Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mod Squad Week of 5/4/09

Hi Everyone, Day 26 for me today - yay!

Sara - that's so great about the biopsy, best of luck with hubby.

Hi to everyone else.

Bx

Comment

Was done with one!

Hi guys,

Hubby and I went out for a lovely dinner last night. Our "date" night as I have to be up super early for a work project tomorrow and want to go to bed early tonight.

After my recent posting about alcohol I thought I'd try the "one and I'm done"
      ( :thanks: Kid) route as even drinking 2 while dining is more than 1 drink per hour. As I'm researching different articles on drinking I am understanding more and more how we beat our bodies up with alcohol and it's making me so much more aware to me kinder to this body I was bestowed. Did take an L-Glut as I knew we were going out and easily kept it to the one drink.

Have a good week-end friends and lurkers. I encourage a lurker to make the jump and send us a message - the mod squad is always looking for someone new to share their stories.
      Hugs,
      Eve11

Addendum: Just read the previous posts here...welcome to BDD and Sprockets! Keep posting - look forward to getting to know you both.
      "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

I just bought the book by Alan Carr and controlling your drinking. I'll be excited to share info. when I get it.
        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Kid

My thread on the Sinclair Method, and other threads about naltrexone, have been met with hostility at times ranging from skeptical to snippy to outright abusive. Nothing Kid could have said can compare with some of the posts there. The worst were from a beloved member of the community who had some sort of meltdown and posted some low-life stuff. I was worried at the time about the person but there has been no effort to clean up the mess made of some threads. An apology to the member personally attacked would have been nice but not necessary. I just would liked to have seen some cleanup. So it just galls me that Kid would be banned. I must admit that I do not read his posts on other threads so maybe there's more to it.

Comment

Sara I am so relieved for you. Been through that. Tough to have those thoughts about your kids sneak up on you. Hope you resolve things w/ hubby in counseling. At least he is willing to go.

Comment

lenaleed;609601 wrote: My thread on the Sinclair Method...
              Lenaleed,
              Your thread on the Sinclair Method is absolutely fascinating. I can't remember...was it on subs? If so, many folks can't read it.

I would encourage you to post something about it on our "Do the math thread" as we're sharing health related topics. It was fascinating to read how the drug discussed diminishes the desire to drink by blocking the endorphins that are released when you drink. So, block what makes you feel good when you drink and there?s not as much a desire to repeat the behavior. VERY interesting.

Please share more as we have folks that lurk here who are debating whether they can mod or not and probably modders wondering if they can really do it.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge on this subject matter! Very informative and from what I've read I believe this drug has probably saved many people's lives!

Big hugs,
              Eve11
              "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                It really warmed my heat to read all your latest posts...Thanks for the good wishes and for your happy responses to my biopsy news.

DeeBee, sounds like you had a good little reminder of why we're working so hard not to "over-do" it, with no major harm done. You'll feel better soon, and I bet you'll be more mindful next time.

Eve, that's awesome that you were able to stick to one. I have to admit, I'm still at the "what's the point of having one?" stage. I mean, I see the point...the social/ambiance aspect...the taste with food. Normal drinkers do it all the time. But I know I drink mostly for the buzz, and one invariably makes me want a second. Two I can do. Most of the time!

Anyway, I'm on day 5 AF, and feeling good. Rough times with Hubby, and yet I'm not falling apart, and I'm feeling strong. That's absolutely because I'm not drinking. You're so right J-VO...that it's a time to stay clear-headed. We're going to meet with a couples' therapist next week. I really reached a breaking point, and saw that things have to change. I know I never post the positive stuff about our marriage, and of course it's there. He is a loving Dad, and can be a very loving husband. He's incredibly smart, intellectually. But not emotionally. Nuff said.

I'm seeing my mom this weekend...A trigger in the past. I'm determined not to drink with her tomorrow night. I've written pages in my journal about why I shouldn't. I'll bring it with me, along with my Kudzu and L-Glut.

Hello to the new folks...welcome to the Mod Squad!

Well, off to bed...Sober and relaxed. Thank you all sooo much for your support.
                Sara
                "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Morning Modders!!
                  And a cold and wet one it is too - lovely stuff! I am cuddled up in bed with my coffee, laptop and headphones, listening to HayHouse Radio and catching up on yesterdays news - what more could a girl ask for.

I have nothing too strenous planned for today other than take Mumsie for a massage this afternoon and catch the rugby later - I love the mod life!!

Lena, great to see you posting here!! I used to so enjoy your Sinclair thread -- it was informative and very supportive.

