Mod Squad Week of 5/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad Week of 5/11

Hi all: Sunny Wednesday here and its my day off. Getting golden hightlights in my not hair today YEA!
    Deebs: Thanks for the thoughts about our daughter's behaviours. I was reading a book last night about the adoption issues faced by adolescents as we learned last week that my daughter's birth mom lives in our state and has a 4 year old son. . . something we feel should share with our daughter. So we continue this dance of helping this almost 15 year old grow into her own person as she learns to separate from us, and as we're learning seperate from her "shadow parents" (birthparents) as well. . . a process further frustrated by lack of contact and info from the latter. But I'm trying to work on it on all fronts.

Thanks all too for the support about my Mom. I've not mentioned it before because I'm in the field and I understand the disease and have cared for so many Alzheimers patients, but honestly there are just days I could cry this is so sad for me.. .even though I know all about it, it's still my mom and it hurts. ALOT. So today I make my reservations to go visit. AND make some vacation plans for the summer for myself so I have something fun to look forward to. You just gotta live your life.

After a not so great April, I'm trying to get back onto my 4 AF/ 3 modding nights schedule this month. With the topo I've found I've been able to keep my quantities reasonable, 1-3 per night, but I haven't had the AF nights I'd like and it shows up in my weight and a tendency towards being more depressed. So for anyone struggling, hang in there with me and let's use drink tracker to keep honest and to know others are looking to us for support. I find all of your posts a great inspiration.

Eve; I've started taking l-glut again based on your posts! I think it's helping!

Love to all.

G

Comment

Mod Squad Week of 5/11

Ask, I have no experience at all with Alzheimers, with the exception of what Wip told me about her Mom, but the little I do know I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. And you are dealing with it daily at work and with your Mom -- I really admire you for holding it together, you are an amazing woman.

Wow Ask I can only imagine the stress and anxiety it must cause you trying to make the right decision for your daughter.
      My BIL had a child the same time I had my daughter, they are 10 days apart. The mother is a very good friend of mine but they did not stay together. In fact my BIL hardly showed any interest in my niece when she was a baby. Long story short, my friend married a wonderful guy and he adopted my niece. This weekend gone, my niece sms'd me asking for her father (my BIL's) contact details. She is ready to meet him finally and he is really keen to see her. It has made things rather awkward with the adults but really it's not about us, is it so we have given her the phone number and we'll see what happens.

Sending you a huge fat hug from across the pond!!
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Mod Squad Week of 5/11

Wow Deebs: I'd be so excited/but also nervous/anxious if we had the birthmom's contact info. I know when we tell my daughter the the b=mom lives in our state she's going to want to meet her. Don't think b=mom will agree right now. Managing expectations and feelings at this point is a big job, for us and for the kids. I'll be interested to hear how your situation goes.
        xxoo.
        G

Comment

Mod Squad Week of 5/11

sooooo, I woke up super excited this morning..... today is my MWO birthday lol!! I've been here a year and I've finally got up the nerve to write my story...... eish, that was a toughie!

A special special thanks to all of you here on this thread who give me support every single day. I do believe I would not still be here if it were not for you.

Lots of Love
          Dee
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Mod Squad Week of 5/11

Happy Birthday Deebs!!!

Haven't had a chance to read your story yet - but good on you for doing it.

Last day in the office today and finally have some work to do.....

Ask - My 2 children are adopted as well, daughter 13 and son 11. Their situation is a little easier as the whole family were dreadfully ill treated by birth Mum, so their feelings are not warm towards her at all! But I know what you mean, you are their real Mum and Dad because you're there when they need you and you pick up all the crap as well, BUT and it's a big but, the birth parents are always there lurking in the background. I truly hope it all works out OK for you and your daughter.

Must do some more so bye for now

Bx

Comment

Mod Squad Week of 5/11

Hmmmm... Think my MWO birthday's soon.

MM - My piano's great. Getting rid of the old one this weekend - giving it to a friend.
              Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Mod Squad Week of 5/11

Hello modders...

I read your story DEEBS and posted there, but wanted to say happy birthday. What a year and well done for it all. It will be an inspiration to those starting out to hear how well it can all turn out when the effort is put in. It also highlights what some effective support can do. Great story, thanks for sharing it with us all. A must read for everyone.

MM - thanks for the PM re fostering....PM coming your way on the subject very soon!

Well its been another good and happy AF week here. Planning to try a mod night on saturday (dinner with the HUB and a bottle of red shared). So, hoping for a good result. Feeling positive actually.

Has anyone heard from J-VO this week??

Hope everyone has a great weekend...love Moo
                "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
                but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Mod Squad Week of 5/11

Me too!

Mad Mummy;613597 wrote: Ask - My 2 children are adopted as well, daughter 13 and son 11.
                  Hey moms,
                  We should start our own adoption thread :H as my boys are adopted as well.

We did consider foster parenting but hubby likes to travel so much that it's ended up not being a good idea but I sure do love the thought of helping kids.

