Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mod Squad Week of 5/4/09

Here's a quirky song for all of us short people:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NvgLkuEtkA[/video]]YouTube - Randy Newman - Short People

I guess I'm down to 5'1" now, because my spine keeps curving in spite of a rod that is supposed to keep it straight. Maybe if I could be stretched I'd be 5'4" or 5'5".
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Delta - Good luck with your big show this week! We'll be prayin for you and your fingers. You're our rocker in the modders!

Sunbeam - I remember that song all too well.

St. Judie - My hubby is 6' 3"! Yes, we look kinda funny together in a pic too. Usually one of our heads gets cut out of the pic!
      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Hi Shorties,

I am sooo in need of an AF week. I made a $20 bet with a friend at work, challenging each other to go from tonight until next Monday without a drink. I bought some Kudzu today, and I'm going to try Tryptophan and Valerian for sleep tonight. I've been wondering if I should stop taking Klonopin for sleep. I know I take it to calm my anxiety at bedtime, and also to soothe my nerves when I'm frustrated with Hubby at that time. In that sense, it's a little like wine for me.

I really, really want to just make it through 7 days....I've done it before, but it's been a while. And I know 7 days doesn't sound like a lot, but it feels like it when I've gotten back into the daily habit. I'm geared up for taking my supps, eating well, and exercising every day....I don't know how many times I've been down this road, but maybe one of these days I'll be able to stay on it for longer.

My "modding" turned into 3-5 drinks a day on our vacation, and last night I had 5 or 6. So it's cleansing time.

Best of luck with "the show" Delta dear...And take care, everyone! Goodnight. Sara
        "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

j-vo;607243 wrote: Yes, we look kinda funny together in a pic too. Usually one of our heads gets cut out of the pic!
          Twin...that is so funny as that's what happens to us too! He's 6 feet and I'm barely 5'4 and his head (esp. with kids in the pix) gets chopped off constantly. LOL! :H
          Eve11
          "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

LMAO -- we are the short sh*t modders!!!

You know what really sucks is that my daughter at 14 is already taller than me!!!

Sara, good on you for taking that bet!! I found being held accountable really helped me achieve my goals if I was taking strain. Let us know if there is any way we can help you achieve your 7 days AF.

Hi Judie, Sun, Eve, Kid (where are you??), Vladster (check in), DM (good luck), J-Vo, and all lurking.

I must travel for a bit -- see ya later, alligators
            (yeah, i know, it's real corny, but SO WHAT!)
            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hey all! Just going to say this - I need some quality AF time.
              Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

vlad;607403 wrote: Hey all! Just going to say this - I need some quality AF time.
                Tell me if there is anything I can do, k? I'll go AF with you Vladster, let me know where and when and I'll be there!!!:l
                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Morning modders,
                  5' 4" Eve! You're the tallest of our vertically challenged bunch. Lucky you!

Sara, whatever it takes to rack up some AF days for yourself, is a good thing. I think the bet is a great idea. As for klonopin, is that like Adivan? Well, I have for a long time taken adivan to make sure I sleep well, but while I'm mostly AF, I find that I don't need it. I sleep well without it. I think I could easily get hooked on the idea of taking it every night, hence, another addiction to deal with. So I've been avoiding it at all costs. I do think that melatonin works well, too. I've never tried Valerian.

Deebs - Can you really hear it that well in the next room? Oh! Hey, did you ever try earplugs? Another one of my tricks. I buy the silicone earplugs and they work wonders.

Hi Vlad! You can do this AF time. ODAT.

Ok to the rest of you modders, have a productive day.
                  Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Hi Eve11, DeeBee and all...

I feel good today! No alcohol or Klonopin last night, and I slept like a log. I took Valerian root and L-Tryptophan. Tonight I think I'll try just the L-Tryp and see how I do.

Took a nice hike and ate a lunch of stir-fried vegies with quinoa and some grated cheese. Yum.

Traveling, DeeBee? You're not leaving us for long, are you?

Thanks for the support everyone!

Sara
                    "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

We cross-posted, JVO, so hi to you, too! Klonopin is a "benzo". It is "habit-forming". I suppose Valerian or any of the natural stuff could be psychologically habit forming, too. But with Klonopin, you start to need more after a while to get the same effect. It's used for anxiety, and sleep.

Jeez, Vlad, I missed your post too! Want to commit to being AF from now through the weekend with me? Anyone else?
                      Be well, everybody!

Comment

Sarasmiles;607739 wrote:
                        Jeez, Vlad, I missed your post too! Want to commit to being AF from now through the weekend with me? Anyone else?
                        Will have a go, just going to aim for today to start off with.
                        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Hey Deebs, I want to hear what the new haircut looks like!
                          Sara you sound so healthy- hikes, quinoa and all. Keep it up!
                          vlad I'm in with you going AF.
                          Hi to j-vo Eve and any one lurking about- we had some new blood but they haven't checked in this week yet. Oh and where's Kid?
                          Blessings
                          Toughen up!

Comment

Before they catch me!!

I sent a couple of PMs..
                            No doubt the "Thought Police" will be right on this...
                            Before they catch me..
                            Yes, I have been banned.. I don't really think I'm any worse than many of the foul mouthed females we see here and there..
                            But I'm not a friend of anyone in high places, I'm male and I'm a Modder
                            There's 3 strikes!
                            My mC mechanic has also been banned (guilt by association)...Kickstart
                            I don't know what else to do... so "Goodbye" for now!!
                            ~Kid Shelleen~
                            rustybike55@yahoo.com

Comment

Hi Kid - thought I recognised you, your posts have a distinctive style!

Well, Sara and Delts - hubby asked me if I wanted any wine. I said 'No.'

Gonna stick that '0' on before I change my mind!!! :H

Comment

DONE!!!

I have a apple and raspberry J2O in the fridge, going for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X