Eve, again thank you for the research you are sharing with us -- you are a mine of information:-)

Kid, is it HHG's first day at work today?

To everyone else I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and a special Mother's Day tomorrow.
                  "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                    I read this thread every day, but am trying to spend less time here in general, especially posting because it takes more time than reading. I still love you all! Thanks you for all of your support over the loss of our dog. We are slowly healing.

Sara, so glad to hear the news about your biopsy. You are handling life better without the alcohol, as you tell it. Glad too that your husband with many good traits has agreed to counseling (again, I think?). If he doesn't change, would you be happier without him? I guess that's the question every unhappy partner needs to ask at some point.

Eve, thanks for starting that new thread. I need to look up and post what I read this week (on Web MD?) that ONE HALF glass of wine daily is optimum. That's 2.5 oz.

Deebs, I expect I am done posting on that gardening Q's and A's thread. People didn't like that it wasn't a separate section, like recipes, so they can look things up. This is not a change that I am pursuing, so if you have gardening questions, just post them here.

MadMummy, good for you on 25 days AF!

Sprockets, did you come here from Smart Recovery like Kid and Sara? If not, I would recommend some signficant AF time, at least 30 days, to learn how to live life without alcohol.

Kid, you are missed but you are making a choice.

The sun is out but rain and wind are coming. I'm off to a community walk to look at the bluebells in full bloom.
                    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Saturday...

Went for a walk early and took the umbrella just in case.
                      Though it wasn't that windy on the ground,
                      there was a layer of grey clouds blowing rapidly from the Southwest.
                      Mixed with the smell of the recent rain,
                      the wind felt like one blowing near the ocean.
                      There was no one on the streets.
                      It was surreal.

Put together a little "Mother's Day" celebration for my sweetie last evening.
                      Ordered food from our favorite haunt;
                      had candles and flowers, cards and presents out on the table...
                      The phone rings;
                      do you see this coming?
                      She is going to be 90 MINUTES LATE!!!
                      So I poured her half a glass (she doesn't really drink)
                      and proceeded to start on the rest of the bottle of wine.
                      Not the best Modding.

The evening was an enormous success
                      when she finally made it home from work...
                      She hugged me and thanked me.
                      The daughter had painted her a picture.
                      The food was superb.
                      I didn't drink the whole bottle of wine after all,
                      and feel good today.

I'm getting up the gumption to do my AF time, Sunbeam.
                      You are doing well, Sara; You too MM!
                      My best to all...
                      Peace,
                      Sprockets
                      Everyone has a right to love and be loved, and nobody on this earth has the right to tell anyone that their love for another human being is morally wrong.

BARBRA STREISAND

Comment

Hey all! Wish there was a 2.5 on the Drink Tracker, now I have to put 3.
                        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Vlad,
                          I share your gripe. Sharing a bottle of wine yields about 5 glasses, not 6. That 2.5 is a common quantity for me, and it isn't available for accurate recording. Though maybe I'm more likely to drink 3 and my husband 2 glasses....depending on the day.
                          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

The biggest, fullest, pastel Moon...

...Fleeing a rising Sun this morning.
                            It's no wonder they used to make up romantic myths and stories about them.
                            What a beautiful day.
                            I hope it is for all of you too.

GF still all hugs and kisses;
                            she really appreciated the early "Mothers Day" Dinner on Friday.
                            Her other daughter is home from college (new tattoo),
                            so the home is FULL of grrls for the M Day Weekend!

Had 3 glasses of wine last night.
                            I have a problem starting AF.
                            I usually have to "over induldge" and wake with a bit of a hangover before I can get motivated!
                            C’est la vie!
                            I'm going out to explore...
                            It's already sunny and beautiful out.
                            Peace,
                            Sprockets
                            Everyone has a right to love and be loved, and nobody on this earth has the right to tell anyone that their love for another human being is morally wrong.

BARBRA STREISAND

Comment

Dh went on a bender last night, called me at 1 in the morning to tell me he'd f*cked up the car - couldn't get back to sleep after that so I am super grumpy and p*ssed off with the world today.
                              I had to fetch him this morning from the friends house (still dressed in my Pj's) and nearly cried when I saw the car - idiot! So, NO coffee in bed for this mother this morning never mind the breakfast -- I am just so dissapointed and so damn angry right now!

Sorry to vent and be such a downer but he is trying to make light of it and really I am just not in the mood:-(
                              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Awwwhhh Deebs, Huge hugs to you my friend. I am so sorry to hear that...
                                I can understand exactly why you are so furious...I know about the making light too...fecking livid that makes me :l
                                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Working...
                                X