and now am trying that with L-Tryptophan at night, I guess it boosts seratonin. I decided not to go on antidepressants, even though SSRIs kinda work good for me. I will try this again, and I do feel calmer. I may see a counseler, I think I have found a free one.
                Maybe it is the SJW but I am having the most amazing dreams at night. I love remembering dreams.
                Anyways, back to the kiddies, goodnight everyone!
                love
                Lila

Comment

Good morning everyone. It is 4:30 am here, I'm up early to catch a plane. I am going to visit my dad and step mom for a week. Hope everyone meets goals and stays positive, I'll check in when I get back.
                  vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Hiya Modders,

CF, damn that is early!! Have a safe flight and enjoy your visit wit your Dad and S Mom.

Lila, I am green with envy that you are buying cute jeans. Since I quit smoking my jeans are protesting!! Even though I have started yoga and begun a 6 week program, I haven't reaped any rewards on the scales as yet.

Hi DF, you are sounding fantastic girlfriend!!

Sun, I picked the biggest cucumber ever yesterday -- I can't believe how big they get if left alone. The monkeys don't steal them because they have very small thorns on the outside. Today looks like it's going to be another stinker so I'll only head out into the garden later this afternoon.

Today I have lots of baking to do for my aunt's funeral on Tuesday. I found a interesting recipe for hot cross buns which uses citrus peel and dark chocolate chips instead of raisins and white chocolate for the X on top -- yummy!! I am also going to try a milk tart recipe made from condensed milk -- pure evil I tell you!!

Did everyone participate in "Earth Hour" last night? We did, but hubby did keep the TV on as there was a "very very important" rugby match on.

Where is everyone????

Wishing everyone a sober sunday:-)
                    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

That sounds yummy - Deebee - maybe you'll post it in recipes?
                      Tuesday, huh? We will be thinking of you...makes me think I really have to enjoy every day, make the best of it, be there for my kids the best I can, all that.
                      Lila

Comment

It is really great you quit smoking - I think it is normal to gain a little, but you'll lose it.

Comment

Working...
                        X