Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad Weekly Thread 5/18

Hi Everybody,

Yikes! They are in the process of demolishing the exterior of my house! Along with my plants. Whose idea was it to get new windows and siding? - mine! I will be so relieved when it is all over. These guys are all in MY space.

Other than that, I guess I'm OK. Due to construction vehicles in my driveway, I had to park in the street, and someone backed into me. Not too much damage, I think I will just live with the dent.

AskForHelp, thanks for summarizing so nicely what holds us all together.

Moo, we even eat the same meals: veggie soup for lunch, porridge (oatmeal) for breakfast with blueberries. I also add ground flax seed to my oatmeal. My weakness is eating in the evening. My weight is stable though, and my numbers are good (good and bad cholesterol, BP, all of that). I still haven't given up on my goal to lose 15# during 2009, but I haven't made any progress, either. Deebs, I have to get back to reading Thin for Life, but I started and need to finish A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.

Take care, all.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hey Sunbeam

Lovely to hear from you sweets. Sorry to hear that the builders are driving you nuts. I have much sympathy with that one. Major renovations still on going at the Moo residence!!! You sound like you have the healthy eating nailed too. I find the evening the hardest time with the nibbles, so I try and eat fruit or a few crackers.

Well night night all x
      "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
      but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Hi Ya'll! Just popping in to touch base with everybody.

Been busy finishing up that painting job last week, had a few days off to paddle, & recuperate my back from those 16 & 1/2' high ceilings... Moving that extension ladder really got to me! I'm getting too old for that...

For somebody who just quit their full time job,... I've been damn busy! Can't complain, it's good $$, and I never know, when I'll get another job around here...

Although, I did just get a call for more painting today, starting on Friday.

I'm so glad it's getting to be the summer season here! Loving the weather.

Sunbeam, sorry to hear the builders aren't being more considerate of your plants. Hopefully you'll be able to get some new beauties ASAP! (Maybe some of the ones ya have, are bulbs or perrenials, that will bounce back..?)

DeeBee, I have to agree with ya... rude & arrogant people are waayy over-rated. life is too short for that. (why I quit my last job! LOL...well, and then some...):H

My roses are blooming beautifully! I picked a great big bouquet this morning! Jasmins' blooming too! Love it!

Hope everybody's doing well.
        Huge hugs,
        Judie
        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Sun, I sympathise with you on the builder issue -- they are a necessary evil -- but how awesome is your house going to look when you are finished. Stay calm, it's worth it.

Judie, that's the one thing I have never tried to grow, is roses. The daughter asked me the other day to buy her some which I might just put into a pot outside her bedroom window for her to take care of -- they just seem like such high maintenace and finiky plants.
          I am so chuffed to hear you are busy work wise -- it was a good decision to tell "that woman" to go and shove her job.

Vladster, great job on the poster! How is the piano treating you:-) The daughter has decided it'll be cool to learn how to play the guitar, so I bought my sisters guitar off her, which has NEVER been used and told her if she learns 3 notes on her own I'll pay for the lessons -- I have yet to hear her strumming anything lol!!

Moo, don't talk to me about evening nibbles!! Last night after dinner, I was just craving something, anything to nibble on and it did not matter how many times I opened the cupboards and fridge nothing appealed to me so I went to bed grumpy and feeling oh so sorry for myself.
          I have done this all on purpose -- the cupboards and fridge is now stocked with HEALTHY food only -- not a chocolate or packet of crisps to be seen:-((

I am busy baking Date Muffins which are sugar free and I'll take them into work with me this morning for the sales meeting and test drive them on the staff (but I'm not telling them what's in them.... said with an evil chuckle)

Well, we had not a drop of rain yesterday - dof weather-man, he never gets it right! Which means I must water my garden today. And later I'm going to drag the daughter around the block for a run.

Oh, I'm super excited -- a Nia dance class is starting here by me and I'm going to join on monday -- has anyone here done Nia before?

Right, I'm off to begin my day -- Hope you are all well and living the mod life.

Hugs
          Dee
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Deebs...havent heard of Nia Dancing. What kind is it? You sound dead enthusiastic about it.

Just checking in...have a busy day ahead as we trundle towards the bankholiday weekend (which will be AF for me). That would definitely have been an excuse to drink before!!! Its surprising to see what I did use as an excuse actually.

Hope everyone has a lovely day.