My sons will have access to meeting their birthmoms if they ever want to although both birthmoms have major issues and will probably be a disappointment as kids tend to fantasize unrealistic birthparents.

My coming here was spurred by my sons finally getting big enough to make comments about "mom's drinking". Giggling when mom walked funny. That stuff really had to end so I'm grateful this place exists because I just didn't like the thought of putting it all out there in a program like A.A.

Have a beautiful day everyone.
                  Eve11
                  "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Mod Squad Week of 5/11

Hi everyone,
                    I haven't been here this week. Have not been drinking, although did this past weekend. I'm going through some nasty depression and really can't pinpoint the reason. I've got nothing accomplished and feel crappy about myself.

Deebs, I did read about your hubby and the car thing. I hope you've worked that out with him. That's a scary and upsetting incident. I also read your story, and you're such a beautiful girl. You've helped me through so many times and I'm so grateful to you. And...I can't imagine what it would be like looking out my back door and seeing monkeys playing around on the trampoline! What a site! How cool.

Cyclefan - I think for about a year, my son refused to wear any clothes at all! No shame, nope! I cherish those memories.

Ask, you're in my prayers. That has to be so difficult seeing your loved one, epsecially your parent going through that.

I hope everyone else is doing well today. I'll put everyone in my prayers. God Bless.
                    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Mod Squad Week of 5/11

Joining Up!

:new:

Hi everyone:

I'm relatively new to MWO and definitely new to this thread, but would like to join in. I'm pretty sure that modding is my choice of lifestyle, although I'm open to possibilities since I'm only about 4 weeks into this whole new phase of things.

Happy Birthday DeeBee!! I'm reminded of the (photo) safari my mother took in Tanzania when she turned 70, and her trip-mates had put up a happy birthday banner outside her hut the morning of her birthday early early and a troop of crazy monkeys ripped it down! Made for a much better story even though the naughty things ruined their nice sign! :fitmonkey:

As for your adoptive and foster parents out there, WAY TO GO! There are not nearly enough of you big hearted folks out there, take it from someone who works for Social Services and is always trying to recruit more of you. (And we really do try to be realistic with people about what they are taking on, at least in my agency! )

Comment

Mod Squad Week of 5/11

Hi Scrubbly and welcome!!

I modded yesterday and had 1 glass of wine - is this really me????? But again, like last Saturday, not sure I enjoyed it much and woke after about 2hrs asleep in a really bad mood with myself! This is really odd and I wish I'd done it years ago. Not drinking tonight as running tomorrow.

Have a great weekend everyone
                        Bx

Comment

Mod Squad Week of 5/11

TGIF!!

Wow, I was touched and moved by all of the kind words and messages for my MWO birthday yesterday -- thank you all so much.

Hiya Scrubbs, good to have you on board.
                          There is some great advice and just general chit chat about moderating and what tools we use if you dig in the Long Term Mod threads.

Gee, I can't believe how many adoptive Mums we have here - what amazing woman you all are!!!

Well, I have some work to catch up on and then I'm heading out into the garden if the weather behaves.

Have a fantastic weekend everyone -
                          Viva the Mod Life!!

Comment

Mod Squad Week of 5/11

Hey Modders

Just checking in before the weekend.

Glad to see you J-Vo. Had wondered whether all was ok. PM me.

Eve, A foster thread is not a bad idea!! lol. I could do with more information. MM is going to assist with that too.

Welcome here Scrubbly, lovely to have you here.

Well have completed another two week AF stint, without incident and am feeling really great and in control when AF. So, going to try the "non-occasion mod night dinner!" tomorrow night with Mr Moo. I am working on the principle that I will be content if I can put a 2 or a 3 into drink tracker. This is the first time I have tried this since my journey began. Its sort of good to feel confident enough to try modding in a more normal way. Fingers crossed.

I hope you all have a really fabulous weekend whatever your plans.

Love Moo:h
                            "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
                            but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Mod Squad Week of 5/11

Hi Modders

Yay it is Friday! We decided last week that we would close at noon on Fridays for the summer. I'm chuffed to have that extra half day. There's an art festival in our little town this weekend and it'll be fun to have time to go to that.

Our A/C plans fell through so we're having the evap. cooler serviced today. I really don't mind except for the monsoons in July and August when it doesn't work so well.

Have a good weekend everyone. I miss the Kid.
                              vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Mod Squad Week of 5/11

Hey Gang!!
                                Happy "birthday" DeeBee.

I'm a bit out of touch, since the last few days have been crazy busy, but I'm okay. I've been AF most days...Had 3 tonight, and I'm done now. I probably should have stopped at 2. Oh well. At least I'm not getting trashed.

Hubby and I are out of sinc, as usual.... We are meeting with a therapist on Monday. I sure hope she'll be great. How do we choose the people we do? How is it that after 20 years, some people still think they chose the right person???? I met my husband in 1992. I am a completely different person now, in many ways. How can I make it so that he is still the right mate for me? We have 3 kids, so I feel I must...But this is so hard.

Anyway, drinking over it won't help. So, I'm done for the night. Love to all. Sara
                                "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Working...
                                X