Mod Squad Weekly Thread 5/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giant poster put up day for me. Praying the conditions will be just right to put it up. It has to be pasted up with wallpaper paste - like a billboard.
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Hope the weather with you is different to ours as it's blowing a gale and pouring with rain! Cold as well. Where is Spring? Is it for ascension day Vlad?

Let us know how it goes!

Bx

Comment

Funnily enough, it's not. Our minister's doing a series on Daniel - the poster says 'THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL' in graffiti type writing and then the times of the services for that Sunday.
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Hello Modders.

I hope everyone is having a happy healthy week. I have noticed that when I know I am not going to be drinking for a period time (in this case 2 weeks) then I dont really think about AL. Even though I come here and fill in drink tracker and post and so on. It is almost as though that is just something I do and is not about AL anymore. Is that odd or normal. Either way it feels like an improvement. Its like the beast has accepted that it will be as I tell him and not the other way around. I'm hoping this may be the key to modding?

Just wandered whether others relate to this? What are your experiences....?

Love Moo
          "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
          but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

I think that's normal Moo. I haven't drunk for the last 4 days and have NO intention of drinking this week and I haven't even had a "thought" to drink.

There was something I needed to share and forgot to at the beginning of the week, but you know how I have been batteling of late? Well it's not so much that I have cravings but more that I am "itching" to have a party.
            In the ole days the party ALWAYS used to happen at our place and we really did have a lot of fun -- sometimes I miss that.
            I keep reminding myself of how totally out of hand those days were and how much I despised myself then -- soon stops me wanting to have that jol:-)
            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

I get that entirely Deebs. It's not the drink itself you crave, but the "fun times" associated therewith.

Its great that you are identifying the difference and can see a clear way to STOP the thoughts. There will always be times when the beast comes a knocking, its knowing how to deal with him in our own case that makes us winners.

love Moo

Comment

Ah-ha - the poster is up! It's a little wrinkly but OK.

Comment

YAY VLAD - THATS POSTER-TASTIC! Well Done!

Love Moo

Comment

Interested in Mod

Hello... I am new here, but not new to addiction to alcohol. Had a rather scrary experience without healthcare help around detox early this month, and lasted 9 days sober. And then I went back. I am not proud of putting myself through that and then getting a bottle again, but abrupt withdrawl (which I have done before with months of success) is no longer an option.

How does one moderate onself. I drink early/late/middle depending on my day... I am a sipper which leaves me mellow but not sloshy, but seems worse when I try cold turkey. This time on just stopping was VERY BAD and scared the HE&& out of me.

How does one moderate? I know that some treatment programs even add some alcohol to the IV or alcohol like substances to keep you from the SLAM of just quitting.

Advice would be much appreciated.

Blessings and Laughter
                    R

Comment

Hi MoJo and welcome;

I think you might be confused by what we mean by moderating on this website. It sounds like you are looking for a way to stop drinking without quitting abruptly. Is that right? And you're wondering if stopping by drinking more moderately might be an option?

If that is your question I think you should post up in Just Starting Out or Need Help depending on how anxious/worried or potentially close to harm you feel you are.

What "moderating" on this section is about is mostly people who have done a period of alcohol free who are learning to live with moderate amounts of drinkining in their lives. We have folks who drink 2 - 3 times/ month to folks who drink 2-3 days/ week. What we share in common is setting personal goals and sticking to them, using Drink Tracker to chart our progress, and checking in here to share our progress.

I hope you will post again to let us know what your thoughts are.

Ask

Comment

Hi Mo

Just to say that when I read your post my first thoughts were exactly as Asks, I could not have put it better.

It wonderful that you have found MWO and you WILL get lots of help here and of we can ne of assistance on this thread we'd love that. I do think however that you might find starting out has more folk that appreciate where you are at this time. Moderating (in this case) is as Asky says learning to live with a small (normal!!!) amount of AL in your life after you have had time completely free of it (in most cases) and are able to reassess whether it is even possible for you to moderate. Some of us are still trying and learning.

I know there are many who have been through withdrawal in different ways who will bw able to offer you a great deal of help. Post again, let us know what you think...

Love and Luck Moo:goodjob:

Comment

Welcome Mojo - I don't think I've anything to add to what has already been said. I've abstained 3 times in regards to moderating, the first 2 cold turkey, the last using some of the supplements (in my case Kudzu and Milk Thistle) suggested on this site. LOL, until I realised I wasn't supposed to take Kudzu because of a past medical problem!!! The first time cold turkey (50 something days) was OK, the second time (40 days) was hell. It wasn't so much the physical withdrawal but the depression that came with it, the feeling of not being able to cope without a drink etc etc. I battled through though, even resisting a drink when I had intense toothache. If only I'd known about this site at the time!!!

Comment

Happy Hump Day:-)
                            Bring on the weekend, I am tired of working already!!
                            Some people are just so damn rude and arrogant, I tell you! This chap owes us money but because he didn't charge his client the correct value he's refusing to pay us -- the cheek of it!
                            Anyway I have bunked work cause there's no power and decided to "work" from home today.
                            I have spent most of my morning shopping around for building materials for the house and a border for my 3 new veggie patches. The sun is still shining so I'm going to head out into the garden for a bit -- they are predicting rain for this afternoon -- YAY! And I am dragging the daughter to yoga class with me later.

Vladster, what is a webinar???

Hi Ask and Moo!

Special Hi and welcome to Mojo!

Where's everyone else -- Judie, J-Vo, Sara, Sun (I know you're lurking) Kid (thinking of you) and everyone else I have forgotten.
                            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

A Webinar is like an online meeting, you can share your desktop, files and chat to those online. In this case we were demonstrating our software to a bunch of prospects. We had 3 turn up, and a 4th who called in because he missed the meeting. It was good, I didn't think we'd get anyone!

I drove past the church on the way to work to check my poster was still OK. It was fine.

Comment

Hi All

Vlad...sounds like you have nailed that poster!

I too was wondering where people are this week. Esp. J-Vo. Let us know you are ok J.

Deebs. The rain has invaded us here too! Hoorah, at least I wont have to water the plant tonight! Every cloud does indeed have a silver lining.

I am really glad its Hump Afternoon. Just finished work for the day...early for once and now I am off to the Gym and then errands (shopping, post office). See here I am living the dream!!!!!

Have a great evening all. Love Moo

Comment

Working...
                                X