X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad Weekly Thread 1st of June

Checking In

HI all;

I've had a long and kind of sad and difficult week with several deaths (a dear friend's father and my daughter's school counselor), too many responsibilities and worries. Just had to endure and get through it, but it was very difficult and at times I felt it was just too much.

I am home alone tonight and relaxing, reading and checking up on my friends here. I still have a funeral to go to tomorrow and work to do this weekend but I plan to sleep in and maybe stay up late reading tonight. I did have one nice afternoon this week with my golf team where the sun was shining, the course was just beautiful and we all just laughed for a few hours. It was lovely. I would like more hours like that this weekend.

I hope to be in touch a bit more next week, but am going to see my folks in Minnesota next weekend, so know that even when I don't write I am thinking of you!

Fondly,

Ask

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear that Ask. And Lila, dear, sorry you've been having a hard time. Thinking of you all, though I have little time to write. There's always someone waiting for me to do something for him! I'm hanging in there...Two drinks tonight...I felt better AF. Sara
      "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

The beast won.

Last night, for some reason, even thought I had planned a 3.5 week AF run, I gave the beast permission to go out. He drank 8 beers.

On the good side, it was beer and not wine (and good quality german beer, no chemicals). Even the beast is learning some lessons as a result of all this. Even when he wins (which is very very rare now) he is much more sensible.

On the upside, Mr Moo and I had a great night, I did not get "drunk" even though I had too much to drink, if that makes sense. I remember everything, and amazingly I do not feel ill today (I would have if had been wine). I am learning to drink differently, even when over doing it, which is still an improvement. And frankly, although I had too much, it would have been more before.

On the downside, I am obviously very disappointed that he won. Or more that I did not challenge him. I am not happy with the amount I drank clearly, well over moderate consumption.

I have identified two reasons why I did not challenge the beast. Firstly, I due to a combination of holiday time and busyness I have hardly been here. HUGE mistake! Secondly its day 2 of my "monthly cycle" and I note, I got caught at exactly the same time last month. I think there may be a connection with less resolve and I need to be aware of that.

Anyway, enough waffle about me. I am pretty ok about it as it goes.

I obviously need you guys a lot still....thanks for all the support you give me. I cant be thankful enough for the generally good results,

moo
        "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
        but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Just a quik pop in to say "Hello"!
          Been really busy here. Just started back @ a new "old job".
          Things are going really well there.

Ask, sorry to here about the sadness you're going thru this week...

Moo, glad you're feeling OK, and learning here too. I'm kind in the same boat... I've found I don't really like wine @ all! It gives me migraines.

Sorry this is so short, but gotta get ready for work.
          Hi to all to come.
          Been thinking of ya ALL!
          Huge Hugs,
          Judie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6uk6W3TVPU[/video]]YouTube - Jake Owen - Startin' With Me
          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

hello girls, long time no speak! i have had some time away to take stock and logged on tonight to check how you all are: ladies you sound good but what about the men? i havent gone back in time so perhaps ive missed something but where is kid and his hhc??
            Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

Hey Keeps!
              Great to hear form you. Kid was banned mostly due to a significant battle with WorkInProgress. It is a shame, because they both contributed a lot here, WIP over way more time and with her professional expertise. Kid was a great influential personality. But people do come and go here for all kinds of reasons. I hope you are doing well.
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

hi Keeps
                So nice to *see* you again! Yes, and Zed left as well, I do miss his posts! I just thought about you the other day and wondered where you were!
                Have you been walking a lot? I have been biking as it is finally spring/summer. Such a joy!
                Lila

Comment

Working...
                X