The Mod Squad Week of 5/4/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Starts -- If I didn't vent I would go and chop his you-know-what off!!
    I do feel slightly sadistic when I see him looking so green around the gills and I have no syypathy -- I'm sure I've felt the same before, but I've never buggered up his fathers day -- in fact I always make it a really special day.
    Oh well, enough bitching, I must go and take a happy pill and join the family again.
    Have a good one Starts.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Take care Deebers. Let me know if you need any help, Lorena Bobbit is my alter ego :-)
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

((DeeBee))

DeeBee,
        Oh, I'm sorry too!
        That's terrible!
        But doesn't it seem like life is like that sometimes??
        The absolute worse timing;
        but a VERY memorable story for the future.
        "We'll LAUGH about this someday,honey!...Yuk,Yuk"
        ****Happy Mothers Day!!!***

Peace,
        Sprockets
        Everyone has a right to love and be loved, and nobody on this earth has the right to tell anyone that their love for another human being is morally wrong.

BARBRA STREISAND

Comment

Deebs,
          I am so sorry all this happened. You are so disappointed in DH - nothing is worse than a reformed drinker or smoker, they say! And to ruin YOUR day, to boot.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

DeeBee
            We had a nice dinner out last night. Saw a beautiful woman at the bar. Long blonde hair, long legs, beautiful figure. As she stood up to walk away my husband said "Oh, wow...look at her!". She was stumbling and weaving and a man came up behind her to steady her and get out of the place without falling down drunk.
            I looked at her and thought "But for the Grace of God, there go I".
            DeeBee, sorry about hubby and the unfortuante episode. So glad it wasn't YOU though, and as you're doing so much better in your recovery process I hope that can give you a little light on this black cloud.
            Chin up!
            Happy Mother's Day,
            Eve11
            p.s. I got through my first Mother's Day brunch without a mimosa as an excuse to drink. Fresh squeezed oj only. The mod life is the good life when one can mod well!
            "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Everyone,
              Oh DeeBee, that just stinks. I'm so sorry!

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there. Mine was pretty good. I took just my five year old (the light of my life! He is an angel, and the cutest thing there ever was, except, I'm sure, all of your five year olds...) to visit with my mom for the weekend. I told her yesterday that I was not drinking, because I was feeling vulnerable to depression. She was supportive, and I got through the evening without a drink, so I did my week, as planned.

We came home this afternoon, and I had a talk with Hubby, and that helped a bit. We have a lot of work to do, but I'm not giving up yet. For the first time in our 12 year marriage, though, I am starting to try and imagine how I would re-build my life if we weren't together. With three beloved children, it would be a last possible resort. I pray that it won't come to that, but things do need to change between us.

He bought a bottle of wine for my Mother's Day dinner, and I had two glasses. I didn't love it...Maybe the Kudzu and L-Glut were at play. It was easy to stop at two. I want to be AF for the next three days, at least, while he is away and I'm home alone with the kids. What to do with the remaining wine in the bottle...Did I read here once that it can be frozen? What in?

I'll see you tomorrow. Best to all.
              Sara
              "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Sara,
                I've heard of freezing it into ice cube trays, for future use in cooking.

(Just make sure ya label it...)

Happy Mother's Day everybody!:l

Hubby's B-day today, so he's out having a few beers after golfing.
                I didn't feel like going. Tired & sore from starting a painting job w/vaulted 16' high ceilings yesterday,... the extention ladder weighs more than me!
                Plus I'm fighting a cold now...:upset:

Just hangin' out with Bungee dog watching the Birthday cake dry out...
                The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Working...
                X