Mod Squad week of April 13

Tears in my eyes, Kid. Love you too.
    Hi cyclefan- have fun with Reilly.
    Blessings
    Toughen up!

Comment

Morning all,
      Ok, last night wasn't as good as it's been. We went to see a country band and it was in the grand ballroom. I danced lots which was really fun, but I didn't keep track of the beer I drank. Little buggered! I have to say, though, I drank plenty of water in between and probably ate a whole bag, maybe two of potato chips! Oh well, back to modding today.

When I get back home, I'm going to do a 30 AF stint. I get home on Monday. Anyone up for that?

Sara and Delta - I'm sending hugs your way. That has to be really hard. Sara, do you think your husband is just stressed about staying with his folks? I know when I have something stressful coming up, I get really down and crabby. Hopefully, your vacation will be enjoyable for the whole family.

Sun - yum! I've been eating like a queen here. My mom steamed shrimp the other night in beer and bay seasonings and they were delicious. I love good food! And potato chips!

Kid - sending more smiles and waves!

Mad M. - keep goin' girlfriend. You're doing so well.

Cyclefan - Enjoy every minute with your little grandson. I miss my son so much right now. He's actually been very talkative on the phone while I've been gone, so I think he misses me too.

Ok modders - I'm off again to the pool with my dad. My senior friends are waiting for me!
      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Delta Moon,
        We all love you! Your faith is stong, so you will get through the current trials. I imagine that after a couple makes a big change, including getting alcohol under control or out, some counseling would be in order when the people are ready. We always want to blame someone, don't we? And that leads to anger, I imagine.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Thanks, Sun. BTW my onions came up!
          Toughen up!

Comment

"Kid, who loves you? "

Well, I do, that's for sure! :h:h:h:h:

All is well here...Hubby is bending over backwards to try and be in my good graces. I feel sorry not to be available emotionally or physically, but I'm just not. Still, we are rolling along, with friends of the kids visiting non-stop, (I admit, I take pride in being the one with "the fun house to hang out in"). My oldest was thrilled out of his mind to get a D.S. for his birthday, and didn't care that it wasn't a DS-I. :wd: He is the sweetest kid ever (IMHO) and I am so blessed to call him mine.

Love to all,
            Sara
            "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Lots of love and good wishes, Delta Moon. You're doing great, and I so admire you!
              "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

DM it's wonderful to hear from you and hear you are doing so damn well. I remember reading when I first joined MWO that sometimes when AL is removed from a relationship there is nothing left of the relationship and we have to prepare ourselves for that possibility. At the time I thought to myself that I'd rather have my hubby and be a drunk than be sober and without him.... I am grateful that I never had to made that decision as hubby has been great and supported me 100%.

Sara, I hope that you find your way out of the funk you're in -- it sucks, I know.

Sun, I don't think I've ever eaten shrimp before but the image you have given me of you sitting on the patio is just bliss. I finally have some ME time this weekend and I intend to spend it ALL in the garden. Winter is approaching so I must be my tush into gear and prepare a couple of beds. We also start building in a months time so I have to transplant my aubergine (brinjal) plants -- don't know if it'll work but it's worth a try.

Kid, sending sunny skies, happy thought and positive vibes to you on this special Sunday.

WTF, it is 7am Sunday morning and my BIL is trying to call me!!! How rude!! He and his wife are down for a week or so and "forgot" to tell us so I assume he is now phoning to try and make plans to visit... WHATEVER!! I sound a bit bitchy dont I? Yeah well, it burn's my butt that we make the effort to travel to see them and it's not recipocated (sp?).
                Enought being bitchy.
                I'm gonna make a cuppa and sit on the porch to contemplate my garden changes.

Have a FANTASTIC Sunday everyone!!
                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hi Modders! I slept until 10am this morning what a luxury. Since I don't have anything planned for today I don't feel guilty AT ALL. (Oh, that old Catholic Girl Guilt Syndrome, when will it go away, ever?) I guess I should do a couple of loads of laundry. I would probably do more but I CONVENIENTLY forgot to buy laundry detergent yesterday in my weekly shopping foray. One of my money saving measures is that if I don't get what I need on my once a week trip then I go without, because I find that if I go back to the market I buy impulsively.

I'm starting my 30 days AF today if anyone want to join in feel free. The first time I did 30 days I was scared to death of not having any alcohol for that amount of time. Now I'm looking forward to it. Funny I've been thinking about doing this for two weeks and today I just woke up and thought "Today is the Day!"

Well, off to do nothing. Hope everyone has a fabulous day!
                  vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Hey Everyone,
                    Cyclefan, why are you a cylcle fan? What is the meaning of this? Do you ride? Or are you a spectator? Suddenly, I just wondered.

Thanks for the good wishes, DeeBee...I guess I'd say I'm out of my funk. I don't know what is going to become of my marriage. I think that is a story yet to unfold. My husband is really making me buggered (I didn't quite use that right, did I? :H) But I'm feeling energetic, and pretty positive.

JVO
                    , glad to hear your good attitude about getting back to modding after a night of losing track of how many beers you had. I used to feel like a failure with every little backslide. Now I see it as a process...as long as I'm generally moving forward, and drinking less, it's good. We are breaking the worst of our habits and patterns.

How's everyone else? Busy, I guess. I'm off to Florida tomorrow. Packed and ready to go. Hubby will bring his laptop, so I hope to check in, but probably won't be able to do so as much as usual. My plan is to stick to 2 glasses of wine a day. I've got a new little mantra, Kid
                    ..."More than two, makes me blue..."

'Night all. Sara

Comment

Working...
                    X