Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The mod Squad Weekly Thread: Week of April 27, 2009

Welcome KickStart, glad you found us.

Some of us are more notorious than others, right Kid?
    vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Glad I found you guys. Just new to this thread. I have been doing really well with modding this week. Had 1/2 GLASS of wine last night. Hadn't had anything since Sat. Usually the bottle would have been empty and I would have looking for more.

Anyway, heres to Thursday!!!

ps - I can't believe the energy and clear thoughts I have when I am not drinking. I have been to the gym, eating right, and drinking my H2O.

Comment

WTG GTFG!!!

Way to go, Goingtofeelgreat....
        You're doing it!
        Like Kid says "The Mod Life is the Good Life"
        Thanks, CF.
        I guess "cycle" stands for Bi-cycle?

Comment

[QUOTE=I guess "cycle" stands for [b]Bi[/b]-cycle?
          yuppers, I am too old and fat to ride one myself, but I follow the European peloton with a great deal of passion. I even have my own fantasy cycling team but it's not doing so great this year.

Welcome goingtofeelgreat, glad you found us down here. Don't be shy about posting this is a nice group with a lot of support for the Mod life.
          vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

my name is cubfan1970618

I found this site yesterday and hope I can tell some of these great stories I,m hearing. I have been drinking since about 19 with the guy's watching sports hanging at the travern's at 21.I turned 39 2 weeks ago and am trying to give it up stopped for almost 2 day's then bought a sixer.I can sit and drink 6 or 10 beer's a night but, when the weekend comes I think I need more.It's just time to get rid of it, everybody thinks I'm going to die with a can of beer in my hand.I quit about 3 yrs ago for 1 1/2 yrs and then picked it back up

Comment

Hooray!!!

Sorry, everyone!
              My computer was saying "server busy" for about 24 hours after I made a comment to someone who was RUDE to me...
              You KNOW how tolerant I am with that kind of behavior!!:H
              I thought I had been cut off,disciplined or banned..
              or something;
              but it's OK!!

I'm cooking supper for my girlie so I can't talk now!
              ~Kid~
              It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
              ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Hi! Welcome kickstart, cubfan and goingtofeelgreat!
                This is a great place to redesign the rest of your life!
                Blessings
                Toughen up!

Comment

Delt!!

How are you?
                  I don't have time to go back throught the threads now...but you had ONE drink after all that time; you were going to check in on Hubby...
                  I think...
                  What's going on with ya?
                  You OK?
                  It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
                  ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Hi all,
                    Hey, 3 newbies in one day - that's great! Welcome cubfan, Kickstart and goingtofeelgreat (can we just call you Great?). If you haven't already done this, I'm an advocate of going at least 30 days AF before attempting to drink moderately. You need to learn how to live without alcohol in order to keep it in your life, I think. But jump in, learn to swim, find your own personal balance.
                    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Wow!! Welcome Kickstart, Great and Cubfan,

I agree with Sunbeam. Abstinence for 30 days is a great plan in order to lower any increased physical tolerance to alcohol and to re-establish priorities in your lives. You'll also be amazed at how much better you feel and sleep without drinking as well.

So glad to have you all on board. Share a little about yourselves if you feel inclined.
                      Hugs,
                      Eve11
                      "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Kid- I'm great! Had 60 AF days then decided to dip my toe in the water and had a drink. Didn't like it. Hubby's decided to go the drink on the weekend route, modding. We'll see. Celebrating together this Fri. and we've decided to share some vino with the special dinner. So, I'm good!
                        Missed you all- good to be home and back here at MWO. 5 days is a long time not checking in here.
                        Blessings
                        Toughen up!

Comment

Welcome KickStart, Great & Cubfan!
                          What tools are you using to change your old attitud and habits towards AL?
                          I began by reading the book "My Way Out" with is a quick and inspiring read. It explains clearly exactly how the program incorporated Meds, Supps, Diet and exercise for a healthy new lifestyle.
                          I'm looking forward to getting to know you both:-)

Eve, I must've spent a good hour yesterday thinking about my post I was going to write on the Changes thread, then spend a good 20 minutes typing it out, only to have a power surge and lost it all!! Arggghhh!!

To all my mod friends, have a great Friday.... pop in and say hi when you can.
                          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Morning all,
                            It's Friday, not that this day is any different from others for me! I've had a kind of difficult week. Adding in more changes for myself, and although my mood hasn't been great, kind of felt depressed, today I have a little spark of hope for feeling better. Even though I've had diffuculties this week, I have some positives that I made myself realize and write down. I haven't drank since I decided to do 30 days starting on Monday, I've power walked, I haven't smoked, and I've eaten good foods in moderate portions all week. Ok, I'm pattin' myself on the back!

Welcome to Kickstart, cubfan, and Great! Great, looks as though you've already begun a new lifestyle for yourself and feeling the benefits of it. Congrats to you.

Delta - sometimes my modding on the weekends turns into weekend binge drinking. That is something after my 30 days I will focus on to improve. I've got some tools I'll be using such as the kudzu, never drinking two days in a row, and never drinking the hard stuff. Oh, and sipping and not gulping!

Eve, good to see you back after a busy week!

Cyclefan, Deebs, Kid (who'd you piss off now! just kidding!) Sunbeam, MadMummy, and everyone, have a great day!
                            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Sunbeam -- My heart breaks for you. Been thinking of you.

Sara -- Prayers for you.

Do we have perhaps a little more testosterone on the thread? Welcome all!

Lovingly lurking, Lena

Comment

Lena!! It's great to hear from you -- how are you??

J-Vo, I know how hard it is to give up smoking, but seriously, you are doing just great.

Vladster, how was your birthday yesterday? I hope you got spoilt rotten:-)

Today is overcast, a bit chilly, definetly couch weather, but NO I will not waist my weekend. My sister came up yesterday and decided to spend the weekend with us so last night we went out for a lovely dinner and today we are going to get our hair cut. Mine in nearly by my bum and I'm thinking of doing something drastic :-D Ill keep you posted.
                                I am going to attempt to make a Vindaloo a bit later and then it's rugby all afternoon.

WHERE IS EVERYONE!!??
                                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Working...
                                X