X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad Weekly Thread 1st of June

hi All
    Welcome Ronnie, and welcome back MM!
    Deebs, do you find all the supplements helpful? I am working out, maybe drinking a tad more than I want, I certainly have lost a decent amount of weight...
    Did I tell you all that I just bought a weighted hula hoop? I haven't used it yet...I just got it a few days ago. I would like a skinny little waist.
    Lila

Comment

A weighted hula hoop!! What a blast Lila!! I still can't get mine to go more than twice around in a row -- I look so dof doing it.

I do find the supps helpfull -- I have bounced between a lot of different ones but what is really working for me at the moment is the L-Theanine, 5-HTP and magnesium combo. I have stopped taking my Omega oils because I'm getting MORE than the recommended daily requirement from all the 'happy" cookies I am eating.
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hey Mod Squad...

just dropped in to say Hi and thinking of you all. Having been away for a few days at the end of last week I have come home to an avalanche of work and always have a few days of just keeping my head above water in the work world. I guess its the same for us all. The storm after the calm!!!!
        I have briefly read everyones news and all is sounding positive, sorry no personal messages as no time! ahhh. I'll be back once it all setttles a bit!

Holidays went great, most successful modding to date, so something is working! And have slotted straight back into AF life again (on for 3.5 weeks AF now I hope).

So again love to all.

Moooo
        "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
        but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

hi Mood - it's okay, it can be exhausting to write everyone a personal note sometimes. Anyways, I am feeling hopeful and upbeat about life again. I think my acupuncturist is helping.
          Ah, summer! The kids are outside and I can hear everyone playing and yelling. So nice!

Comment

Hey Everyone!
            Welcome Ronnie, and good to see everyone else. DeeBee, I'm going to read up on L-Theanine... I'm taking L-Tryptophan, in a small dose since I'm back on Prozac. I wish I had been able to just use the supps, but for now anyway, I felt it was time to go back to the med that's helped me the most in the past.

I'm doing okay. I had one glass of wine a few nights ago...Nothing since then. Until tonight I wasn't even tempted, because I felt so much on the edge of depression...But tonight I felt all crabby and premenstrual and I really wanted to smooth out the edges with a drink. I kept talking myself through it, from 5-7, reminding myself that I am trying so hard to feel good, and that alcohol might precipitate a set-back. It was definitely a struggle tonight. I also told myself that I could have a piece of fabulous dark chocolate tonight if I didn't drink, and that helped, too. Haven't had it yet, but I will savor it later.

Ronnie, a lot of us make rules for ourselves, and sometimes that helps with modding. I have a friend who only drinks on Fridays and Saturdays, only two glasses of wine each night, and never alone. Another friend of mine chooses two days a week when she can drink, but only beer, because it's too easy for her to over-do wine. I myself don't know what my rules will be when I get beyond where I am right now. I just know that not drinking at all is the best plan for me at the moment...But that has to do with trying to lift my mood.

Well, I'm off to finish "New Moon" (2nd in the "Twilight" series...very adolescent, but fun) and savor my dark chocolate and a cold glass of milk. Life does hold many pleasures besides drinking, when we let it.
            Sara
            "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Hi everyone, and thankyou so much for your kind words and suggestions, I am still trying to figure out a plan that will suit me, I think it might be a case of trial and error first of all. But I still have 5 more days left of my A/F time, I really cant believe I have got this far!!!
              Look forward to getting to know all of you better
              Love ronnie xx
              :dancin: enguin:
              starting over

Comment

Hi Modsters

Just checking in this morning to say thanks for your kind words of welcome back - AF last night and feeling good today. Off to work now will check in later.

Bx

Comment

MM, I just caught up with your news on the ODAT thread -- I had such a giggle reading about the hunky frenchman LOL!!

So how are the modsters today? 'eh?

Well I've just come back for another session with the therapist, only this time she didn't invite me in when she chatted with the daughter so I'm not sure what was said.
                  I am busy reading a book called "Straight Talk" which is all about what recovering parents should tell their kids about drugs and alcohol. It was a book that had just arrived at the Libuary and I picked it up half heartedly with no real intention of reading it as I have no intention of talking to the daughter about my addictions any time soon -- maybe when she is older.... but WOW it has opened up my eyes. There are just so many passages and chapters where I find I just have to write it down it's so good. It has also helped me understand WHY I have an addictive personality and just how much is self inflicted and how much is genetic -- an interesting read.

The daughter had a function she needed to attend at school last night which meant I had to drive out and pick her up at 9pm. I always get a rush from doing something simple like that because a year ago I was never in a position to be the driver. Now I crank up the tunes and enjoy the ride (even though it's way past my bedtime LOL)

Right, I am off to jog around the block for a bit.

Catch ya later.
                  "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

DeeBee;627325 wrote:
                    The daughter had a function she needed to attend at school last night which meant I had to drive out and pick her up at 9pm. I always get a rush from doing something simple like that because a year ago I was never in a position to be the driver. Now I crank up the tunes and enjoy the ride (even though it's way past my bedtime LOL)
                    DeeBee,
                    Wow, I can really relate to that one as well. Same with me, dropping the boys off and picking them up at 9:00 p.m. Certainly couldn't have 2-3 glasses of wine and think I'd be driving at night. Also, I've had much less of a tendancy to drink on work nights than in the past, so even when neighbor kids are visiting - it's so nice that my boy's mom is not standing there with glass in hand.

Vacation time is upon us so it's always easier to drink more for me - just so I can stick to no more than 2 in an evening is my main goal and would like to not drink nightly like I've done on the past when on vacation. We'll see how it goes but will be working it.
                    Eve11:l
                    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

I can so relate to that! In the past, I have caught myself wanting to pick up the kids early from their friends so I could have a few. I don't think I did, since I could not justify it. Still.

Comment

Hi Guys, end of the week already - gosh don't know where it goes to?

AF again last night but I could have a drunk a bottle+++ easily as v stressed with people not doing what they're supposed to when they're supposed to - AAAGGH. It's divine punishment for my time with the gorgeous French vet yesterday - ha ha.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Luv to all
                        Bx

Comment

I drank more than I should've last night. I am worried about life in general. I didn't drink as much as some, but more than I am happy with.
                          Today will be a good day, and I am going to be happy and productive. I am not going to let my fears get to me.
                          Lila

Comment

Well done Lila for not beating yourself up, that will not help. Taking a positive approach to today has to be more productive in the end. As I always say, when modding there will be some occasions when we go over what we would have preferred. Learn, stop, reboot and move on.

Hope today went well for you.

Love moo
                            "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
                            but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Hi all - just popping in to let you know I'm still around and doing fine. Stepped out of the boat today and did some detached youth work on the streets.

Things are good on the drinking front. AF yesterday and today.

Oh and thinking tomorrow might bring some interesting news, but maybe not. Not going to say just yet.
                              Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Hi all,
                                I spent today with my sister as she had hip replacement surgery. All went well, and another learning experience. I have worked in a hospital long ago, but never went with anyone for surgery.

Tomorrow early I have to be at a plant sale for my gardening group. Lots of bargains for the public, we make money for our group with no expenses, and we all share the leftovers.

Enjoy the weekend!
                                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                                X