Mooo
            "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
            but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

I just posted a thread in the fitness forums about NIA Moo -- check out the video and picture me (the one with two left feet and a tyre around her middle) pulling off those moves -- should have you laughing to yourself all day!
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hiya Modders!!

TGIF!
                I can't believe how quickly the week has gone.
                Hubby is home from his travels, tired and weary. Times are tough business wise and altho he has always kept a cheerful outlook I can see that he is taking strain -- it is worrying times.

Today I am off to a Decorators expo to see what's new in the industry and say hi to a couple of clients. There is also a talk by a well known landscaper this afternoon which I am interesting in listeneing to -- the art of hanging baskets. Travelling through ScottlanId in summer and seeing the towns window boxes and hanging baskets filled with flowers have inspited me to try my hand at it.

It is the Comrades Marathon this weekend so all preparations are full steam ahead. My house will be fill with family and we'll be awake early on Sunday to go and get the best stop to sit LOL. So my weekend will definetly be AF!!! YEEEHHAAA!!

How is everyone??? Hmmm???

Comment

Woah, woah, woah! Came out from youth club and I had one thing on my mind. Beer. Was giving someone a lift home so as I passed the off licence I glanced to see if it was open. When I got home found myself rifling though my purse to see if I had any money. I hadn't. Then it dawned on me what I was doing... I thought, 'Woah! Stop! I don't need to have a drink.' Plus, it was already nearly 10.00pm and I need to be up early tomorrow to drive 100 miles south to the MIL's. I know what set me off. I spotted a guy drinking a can of stella as I turned out from the church carpark. No procrastination, no plotting, planning or whether I will or won't, just a clear single-minded mission that I was going to drink. That has not happened in a long time. Anyway, I sit here drinking a cup of tea. Going to post a '0' on that Drink Tracker.
                  Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

your all gone AF.
                    Bdd,

How much we each drink varies a lot, but most of us do have more AF days than days we drink. Is that what you were referring to? Many of us use Drink Tracker, which is a great tool if you are serious about limiting your alcohol intake. You can look there to see the various patterns many of us here follow.
                    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Sunbeam;619580 wrote: You can look there to see the vrious patterns many of us here follow.
                      Don't look at mine!!! :H
                      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Hey Everyone,
                        I only have a minute to say hello. I've been way too busy for my own good...A little down, and isolating myself, I guess. I'll be back.
                        Sara
                        "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Sara,
                          I'm glad to see your post. You have sounded mostly so unhappy since you joined this thread, and I'm really hoping something can change to help you pull out of that unhappiness.

Comment

Well done Vladster on NOT having that drink!!

Just a quick fly-by to say hi to my favorite peeps -- how is everyone doing today?
                            Sun, I thought of you this morning when my DH demolished a wall outside our bedroom window - what a mess!!

Comment

Vlad,
                              Your record is fine. It is honest. It is way better than your old days. No drinkin' without thinkin' is what I hear you say. You want to do better, but that is true of all of us. If we were really proud and confident and satisfied, we wouldn't need to use Drink Tracker any more.

Deebs, at least all the old siding is off my house now, and they have started putting up the nice new siding, which is lovely. They mostly finished the side of the garage near the patio, so I was able to set up my hot tub last night, and will go in it this evening for the first time this season.

Comment

Sunbeam;619719 wrote: Sara,
                                I'm glad to see your post. You have sounded mostly so unhappy since you joined this thread, and I'm really hoping something can change to help you pull out of that unhappiness.
                                Hey Everyone,
                                Wow, this really struck a nerve for me, Sunbeam. I never would have thought I came across this way. I guess I must post more when I'm down than when I'm feeling good. I thought, though, that I'd been pretty positive a lot of the time...about my kids, my dog, my walks in the woods...

Since reading your comment, I've been doing some soul-searching. I think that most of the unhappiness I've conveyed has been about my marriage, and I know that you and Eve and DeeBee are all extremely happy in that area of your lives. I honestly can't imagine that I would have nearly as hard a time with the drinking issue if I felt as happy about my marriage as all of you do.

Anyway, I feel disconnected here at the Mod Squad...I think I might need a thread that has a bit more talk about mood and marriage and how drinking relates to those. I'm sure I'll check in now and then...I'm really fond of you guys. But as immature as it may seem, it's hard for me to put myself out there and say, "I'm having problems in my marriage" amongst people who are so blissfully happy. I'm glad for you that this is the case, but I just can't feel I belong here right now.

Take good care everyone...I'll see you around.
                                Sara
                                "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Working...
                                X