Mod Squad week of April 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:H Sounds great to me! Thanks Kid!!(and Kid's Honey:h)

:welcome: bdd, see ya around campus!
    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Ho bdd- no one is helpless. I felt that way too when I joined but by lots of "work" I am a successful moderator and am currently enjoying a 49 day stint alcohol free. (AF) as we call it here. So, jump on board and take it minute by minute day by day. (ODAT-one day at a time).
      Blessings
      Toughen up!

Comment

Yep bdd, believe me... I was beyond desperate when I found this place.
        I was about as close as I could get, to driving my truck off a cliff into the ocean.
        Somehow I stumbled across this place, & it gave me enough hope to "keep on keepin' on"...
        Hang in there. It really does get better.:h
        There's a lot of good things ahead.
        This place is wonderful

:welcome: again...:l

Comment

PS prayers being sent...:h

Comment

Hi Everyone,
            Another beautiful day ahead of me. I spent lots of time outdoors yesterday doing yard work. The old dog is hanging on, she was with me quite a bit outdoors, tethered to my garden cart. She has rarely made it through the night without needing to go out, but she did last night. Sounds like a good thing, but it is likely that her systems are continuing to shut down. I am grateful for every day she is with us.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Ho Modsters

Back from holidays and far too much drinking every day - so hubbie and I started a 30 day AL free zone on Sunday. See how we go - were inspired by our son's 40 days without meat for lent (and he loves burgers, sausages, etc) so some how got talked into it by the kids. Wish me luck!

Bx

Comment

Hi all,
                Checking in with you. I'm on vacation in Florida. Got here yesterday. I modded my first day, having two glasses of wine. I've upped my dosage of kudzu and l-glut to three times a day while I'm vacationing. My plan is moderation! So far so good. LOL! Only been here a day, but got up this morning and took a three mile walk. On my way to the pool with diet coke in hand. Talk to you all tomorrow.
                Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

:goodjob: JVO! You're off to a great start.

Welcome Bdd, and hi everyone. I'm feeling better today. The sun is shining, and I got out for a nice hike in the woods with my pup. Yesterday I got my hair high-lighted and my nails manicured...Funny how that superficial girlie stuff cheers me up sometimes.

Hubby has called several times today just to say hi and tell me he loves me, so that helps too. It's not like him to call much from work.

I'm headed out to do some gardening while the kids play in the back yard. Be well everyone...Mad Mummy, good luck with your 30 days, and Bdd, stick around. Search the site. Know that you're not alone. I think that's what helps me most of all.

Sara
                  "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Well; God bless you all...

(I realize that no one sneezed...) :H

I have been helping Ed out too much this week;
                    but there's good and bad to that.
                    Getting up early;fixing Cat's lunch and Bee's breakfast
                    then going in to help Ed with his freaky friends
                    has just left me feeling so energized and blessed these days.
                    (Even though I have exerted myself far beyond my preferred boundaries)

So I say:
                    "God bless you all"
                    God bless my MWO friends in their time of distress,stress and need.
                    God bless your vacations and leisure time.
                    God bless your efforts.
                    May the mountains flatten and the canyons rise.
                    May your road be smooth and flat.
                    God bless the freaky,the needy, the neurotic and bipolar among us.
                    They can be aggravating, but they need love too.
                    If anything can work out right, please Lord let it...
                    I am settled in all cozy with Bee; supper's cooking.
                    Cat will be home soon.
                    I'm just about as happy as I get.
                    So I'm cracking open a beer.:H
                    "The Mod Life is the Good Life"

~Kid~
                    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
                    ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Happy reasons are good reasons to drink, eh Kid? As long as it's not too often. If that happens, happy turns to sad, and what's the point of that?!?

My life is as good as yours, I think. I'm grateful for every day.
                      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Don't lose track...

Sunbeam,
                        Yes Dear; Happy..celebratory reasons are GREAT reasons to drink,
                        if you drink.
                        It's better to drink when happy than sad,yes?
                        And I do believe your life IS as good as mine;
                        perhaps better.
                        What we have in common
                        is our gratitude for every day!!
                        ~KId~
                        ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Thank you for the blessings Kid. How lovely.
                          "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

I'm BAAAAACK!!!
                            Haven't had time to catch up on everyones news, but had to pop in and say HI to all my chommies (SA for friends) here.
                            We have had a fantastic holiday, fishing, eating, sleeping, swimming, eating some more lol. I swear my work pants felt a little tighter when I put them on this morning!!
                            (I'm supposed to be working, so I'll catch up with you all a bit later:-)
                            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Morning Modsters, Feeling a bit yuk today must be lack of AL!!! Busy day ahead and Day 4 AF so should start to feel really good tomorrow...... please say that's right!!

Comment

Yes...

1) Mad Mummy; that's absolutely right!

2) I want to live with DeeBee!

A dreary morning in the Midwest with the promise of afternoon sun.
                                Cat's at an educational event.
                                Bee is at school.
                                LazyDog and I will want to go for a walk soon.
                                There's leftover ham from Easter and he knows it;
                                he's not going to touch the dry dog food unless he must...
                                ~Kid~
                                ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Working...
                                X